BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Can someone answer me this!

We sold the stadium for £60 million

In the financial year it was included we made a pre tax profit of £2.5 million

Without it we would have posted a pre-tax lost of £35.4 million!

What's happend to the other £22.1 million? Surely selling the stadium for £60m means a pre tax profit of £24.6 million!

The stadium had a value in the accounts - so the profit was £60m less that value. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

with the Charlton appeal we still might find ourselves a league one club next season. 

What are we above the relegation zone, it 8 points. 

So if Charlton win an appeal saying our deduction should be applied this season. As that is all that they will be asking for. Then we will win our appeal and it will be reduced to what ever number keeps us up. 

They had every chance to send us down, they didnt. Wont do it now on appeal.

Seasons complete, done with. Wigan will lose theres aswell. League stands as it is. 

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

What's happend to the other £22.1 million? Surely selling the stadium for £60m means a pre tax profit of £24.6 million!

87BA4B4B-4C5E-4818-A45A-AAA056F093B5.jpeg

• Haha 2

We had 607 pages of garbage contributed by people  who knew nothing what so ever they were talking about, but what makes it worse is the fact that we already have 28 pages on here very much in the same mould.

FFS give it a rest.

Just now, rickygoo said:

The stadium had a value in the accounts - so the profit was £60m less that value. 

Costed as around £38M profit I think.

I’d rather have the 12 points this season, get relegated, and bounce straight back. We’ve got a better chance of building a side for promotion in League 1 than building one to avoid relegation in the Championship. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

£60m was the price paid for the stadium, not the profit. The club had the stadium in the books as an asset, so when it sold it to Chansiri that asset was disposed, netting off against the sale.

8 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Exactly, it's been far too long, the suffering and waiting for the club to wise up and to start doing things more sensibly off the pitch. It's a nightmarish cycle that we can't seem to get out of but it's about time someone took responsibility, manned up and showed some leadership. As fans we deserve so much more, than barely more than a mere handful of exciting seasons in a lifetime. 

What absoloutely staggers me are the amount of fans that think this is acceptable and are numb to it. Almost as thought the constant poo we've had is the norm and what we deserve. 

Meanwhile there's other clubs out there with the right people in charge absoloutely cruising. Levelling up on and off the pitch. Mugging us off. We just accept the poo year on year because we are used to it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

What are we above the relegation zone, it 8 points. 

So if Charlton win an appeal saying our deduction should be applied this season. As that is all that they will be asking for. Then we will win our appeal and it will be reduced to what ever number keeps us up. 

They had every chance to send us down, they didnt. Wont do it now on appeal.

Seasons complete, done with. Wigan will lose theres aswell. League stands as it is. 

They can't appeal a case they aren't involved in can they?

They can maybe raise a separate case - I hope they win and the judgement is decided as 6 points off this season and 6 points off next! 

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Out of interest.....

Does anyone still believe the panel reached their verdict today......?

#loadofbollox

I certainly don’t think a decision was made today. 

Garry Monk’s post match interview at Fulham saying “we need the points for numerous reasons” is echoing in my head.

Like the club knew it needed a win and some results to go our way so the deduction was applied to 19/20 season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I’d rather have the 12 points this season, get relegated, and bounce straight back. We’ve got a better chance of building a side for promotion in League 1 than building one to avoid relegation in the Championship. 

That’s just idiotic. Sorry. 

Bounce back? What on earth leads you to believe we’d do that?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, vulva said:

That's your opinion.

1 hour ago, Shifty Powers said:

What an absolute s**t sandwich.

We deserve everything that we get - we can’t even cheat right ffs.

This buck stops at one mans door and it isn’t the manager. 

An absolute disgrace. Shame on you DC.

This. 

Utter incompetence from the man at the top. Paying crazy wages and worst of all, refusing to sell any player to mitigate ffp. Do one DC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mighty0wls said:

Plenty of hungry lower league players out there who will do anything to prove themselves at a higher level.

Question is have we got an eye for this sort of talent? We'll see...

And given the finances of lower league clubs, they may have no choice.