The championship next season

56 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Solanke and Ibe are not going to tear this division a new one. Solanke might be ok, Ibe won't be.

Howe is so overrated it's crazy.

How is he over rated? Id love an over rated manager like that at our club.

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How is he over rated? Id love an over rated manager like that at our club.

Because he has had a lot of money to spend at Bournemouth and achieved very little, he had the sole aim of staying in the PL and got them relegated.

Bearing in mind people suggest this guy for the likes of the Arsenal and England job, he doesn't deserve that, therefore he is overrated.

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

With parachute payments relegated clubs receive they should all be challenging for top 6 if not top 2 positions. 

As well know some clubs still struggle.

Sunderland

Wigan

Middlesbrough

Stoke

Huddersfield and many more have found it tough.

Out of clubs coming down my money would be on Norwich to struggle, play some lovely football but might struggle for goals unless they invest heavily. 

Without Ake Bournemouth's defence is almost as bad as ours...

I'm joking of course but it's pretty horrendous. And they're attackers have been shocking without Fraser (and even with him given he has been looking elsewhere)

I'm not sure they have got the fight for the championship any of them let alone without their star players

I do have a soft spot for Howe but I'm not sure Bournemouth should be tol frightening to anyone

2 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Without Ake Bournemouth's defence is almost as bad as ours...

I'm joking of course but it's pretty horrendous. And they're attackers have been shocking without Fraser (and even with him given he has been looking elsewhere)

I'm not sure they have got the fight for the championship any of them let alone without their star players

I do have a soft spot for Howe but I'm not sure Bournemouth should be tol frightening to anyone

They are not gearing up for another campaign in the premier league though are they. They are preparing for the championship where the average team has a Horrendous defence and a shocking attack.

They will rally for Howe. Not sure about anyone else though.

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Because he has had a lot of money to spend at Bournemouth and achieved very little, he had the sole aim of staying in the PL and got them relegated.

Bearing in mind people suggest this guy for the likes of the Arsenal and England job, he doesn't deserve that, therefore he is overrated.

Been a manager 11 years, still only 42.

Manager of the decade

Longest active serving premier league manager when wenger was sacked.

Won 3 promotions (1 when the club had a transfer embargo for the whole season), most manager wont have 3 promotions on their CV when they are 70.

He will be England manager one day and i wont be surprised if he ends up at Tottenham when Mourinho has finished boring everyone to death.

Clearly overrated.

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Been a manager 11 years, still only 42.

Manager of the decade

Longest active serving premier league manager when wenger was sacked.

Won 3 promotions (1 when the club had a transfer embargo for the whole season), most manager wont have 3 promotions on their CV when they are 70.

He will be England manager one day and i wont be surprised if he ends up at Tottenham when Mourinho has finished boring everyone to death.

Clearly overrated.

You have not actually said anything very impressive

People like him because his face fits, that is all.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Right you are

Idiot

You're arguing a bloke that got a pretty decent team relegated is good enough for a top team mate. Read what you're writing. He messed up. They don't even play strong sides in the FA cup so they only have to concentrate on the PL. It's pathetic. He spent 20m on Sonlanke. 15m on Ibe. They're pathetic signings. Their clear flaw was their defence and he couldn't sort it out-thats bad management. His net spend is 133m and they have ended up in the championship, and with a straight face you're telling me he is a top manager. Give me strength

There were only 4 decent teams in the division this season, so if Fulham or Brentford win the play offs there'll still only be 4 decent teams in the league next season as well (unless one of the bang average sides that finished 5th-12th or one of the pisspoor sides below that have an exceptionally wise or lucky transfer window). 

You can never tell whether newly relegated teams are going to do a Newcastle or a Huddersfield, but on paper all 3 are comfortably better than the rest of the Championship. Depends on which players they keep and how they invest their failure payments. 

12 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You're arguing a bloke that got a pretty decent team relegated is good enough for a top team mate. Read what you're writing. He messed up. They don't even play strong sides in the FA cup so they only have to concentrate on the PL. It's pathetic. He spent 20m on Sonlanke. 15m on Ibe. They're pathetic signings. Their clear flaw was their defence and he couldn't sort it out-thats bad management. His net spend is 133m and they have ended up in the championship, and with a straight face you're telling me he is a top manager. Give me strength

Thats right. He is. 

Enough of this nonsense.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

is it that many? I thought it was one. Was it Burnley?

Newcastle did it twice. Fulham or Cardiff could still do it this season. 

I haven't checked, but even if only 5 went straight back up a fair few have got back within 2-3 years. Norwich and Villa did it last year in the final year of their parachute payments. 

14 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Newcastle did it twice. Fulham or Cardiff could still do it this season. 

I haven't checked, but even if only 5 went straight back up a fair few have got back within 2-3 years. Norwich and Villa did it last year in the final year of their parachute payments. 

I bet there is absolutely loads within the 3 year parachute period. First season though it’s pretty rare.

24 minutes ago, james o connor said:

All I know it regardless of other teams Wednesday will still be near the bottom

Yes, even without any  points deduction to contend with, I would be very surprised if we didn’t finish in the bottom half next season 

Bournemouh will lose a few but you can see them getting good loans in like Fulham, plus Harry Arter is their player

Norwich will keep a lot of their squad, probaly lose a few like Lewis, Aarons, Buendia, Cantwell but didn't spend much and can go again

Watford will lose a few but you can guarantee loans/freebies from their other clubs in Spain & Italy will make them good.

Rest of the division scratching around hoping they get lucky with recruitment and get into the playoffs.