Quite possibly the worst rule ever

Goal kicks ... doesn’t have to go out of the area. 

what are they thinking ?? 

As if football couldn’t get any more boring watching Man City 

this rule is one made by complete buffoons who don’t really understand it’s a spectator sport. 

Been watching Footie since well before the badge was changed for the worse.  This rule is a complete joke and ruins the game. 

(in my opinion ... which is correct🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Missing the point here 

the rule of booting it out of the area meant teams had to fight to win it.  Not pass along the goal line for ten minutes. 

completely ruining the game ... possession possession possession.  .. what’s happening ?? 

stupid idea !!    Sorry.  Plays into the hands of teams with the most money who can pass from one end to the other. 

I’m not wrong 🤷‍♂️

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, madowl47 said:

Missing the point here 

the rule of booting it out of the area meant teams had to fight to win it.  Not pass along the goal line for ten minutes. 

completely ruining the game ... possession possession possession.  .. what’s happening ?? 

stupid idea !!    Sorry.  Plays into the hands of teams with the most money who can pass from one end to the other. 

I’m not wrong 🤷‍♂️

They're probably scared that clubs might sue them if they don't allow it

Owlstalk Shop

I wonder why the rule was changed in the first place? Must admit it’s a hard watch when teams try to play this way but can’t do it ie. when Jos had Tom Lees receiving the ball, shudder. I’m all for variety, hopefully not all teams will go down the man city route but worry that’s already happening. 

• Like 1

i'd like to know why they thought passing the ball backwards from the kick off would make for a more exciting game   ........while we are on rules ,when was the 6 second rule that the keeper could keep posession done away with ?.......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'd like to know why they thought passing the ball backwards from the kick off would make for a more exciting game   ........while we are on rules ,when was the 6 second rule that the keeper could keep posession done away with ?.......

It has to go backwards, otherwise you'd only be booting it to the other team. 

• Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
13 minutes ago, madowl47 said:

Missing the point here 

I’m not wrong 🤷‍♂️

What you moaning at, We do that every game!

Just now, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

It has to go backwards, otherwise you'd only be booting it to the other team. 

ive watched football for a lot of years and cant recall any team from the kick off booting to the other team ......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, madowl47 said:

Just creates a very non competitive sport to me from a dead ball. Kicking it out of the area gave the opposition chance to “contest” the pass. 

with this law that’s gone.  Ridiculous. 

I think they are looking upon it as it making the game more exciting. 

What's exciting about watching two people head a ball from a goal kick on the half way line. 

But now the press starts with two players waiting outside the box to close down all the teams they know do this. And then you get to watch as the defenders play triangle passes with the goalkeeper to try and get out of it. And when they do they with get a well done from the crowd ( or a cheer from the tannoy now.) And when they dont it leads to a chance on goal. 

I dont mind the rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

What you moaning at, We do that every game!

I’m moaning about football making it easier for top clubs. There’s already a gap that will never be closed again. Why give em more advantage with a rule designed for top footballers. 

ask yer sen ..why do we boot it ?? 

Just now, madowl47 said:

I’m moaning about football making it easier for top clubs. There’s already a gap that will never be closed again. Why give em more advantage with a rule designed for top footballers. 

ask yer sen ..why do we boot it ?? 

You don’t have to be a top footballer to pass the ball within the penalty area.