Sean Dyche on identifying and managing players

Great guy Sean Dyche. Really good to listen too.

Unfortunately in our culture he’ll get labelled a dinosaur because he’s English. Similar to Allardyce has been. But you only have to listen to the segment to no he’s a real top class manager and who really knows how to motivate his players. Probably won’t ever get a top job due to being English and putting played behind the ball and exploiting set pieces. 

But someone like Nuno at Wolves probably will even though he plays on the counter attack every week but because he does it with some expensive Portuguese lads in a 343 and not cheap Championship players in a 442 he’ll probably not get the recognition. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

Great guy Sean Dyche. Really good to listen too.

Unfortunately in our culture he’ll get labelled a dinosaur because he’s English. Similar to Allardyce has been. But you only have to listen to the segment to no he’s a real top class manager and who really knows how to motivate his players. Probably won’t ever get a top job due to being English and putting played behind the ball and exploiting set pieces. 

But someone like Nuno at Wolves probably will even though he plays on the counter attack every week but because he does it with some expensive Portuguese lads in a 343 and not cheap Championship players in a 442 he’ll probably not get the recognition. 

Same as Wilder. If he had an ounce of exoticness he would be at a top club by now

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Same as Wilder. If he had an ounce of exoticness he would be at a top club by now

Very true. Proven he’s a better manager than Frank Lampard, but Frank Lampard is big name and a bit of a celebrity. Did no more at Derby than Gary Rowett, but one manages Chelsea and the other manages Millwall. 

• Like 2

I’ve done work with Damian Hughes, really nice chap. He once spent a week living with Sir Richard and his family, ‘life coaching’ him. Told a couple of great stories. Sir Richard believes he has never got anything wrong in his life. Damian said ‘Virgin Cola’. His response was he has on occasion, got some things less right. PMA for yer.

The ultimate dyche player is jack cork.

have always liked the player ever since he was a kid at Chelsea. Fit as a fiddle, does exactly what you want in that position. Digs in, plays the game simply, very disciplined. Really good footballer. I still scratch my head that we put dier , a poor player, in the england side ahead of cork. Cork is a Hutchinson without the bad knees and yellow cards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

I’ve done work with Damian Hughes, really nice chap. He once spent a week living with Sir Richard and his family, ‘life coaching’ him. Told a couple of great stories. Sir Richard believes he has never got anything wrong in his life. Damian said ‘Virgin Cola’. His response was he has on occasion, got some things less right. PMA for yer.

Old ******** has certainly made many mistakes. Not admitting to having made any being one. Basing his companies offshore to avoid paying UK taxes and then asking the UK government for a bailout being another. And suing the NHS. I'll stop there 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Was surprised Everton didn't move for him last year.

Good manager and nice fella.

See him in our Indian regularly.

Always says hello and has time for people.

If only...

• Like 1

I’ve had a high regard for Dyche since he was at Chesterfield. Once upon a time I did a bit of local media reporting, and my first gig was at Chesterfield when he was skipper there. As this nervous 20-year-old stood outside the dressing room area trying to pluck up courage to ask a player for an interview he spotted me, walked over and said “come here, I’ll talk to you”. He gave a really good interview, made it easy for me, wished me luck and off he went.

For me, he’s better than Wilder. He’s done it year in year out, at a modest sized club with an antiquated stadium and very limited investment, often overcoming serious injuries to key players. Wilder’s done none of that.

I still have a vague hope that one day he’ll fancy the challenge of resurrecting a sleeping giant and becoming a hero in a major city, and that when he’s had enough at Burnley and can’t get a gig at Everton/West Ham/Newcastle we can persuade him to come here.

Maybe one day....

• Like 4
  • Love 1