GARRY MONK vs NEW MANAGER THREAD

17 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

As above... With vast majority of the fans wanting Monk out the door, who will really want to come and take on this mess.

Just have to back Monk now at least until November. Hopefully he’s given chance to bring in some more young players.

We have been in far worse positions... Up the owls

We’ve already got a manager thanks.

RE “With vast majority of the fans wanting Monk out the door” can you share the numbers from your Survey?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I totally get where you’re coming from mate. I’m surprised he’s been out of work as long as he has because I thought he did a good job here. In many ways we are in a similar situation to what we were when he first got the job, a squad that was going nowhere fast, poor home form, questionable attitudes, etc., etc.?

As I’ve said before we need a manager who can re-attach the fans with club. Make us a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem. Ideally we need a Wednesday Man which Megson undoubtedly is.

I think the next 2 weeks or so will tell us a lot about whether Monk is up to it or not or as at least the stomach for a fight?

Monk is singlehandedly sweeping up after the Lord Mayor's parade..

Steve Bruce spotted this to the extent that he took on a hiding to nothing position rather than stay with us.

I don't want any "boyhood club" pony coming back..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

69% the 'vast majority'?

7 in 10. Other polls on different platforms I have seen have had similar of not higher numbers, around 75%. It may not be a vast majority but it is a clear majority.

There are significant problems that clearly go beyond the manager and the players but just because there are major issues elsewhere shouldn't mean we can ignore the fact that our current manager took the same team he had helped lead to 3rd at halfway to the 23rd best out of 24 in the second half of the season.

He even tried a new approach after a 3-month lay-off, got people on board with 'positive vibes' - and finished the season with 8 points from the last 9 games and a continuation of the abysmal defensive record.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

7 in 10. Other polls on different platforms I have seen have had similar of not higher numbers, around 75%. It may not be a vast majority but it is a clear majority.

The biggest vote on this recently was the Wednesdayite twitter one

What was the result of that one?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The biggest vote on this recently was the Wednesdayite twitter one

What was the result of that one?

The one in which less than half voted that they would give him the chance to rebuild next season? Resounding success for him that! Monkmanface

Tell me which bit of 17 points from 23 games, conceding 2 goals per game for half a season, trying different formations without success and continually making half-time substitutions because the approach he chose to go with was wrong fills you with confidence that he is the right man?

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well this is awkward for HirstyBoyWonder innit

lol

Why is it awkward for me that less than half of this poll come out in favour of supporting the manager outright and 70% of your own poll want him out?

Notice you have failed to offer any answers as to my comments about his performance as manager and why you have confidence in him.....

Tell me which bit of 17 points from 23 games, conceding 2 goals per game for half a season, trying different formations without success and continually making half-time substitutions because the approach he chose to go with was wrong fills you with confidence that he is the right man?

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Absobloodylutely! The manager isn’t the issue. 

He is not the only issue, nor is he the biggest issue but nothing suggests he is the right man to be part of the solution.