Quite possibly the worst rule ever

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

I think they are looking upon it as it making the game more exciting. 

What's exciting about watching two people head a ball from a goal kick on the half way line. 

But now the press starts with two players waiting outside the box to close down all the teams they know do this. And then you get to watch as the defenders play triangle passes with the goalkeeper to try and get out of it. And when they do they with get a well done from the crowd ( or a cheer from the tannoy now.) And when they dont it leads to a chance on goal. 

I dont mind the rule.

Then football is dead ! 🤣🤣

fair enough .. too many daft changes for me. 

football was great ... now it’s crap. There’s got to be a reason.  I’m talking about top tier football too of course. 

3 minutes ago, madowl47 said:

Then football is dead ! 🤣🤣

fair enough .. too many daft changes for me. 

football was great ... now it’s crap. There’s got to be a reason.  I’m talking about top tier football too of course. 

All the rules changes in football are to make things fairer, the game quicker or more exciting for the viewer.

Edited by pazowl55

17 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace.

one of the reason it was brought in, was teams were starting to cheat with the old rule.

they could waste time by deliberately passing it to someone In the box, ref would have to make them retake it. 

in other words waste time 

So they have reacted to maybe on the odd occasion a team wasting time at the end of a match by ruining the rest of the game with this crazy rule .... Joke of a rule .. made by the new connoisseurs of perfect football. 

• Like 1

Just now, punkskaphil said:

I hadn’t really noticed anyone kicking up a fuss about this rule change before.

The one I think is the worst is the one regarding handball in the run-up to a goal.

i'm not totally clued up on this one .....but i believe its if you handle the ball and you score then its ruled out which is what its been since the game began ....which you 'd think is a the correct decision .

1 hour ago, madowl47 said:

Missing the point here 

the rule of booting it out of the area meant teams had to fight to win it.  Not pass along the goal line for ten minutes. 

completely ruining the game ... possession possession possession.  .. what’s happening ?? 

stupid idea !!    Sorry.  Plays into the hands of teams with the most money who can pass from one end to the other. 

I’m not wrong 🤷‍♂️

How did you get to minus 57,  perhaps you posted a thread that nobody agreed with ?

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm not totally clued up on this one .....but i believe its if you handle the ball and you score then its ruled out which is what its been since the game began ....which you 'd think is a the correct decision .

It used to be that the goal should be disallowed if it was deemed to be on purpose, the new rule is that it has to be disallowed even it is completely accidental and has no effect on the passage of play.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace.

one of the reason it was brought in, was teams were starting to cheat with the old rule.

they could waste time by deliberately passing it to someone In the box, ref would have to make them retake it. 

in other words waste time 

Don't remember ever seeing that

Not a rule as such but a moan while others are at it, got to clamp down on shirt pulling in the box. There is a rule that it's a foul but that seems to go out of the window at every set piece when the ball is delivered in to the box. Start giving penalties... shed loads of them... We'll see some entertainment until the managers instil it in to their team to stop doing it... Sorry, moan over but I'm an old fashioned centre half and I hate to see it. 

• Like 2

Just now, punkskaphil said:

It used to be that the goal should be disallowed if it was deemed to be on purpose, the new rule is that it has to be disallowed even it is completely accidental and has no effect on the passage of play.

i tend to agree with the  new rule ... i once saw andy ritchie score a goal for leeds against us that wouldnt have gone in if it hadnt accidentally hit his hand ....i felt we'd been robbed .....i fail to see that because he didnt mean to handle it then it should have stood 

8 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Not a rule as such but a moan while others are at it, got to clamp down on shirt pulling in the box. There is a rule that it's a foul but that seems to go out of the window at every set piece when the ball is delivered in to the box. Start giving penalties... shed loads of them... We'll see some entertainment until the managers instil it in to their team to stop doing it... Sorry, moan over but I'm an old fashioned centre half and I hate to see it. 

well annoying, it was really well refereed in the last world cup and i thought it was a sign of things to come. I realised that it is not actually fifa holding us back it is our own national footballing bodies such as the fa and the pl. I always thought the changes to football where fifas to blame