Jump to content
@owlstalk

BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

Who? Me or the other clubs?

You - I mean, in what way is charging us with something we have done racist? If there was a white chairman  in the same situation being treated differently you could argue that, but no-one else has been as stupid as DC... Gibson should be banned cos of his face, but that's face-ist - not racist. Though if its anything like the FA hearings for racism just mentioning it should get the efl an 8 match ban on probability. 

Edited by Daizan10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Let’s face it - we’d be doing exactly the same thing if roles were reversed

 

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because we would do exact same thing doesn't make it right.

They, charlton, have fooooked it, just like we would have..:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Lump On said:

It seems Chansiri is the new bad guy round here.

 

I'd just like to remind you all that if we'd beaten Hull or beaten a very poor Huddersfield over 2 matches and beaten Reading (we would have) he'd be an HERO round these parts. 

 

He spent HIS MONEY trying to get US promoted and it didn't work out but to suddenly lay the all the blame at his door is madness.

 

We have a clean wage bill, money to spend and even with the 12 point deduction if we have a good recruitment this season we could still reach playoffs and that's all we should really be looking to do these days.

 

We have to get behind the team especially the new players that come to the club, a points deduction is a barrier to overcome no doubt but we will.


who’s fault is it we have the -12 deduction? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WalthamOwl said:


who’s fault is it we have the -12 deduction? 

EFL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


who’s fault is it we have the -12 deduction? 

 

Not mine, if it was up to me it would be +12

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hookowl said:

 

Not mine, if it was up to me it would be +12

lol


this season or next though? 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


this season or next though? 🙂 

 

Both..........................just to be on the safe side :rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 4pm announcement on the Wigan case doesn’t seem to have happened then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Perhaps for every pound you overspend that is then distributed amongst the other clubs (who stay within the limits) or grassroots, even for those promoted.

That would never pass the legal requirements for regulatory bodies not in a million years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

You - I mean, in what way is charging us with something we have done racist? If there was a white chairman  in the same situation being treated differently you could argue that, but no-one else has been as stupid as DC... Gibson should be banned cos of his face, but that's face-ist - not racist. Though if its anything like the FA hearings for racism just mentioning it should get the efl an 8 match ban on probability. 

 

I’m not on about the charge. It’s been heard and we’ve been found guilty but it looks to me that there’s some sort of desire from certain clubs to see us hung, drawn and quartered? And IMO this desire wouldn’t be there if it was Middlesbrough and Gibson in the dock but that is just my opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

If I was DC I’d be playing the race card because let’s be honest if this was say Middlesbrough in the dock, this wouldn’t be happening?

Good grief

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

That would never pass the legal requirements for regulatory bodies not in a million years

It wasn't me that suggested it, I was stating to someone else that theIR suggestion has already been floated by the EFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Good grief

Be honest I squirmed

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, royalowlisback said:

It wasn't me that suggested it, I was stating to someone else that theIR suggestion has already been floated by the EFL.

Fair enough - however that will never ever fly. It's a bit like someone in the banking world breaking the rules and being fined by the FCA and then distributing the money to their competitors. It's never going to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Fair enough - however that will never ever fly. It's a bit like someone in the banking world breaking the rules and being fined by the FCA and then distributing the money to their competitors. It's never going to happen

It is the EFL's proposal, the other divisions have already agreed in principle to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, royalowlisback said:

It is the EFL's proposal, the other divisions have already agreed in principle to it.

Not going to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Fair enough - however that will never ever fly. It's a bit like someone in the banking world breaking the rules and being fined by the FCA and then distributing the money to their competitors. It's never going to happen

It would allow clubs with wealthy owners to overspend, and at least all the other clubs that spend within their means would get a share of the over-spend, which could lead to fewer court hearings every other week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim said:

If I was DC I’d be playing the race card because let’s be honest if this was say Middlesbrough in the dock, this wouldn’t be happening?

 

Thank God you're not, then.

 

That would be embarrassing beyond belief and would well and truly finish off anything still remaining of our club's reputation within the game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...