@owlstalk

BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Who? Me or the other clubs?

You - I mean, in what way is charging us with something we have done racist? If there was a white chairman  in the same situation being treated differently you could argue that, but no-one else has been as stupid as DC... Gibson should be banned cos of his face, but that's face-ist - not racist. Though if its anything like the FA hearings for racism just mentioning it should get the efl an 8 match ban on probability. 

Edited by Daizan10

48 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Let’s face it - we’d be doing exactly the same thing if roles were reversed

Totally agree.

Just because we would do exact same thing doesn't make it right.

They, charlton, have fooooked it, just like we would have..:rolleyes:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lump On said:

It seems Chansiri is the new bad guy round here.

I'd just like to remind you all that if we'd beaten Hull or beaten a very poor Huddersfield over 2 matches and beaten Reading (we would have) he'd be an HERO round these parts. 

He spent HIS MONEY trying to get US promoted and it didn't work out but to suddenly lay the all the blame at his door is madness.

We have a clean wage bill, money to spend and even with the 12 point deduction if we have a good recruitment this season we could still reach playoffs and that's all we should really be looking to do these days.

We have to get behind the team especially the new players that come to the club, a points deduction is a barrier to overcome no doubt but we will.

who’s fault is it we have the -12 deduction? 

• Haha 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

EFL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not mine, if it was up to me it would be +12

lol

Just now, Hookowl said:

Not mine, if it was up to me it would be +12

lol

this season or next though? 🙂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

this season or next though? 🙂 

Both..........................just to be on the safe side :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

That 4pm announcement on the Wigan case doesn’t seem to have happened then. 

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Perhaps for every pound you overspend that is then distributed amongst the other clubs (who stay within the limits) or grassroots, even for those promoted.

That would never pass the legal requirements for regulatory bodies not in a million years

27 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

You - I mean, in what way is charging us with something we have done racist? If there was a white chairman  in the same situation being treated differently you could argue that, but no-one else has been as stupid as DC... Gibson should be banned cos of his face, but that's face-ist - not racist. Though if its anything like the FA hearings for racism just mentioning it should get the efl an 8 match ban on probability. 

I’m not on about the charge. It’s been heard and we’ve been found guilty but it looks to me that there’s some sort of desire from certain clubs to see us hung, drawn and quartered? And IMO this desire wouldn’t be there if it was Middlesbrough and Gibson in the dock but that is just my opinion?

54 minutes ago, Jim said:

If I was DC I’d be playing the race card because let’s be honest if this was say Middlesbrough in the dock, this wouldn’t be happening?

Good grief

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

That would never pass the legal requirements for regulatory bodies not in a million years

It wasn't me that suggested it, I was stating to someone else that theIR suggestion has already been floated by the EFL.

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Good grief

Be honest I squirmed

• Haha 1

Just now, royalowlisback said:

It wasn't me that suggested it, I was stating to someone else that theIR suggestion has already been floated by the EFL.

Fair enough - however that will never ever fly. It's a bit like someone in the banking world breaking the rules and being fined by the FCA and then distributing the money to their competitors. It's never going to happen

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Fair enough - however that will never ever fly. It's a bit like someone in the banking world breaking the rules and being fined by the FCA and then distributing the money to their competitors. It's never going to happen

It is the EFL's proposal, the other divisions have already agreed in principle to it.

Just now, royalowlisback said:

It is the EFL's proposal, the other divisions have already agreed in principle to it.

Not going to happen

8 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

It would allow clubs with wealthy owners to overspend, and at least all the other clubs that spend within their means would get a share of the over-spend, which could lead to fewer court hearings every other week.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

If I was DC I’d be playing the race card because let’s be honest if this was say Middlesbrough in the dock, this wouldn’t be happening?

Thank God you're not, then.

That would be embarrassing beyond belief and would well and truly finish off anything still remaining of our club's reputation within the game.

• Like 3