Chansiri in or out?

Chansiri, in or out?   

455 members have voted

1. 1. In or out

• In
    • Out

1 minute ago, crookesowl said:

I don’t think he is dismantling the club as such. He is working in an unorthodox way to give his money the best chance of success. Sadly he has been misguided but I am sure he knows this now. 

IMO we are in a reasonable position because he is keeping us alive. Clubs will fold through this crisis, and we are relatively stable. Even if we aren’t successful. 

Good. God.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Said everyone every single time a chairman was under pressure/had cocked up/was hounded out

Every single time without fail, and without exception, another chairman came along to take the reigns

These are not normal times. Many many businesses will fail in the coming months. 

I will get my popcorn and wait for takeovers in the next 6 months. Oh wait. There’s a global pandemic. 

Chansiri will keep us alive.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Chansiri is in the process of dismantling and destroying something that has been close to my heart for most of my life. He doesn't know us,doesn't understand us and the sooner he moves out the better. I realise it's not as simple as just " moving out" but I fear that with him at the helm for too much longer there won't be anything left.

Just an opinion from an ageing Owl and I accept there are others to the contrary.

100% this.

• Thanks 1

It’s all well and good asking for him to leave....but who else will buy us, and who else will be willing to fund the losses. I get that fans are upset, but he could quite easily lose interest tomorrow and put us into admin. That would she a sure way for him to be “out”. 

Personally I’d be happy for him to stay, continue to invest...but with proper football people around him. He needs to grow the pet shop up and get the help this club needs. 

• Like 5

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

It’s all well and good asking for him to leave....but who else will buy us, and who else will be willing to fund the losses. I get that fans are upset, but he could quite easily lose interest tomorrow and put us into admin. That would she a sure way for him to be “out”. 

Personally I’d be happy for him to stay, continue to invest...but with proper football people around him. He needs to grow the pet shop up and get the help this club needs. 

Put your tin hat on pal. The residents aren’t happy with people talking sense 

9 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

These are not normal times. Many many businesses will fail in the coming months. 

I will get my popcorn and wait for takeovers in the next 6 months. Oh wait. There’s a global pandemic. 

Chansiri will keep us alive.

Business’s are booming.

i am a business owner and our turnover will double that of last year, even with 6 weeks off due to COVID 

Can you imagine Chansiri trying to fill the ground when fans are allowed back with heavy discounts, kids 4 a quid, £100 for 4 game offers. Giving something back to the fans during uncertain times.

People have money to spent and are desperate for football, will he capitalise on that or stick to his £40 pay on the gate system.

Will he knock shirts out at £35 a pop or the usual £60 pricing many out. 

Will membership prices reflect good value for money at around £30/£40 or will they stay at whatever ridiculous price they are now.

Edited by Mac_77
  • Like 1

What a fool he's been. If I he comes out and admits his mistakes, and shows some kind of an idea how to move forward, I'd perhaps be willing to back him.

Up to now he's shown no idea whatsoever that he has a plan or a team around him that can run a football club properly.

People talk about the Wembley season but remember the circus around appointing the manager and the transfer committee at the start of that season... Did he just get lucky?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

I don’t think he is dismantling the club as such. He is working in an unorthodox way to give his money the best chance of success. Sadly he has been misguided but I am sure he knows this now. 

IMO we are in a reasonable position because he is keeping us alive. Clubs will fold through this crisis, and we are relatively stable. Even if we aren’t successful. 

Either your a pig on a wind up or Chansiri has photos of you that you don't want revealing.

• Haha 2

Wednesday could be playing in the in the Northern Counties League at Hillsborough Park in front of 300 people paying £90 a ticket, and some fans would still be saying Chansiri will learn, and has just been badly advised, and we'll turn it around, and we just need a bit of luck, and so on and so on until the end of time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mac_77 said:

Business’s are booming.

i am a business owner and our turnover will double that of last year, even with 6 weeks off due to COVID 

Can you imagine Chansiri trying to fill the ground when fans are allowed back with heavy discounts, kids 4 a quid, £100 for 4 game offers. Giving something back to the fans during uncertain times.

People have money to spent and are desperate for football, will he capitalise on that or stick to his £40 pay on the gate system.

Will he knock shirts out at £35 a pop or the usual £60 pricing many out.

Will membership prices reflect good value for money at around £30/£40 or will they stay at whatever ridiculous price they are now.

Depends what industry you work in. If you fit fences or do gardening happy days but if you work in leisure and tourism you’re screwed.  Fact is there is an employment crisis and people are  losing jobs daily. 

The economy is shrinking fast and we will be struggling for years to recover. 

So to have a committed chairman with a healthy bank account is critical right now. 

• Like 2

Out.

He's tarnished our reputation, he's darkened the name of Sheffield Wednesday and the standing of our club among our peers, and he's stripped us of our home to pay for this service.

• Like 3