Atdhe Interview.

40 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

I can't see wages being a reason for his departure one bit. What was he on compared to the likes of FF and Fletch?

We are totally missing a trick letting him leave for nothing. Maybe speaks to Monk's management that he couldn't persuade him to stay. Either that or the rumours about his wife living in Holland/Belgium and wanting him to move closer are true- I wish we'd find out the true answer, but it just seems odd to me as he's always been happy to stay in the past.

If it's our decision to let him leave it's utter stupidity from Monk, if it's Adthe's then good luck big man. Someone who clearly truly cared and gave everything to the club, despite his limited attributes. We basically used him off the bench or starting in almost every game this year, so unless we sign some good forwards are going to really miss the option he provides. Always did a good job for the team and he was our top scorer this year too despite people thinking he can't finish- having Rhodes off the bench next year instead will make us a lot weaker.

Hope he moves to a good club elsewhere in europe and is valued there too. Great story him making it from the war torn situation he grew up in- I'll still keep an eye out for Kosovo matches too.

He wouldn’t be on a big wage compared to those two. But I think our wage structure previously will have had Nuhiu on a solid wage that reflected a bit part role. In that sense he was something other clubs wouldn’t afford ie an expensive sub who could be starting games elsewhere for teams with lesser ambitions (he was capable of  double figures for us when he started often).

Now I think our average top end wage will be around 15k a week and players on 20-30k a week will not be happening. At least not regularly. So if Nuhiu was on that or more then he’d need to be on a par with the starting 11 when we know that we will likely bring others in to do that. Playing devils advocate if we signed a striker on 10k a week who started each week and they knew Nuhiu was earning more sat on the bench their agent would be all over it. Like FF and Fletcher. So I think we are putting a new system in place where you have to do more to earn that money.

Its also probable that Nuhiu wants to be the main striker somewhere else and he could go and do that. The band he enjoyed being part of for so long has more or less gone now other than a handful.

We will need that option in the squad again though so it depends who we can get for cheaper. Smith at Rotherham looked ok in the championship but they’ve come up now. Perhaps Fraser Hornby on loan but he’s still young.

Edited by Bluesteel

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Why has he been an easy target?

Well he is hardly inconspicuous?

Not saying Nuhiu is an amazing player however, his time at the club, players that have been and gone who were worse and yet attracted less negativity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

Well he is hardly inconspicuous?

Not saying Nuhiu is an amazing player however, his time at the club, players that have been and gone who were worse and yet attracted less negativity.

so you think he's an easy target because he's tall, not because of his footballing ability?

Nuhiu has always divided the fan base. I have never really rated him but have had time to reflect.

Given the current climate and situation do we honestly think we are going to bring in better quality on a smaller wage that he was on? 

we currently have Rhodes as the only striker and if we are in a dogfight next season I know who I’d rather have up front leading the line out of the 2 of them. You are guaranteed 100% every week and he would put his body on the line for this club. Give him another year.

• Like 1

Atty’s contribution to our club in the time he has been here whether that be his character in the dressing room or his late goals on the pitch  outweighs some of the so called superior players who have fleeced us financially , had a season ticket for the golf course or more recently appeared quite happy to sit at home and pick up their money.

A proper professional and gentleman.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

so you think he's an easy target because he's tall, not because of his footballing ability?

When a team is underperforming, many fans have a scapegoat and Nuhiu more often than not, was mentioned. Again, not saying he is the best footballer but he was selected as reason for why we were poor.

On 28/07/2020 at 11:35, parajack said:

Totally agree,one minute he looks World class,the next.....? Like i said though,that one season when he blew 'hot' kept us UP........Just for that i elevate him....MASSIVE as we see now for the Club...Imagine being relegated under Jos,& facing what we are now under FFP seasons later....could have been ENDEX

Come on chaps. I’m not doubting he’s a great guy. You cannot fault his attitude, desire and character. These are all attributes you cannot buy and he certainly gets my respect for that.

But let’s not pretend he was a great player. He wasn’t - he was an average squad player for us on the whole.

I’m pleased he’s moving on as he’s never going to be the answer for us. But I’d like to wish him all the best in the future and thank him for his service to our club.

• Like 1

Clearly not a prolific goalscorer but better than most options we have had.

Fletcher more effective but injury prone.

Hooper more prolific but injury prone.

FF more of a threat but promble prone.

Joao ineffective and mentality prone.

Rhodes ineffective and mostly couldn't hit a barn door in a Wednesday shirt.

For what he brought to the team, the game from coming off the bench there was nobody any more effective in the striker role.

Joao occasionally looked gifted but only FF could ignite a game from the bench as did Adthe.

We don't have any better as back up.

The fact that we had a squad full of bottlers with no heart meant he also was one of the better ones in this respect.

Yes we need better as a first choice strikeforce but at the moment we neither have nor possibly can afford.

33 aska Mrs Nuhiu

• Like 3

6 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

despite his limited attributes.

Yes Sir you have it in one.

6 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

(he was capable of  double figures for us when he started often).

8 Goals on average a Season says not.

4 hours ago, 33 said:

Ian

Multiple log-ins aren't allowed 

So more than one person disagrees with you, it's a conspiracy.

3 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

not saying he is the best footballer 

Lets just leave it there.

2 hours ago, 33 said:

Clearly not a prolific goalscorer 

You don't say!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, flo said:

Vote for your favourite Nuhiu goal

Winner in snow Vs Leeds

Man City

Preston

Last minute Vs Watford

Oh, just leave it out, the blokes gone, good riddance.

Good stuff that. Some may argue but he is a model pro, some younger players could learn so much from him. Can't fault him, never let us down and tried. If we had 11 players who cared as much as him we would not be where we are.

Good luck to him.

52 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Yes Sir you have it in one.

8 Goals on average a Season says not.

So more than one person disagrees with you, it's a conspiracy.

Lets just leave it there.

You don't say!

an average wouldn’t because it’s an average across all 7 seasons including many where he didn’t start. 

Started a fair few under Luhukay 14 goals that season. Gray 14/15 11 goals that season Dave Jones 8 goals 13/14. Average 11 goals a season when playing more regularly.

Not one of the best we’ve had in recent years but certainly capable of playing for a team at the lower end of the league.

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

an average wouldn’t because it’s an average across all 7 seasons including many where he didn’t start. 

Started a fair few under Luhukay 14 goals that season. Gray 14/15 11 goals that season Dave Jones 8 goals 13/14. Average 11 goals a season when playing more regularly.

Not one of the best we’ve had in recent years but certainly capable of playing for a team at the lower end of the league.

Don't want to come across as abrasive, but your talking shiite, the reason the blokes not starting more is because he's

shitttt.

• Like 2