Atdhe Interview.

43 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I was thinking of Owlstalk primarily

Take a day off mate - seriously

All you ever do is nip on, slate people on here, and log off again

Today it stops.

Please don't do it again on here because I'll just delete them now

Try posting some positive stuff yourself (about the football/players/tactic/signings etc)  once in a while to change it/make it a more positive place instead of the constant, relentless, total absolute hate for Wednesday fans

• Like 7

Owlstalk Shop

Great interview and why I like him.

He's got a good perspective on what's important, he enjoys the game and loves the club.

I'm sad to see him go. 

It's not like he's been dragging down a team of otherwise world beaters is it.

• Like 2

Just shows how shockingly badly our squad has been mismanaged for 5 years.

Average squad player made to look more capable than he is by his overpaid colleagues.

Nothing against him though. Generally played to the max of his ability. Thanks and good luck.

• Like 1

Great interview.

I always rated Atde.

He was great at a certain job and a card all our managers played and were thankful of.

He was also very popular with his fellow players.

He will be missed. I believe he should be given extension.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

A great interview, explained more of his background and explored a lot more than just his time on the pitch for us. Characters like this are few and far between. With him gone, and in the recent past Semedo and Loovens it’s hard to see anyone left in the current squad that will have that steadying effect on the dressing room. 

With all the talk of young hungry players I hope the management don’t neglect the recruitment of a strong experienced leader type. It’s needed both on the pitch and in the dressing room. Hopefully one will either emerge with some dissenting voices now gone but it would be to our advantage to find another Loovens type of leader to add to the squad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Was that an article or a love letter?

The interview itself is great, but some of the surrounding text turns it into somewhat of a puff piece, which is a shame as Nuhiu's words are powerful enough to speak for themselves.

This bit in particular made me chuckle:

50 goals, countless assists, and so many happy memories later, he is gone.

Er...it's 27 assists, mate. 27.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Superb interview and puts a lot of things into perspective. Wish him the best of luck for his future, and thank him for his service. 

Facts straight from the players does wonders to clarify a lot of situations; as opposed to all the gossip and conspiracies we get from everything cropping up unfiltered initially on OT :duntmatter:

But I agree, it was a great interview and while he's come - often undeservedly - under a lot of heavy criticism, he's always struck me as a top bloke and team player and one giving it his all when he was given the chance. It's a team game so it didn't always seem impactful, but for the most part he's worked for that shirt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

Plus the fact he is never injured is also a huge asset. 

Never injured, just permanently "out of form"

Nice guy, yes......good footballer, no.

I'm a nice guy but you wouldn't want me upfront cos I'm shìte.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Take a day off mate - seriously

All you ever do is nip on, slate people on here, and log off again

Today it stops.

Please don't do it again on here because I'll just delete them now

Try posting some positive stuff yourself (about the football/players/tactic/signings etc)  once in a while to change it/make it a more positive place instead of the constant, relentless, total absolute hate for Wednesday fans

Bit harsh if I may say.

Maybe should be targeted at the spiteful, (even hateful) comments targeted at someone who has served us well both on & off the field.

"Thank God he's gone" quote.    Hardly gracious.    What are some of the others, "Donkey", "Carthorse" from memory & worse.

i think 'calling out' some of our fans for their sheer spiteful negativity, not only in this case, but for all the previous. (Fox for example, Pelupessey, not to mention the character assassination of Chansiri) is certainly justified by the poster.

From what I recall, the poster has been more than positive in his defense of player's & staff at S6 in the face of a constant bombardment of unbridled negativity & abuse aimed at players & owner mainly from a relative vocal minority.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Blatter said:

A great interview, explained more of his background and explored a lot more than just his time on the pitch for us. Characters like this are few and far between. With him gone, and in the recent past Semedo and Loovens it’s hard to see anyone left in the current squad that will have that steadying effect on the dressing room. 

With all the talk of young hungry players I hope the management don’t neglect the recruitment of a strong experienced leader type. It’s needed both on the pitch and in the dressing room. Hopefully one will either emerge with some dissenting voices now gone but it would be to our advantage to find another Loovens type of leader to add to the squad.

We've (family) talked about this at length.

How some player's are solely judged by what they ONLY do on the pitch. 

Whilst this is always going to be the main criteria (obviously), sometimes their contribution to the overall squad, atmosphere, personality around the club is overlooked. 

The two examples you quote, Loovens & Semedo are perfect examples. People were saying Semedo wasn't good enough but completely overlooked his effect & contribution around the club. 

I'm not saying you keep player's forever, but sometimes the 'leader's' & personalities can be ushered out the door a little too quickly.

I don't think Man City have ever fully recovered from Kompany leaving for instance. His contribution to the club both on & off the field was massive. 

• Like 5