Braga - Hit the Jackpot

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I am guessing you mean seeing it through and getting us promoted from league one.

lol

I was actually referring to the 50 laps up and down the kop steps that still haven't been done

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

That'll be why you vent your spleen on 'matchday at the mere mention of his name then!!!

You must be very near the top of the professional Carlos hater's club.

😂😂

Just don't want to see people like you cream on about a bloke that merely  " nearly " got us promoted.
Yet left us with a disaster of a legacy

there'll be another carlos thread soon...  You better go get your kleenex ready lol

5 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Just don't want to see people like you cream on about a bloke that merely  " nearly " got us promoted.
Yet left us with a disaster of a legacy

there'll be another carlos thread soon...  You better go get your kleenex ready lol

Don't "Cream on" about him.

Just don't like the constant one dimensional  'character assassinations" on someone who, yeah wasn't perfect, but who also took us closer to success than anyone else has come anywhere near to achieving. (and in the first year without spending the 'legendary fortunes he was supposed to have spent). 

I and other people seem to be able to accept the fact that, like most people he wasn't perfect, but was exceptional for some of his tenure, whilst falling down towards the end. 

Once again the mantra with some people seems to be 'Better to not try at all' than to 'attempt & die trying'.

I would suggest the vast majority of our recent manager's come into the first category & yet it's the one who gave it a go who gets the most flak.

Not perfect, but not the devil incarnate either.  Like most people, somewhere in between.

Shame you can't see it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Don't "Cream on" about him.

Just don't like the constant one dimensional  'character assassinations" on someone who, yeah wasn't perfect, but who also took us closer to success than anyone else has come anywhere near to achieving. (and in the first year without spending the 'legendary fortunes he was supposed to have spent). 

I and other people seem to be able to accept the fact that, like most people he wasn't perfect, but was exceptional for some of his tenure, whilst falling down towards the end. 

Once again the mantra with some people seems to be 'Better to not try at all' than to 'attempt & die trying'.

I would suggest the vast majority of our recent manager's come into the first category & yet it's the one who gave it a go who gets the most flak.

Not perfect, but not the devil incarnate either.  Like most people, somewhere in between.

Shame you can't see it.

Oh dear, can you fit anymore cliches into a comment ? lol

Love the way you say " I and Others "  as if all the fans liked him and followed your views., something to reinforce your hopeful view.

We came fourth, ( using the final post playoff figures ) in the Championship. And cost doesn't necessarily mean in financial terms. The real cost to us was a damaged squad that could hardly function the following years.

And the word " exceptional " lol      We came fourth. 

Sadly, you maybe grew up in a world where a simple cross field pass to foot was described as stupendous or out of this world. Where i grew up in a world where it was... a pass to feet

It's not a character assassination  

We came fourth, we weren't world beaters.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Oh dear, can you fit anymore cliches into a comment ? lol

Love the way you say " I and Others "  as if all the fans liked him and followed your views., something to reinforce your hopeful view.

We came fourth, ( using the final post playoff figures ) in the Championship. And cost doesn't necessarily mean in financial terms. The real cost to us was a damaged squad that could hardly function the following years.

And the word " exceptional " lol      We came fourth. 

Sadly, you maybe grew up in a world where a simple cross field pass to foot was described as stupendous or out of this world. Where i grew up in a world where it was... a pass to feet

It's not a character assassination  

We came fourth, we weren't world beaters.

I think you would do well to read through the relevant posts & threads & check for yourself the balance of opinion re CC.

Certainly isn't just me, or is that just in your mind?

You seem very keen to class 'standard' English as 'cliches'.   "Character assassination"    The malicious and unjustified harming of a person's good reputation.

Don't have the faintest idea of what you're rambling on about here. "World that I grew up in". "World that you grew up in"  ?????????????????

Tell you what mate.  You do your hatchet jobs. I'll keep it reasonable. Let other poster's make their choice.

On 29/07/2020 at 12:28, Tea Baggins said:

One of the most unique and beautiful stadiums in the world if you ask me.

I love everything about it.

image.png.125af42d0c7f9db4d24305ee5a627bee.png

Dortmund wall has nothing on their actual wall .  

150312140939-borussia-dortmund-fans-exlarge-169.jpg.d7fd0e5025241af1326dcd35483d3624.jpg

Edited by cross owl

4 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I think you would do well to read through the relevant posts & threads & check for yourself the balance of opinion re CC.

Certainly isn't just me, or is that just in your mind?

You seem very keen to class 'standard' English as 'cliches'.   "Character assassination"    The malicious and unjustified harming of a person's good reputation.

Don't have the faintest idea of what you're rambling on about here. "World that I grew up in". "World that you grew up in"  ?????????????????

Tell you what mate.  You do your hatchet jobs. I'll keep it reasonable. Let other poster's make their choice.

the words in " unjustified " .... if it wasn't justified, he wouldn't have been bloody sacked, now would he ? He was crap.

p.s

we came 4th in the Championship - an absolute nothing placing in the grand scheme of things. That's the best we achieved for all those millions and all those injuries.
You keep clapping carlos.

On 29/07/2020 at 12:00, StudentOwl said:

Maybe he's truly clocked that he's a one or two season wonder and that's it...

His agent must be doing very well for themselves.

If you want a couple of good seasons then hiring a manager who's good for a couple of good seasons might not be a bad idea....

15 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

the words in " unjustified " .... if it wasn't justified, he wouldn't have been bloody sacked, now would he ? He was crap.

p.s

we came 4th in the Championship - an absolute nothing placing in the grand scheme of things. That's the best we achieved for all those millions and all those injuries.
You keep clapping carlos.

Ha Ha !!

We got there in the end.

All good debates end up with the default cliche above all other default cliches.

"Keep Clapping".

Briiliant.   🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 29/07/2020 at 12:38, Steelman said:

Oh look, another thread about the fraud/clown.

WTF is this obsession with him.

It's pathetic.

What other Manager has got us to a Wembley playoff, Perhaps you prefer the dross football under Jos, and Monk. or Danny Wilson. or Sturridge, or Davy Jones, the list is endless

• Like 1
  • Haha 1