Dele-Bashiru

7 hours ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

THIS! 

it's the exact attitude that has to change at our club, we have this sort of swagger about us when in reality we've done F all for 20 years.

We used to talk about can the players play in front of a Hillsborough crowd like its some sort of bragging rights, reality is the up and coming youth don't have the character that they used to have and most will just crumble. 

Is it a coincidence Moses Odubajo has just had his best games in a Wednesday shirt with there not being a crowd? 

We write players off after 3 games, when in reality it takes time and we as a fanbase ain't so quick to allow that. Look at Jamie Vardy he didn't pull up and trees at Leicester when he first signed, yesterday he won the golden boot, there's endless example of this happening sometimes it doesn't click straight away but our fanbase slags them off with 1 miss-placed pass.

Same problem now with Monk. While most will say we are a mid table team, we need a clear out, we need a coaching set up  and money has been wasted by our chairman. When it comes to responding to any if those issues the manager gets one loss and then he is useless and should be replaced by Dyche or Howe.

We need to recognise where we are and becoming a team that can challenge at the top of this league is going to take 2 seasons at least.

By the way I dont recognise this player Onumah who is playing for Fulham .  He can’t be the same player we had last year

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If we go by that logic then we would never sign a Premier player again. 

He or more likely his agent has looked who is in front of him in the pecking order and come to the conclusion that if he wants first team football then he has to look elsewhere to achieve that.

If he proves himself then another Premier club might sign him, which is a win, win situation for the player and the club. (And the leach of an agent).

It's of course a gamble, as it is with all young players, but it's what many on OT have been calling for.  I welcome it as well but it must go hand in hand with buying other youngsters and picking up some older more experienced guys Leeven types.

Probably is just that he wants to play and knows he is getting it there. But that is what happened with Hector at Chelsea and they still managed to get a fee. A different I know. but my point is if city thought he was good enough to demand a fee for or good enough to keep on for another season that's what would have happened.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Probably is just that he wants to play and knows he is getting it there. But that is what happened with Hector at Chelsea and they still managed to get a fee. A different I know. but my point is if city thought he was good enough to demand a fee for or good enough to keep on for another season that's what would have happened.

I know where you are coming from, they might be getting a fee later in his career.    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Of course it does and I would much rather this type of player aswell. Its virtually risk free.

All I am saying to all those who think we have just signed the next Phil Foden is Man C dont get rid of them type of players at all, letalone on a free.

They got rid of David Brooks

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Whatever people think about Monk, this speaks volumes

He's not made one permanent signing yet and people are calling for his head

I'd rather not bring Monk into every thread but can't let this go.

He knew what he had to work with when he applied for and took the job as manager of our club, he was and is employed to manage the players currently at SWFC and has made a right pigs ear of it for the last half a season, you surely cant be surprised that a manager comes in for criticism after guiding his team to 17 points from 23 games, conceding 2 goals per game on average?

How many signings did you give Jos Luhukay before you passed judgement on him?

Anyway, back to the actual topic of the thread....

not going to pretend I know anything about this lad but do feel it is a positive to get a signing in early all things considered. 

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He knew what he had to work with when he applied for and took the job as manager of our club, he was and is employed to manage the players currently at SWFC and has made a right pigs ear of it for the last half a season, you surely cant be surprised that a manager comes in for criticism after guiding his team to 17 points from 23 games, conceding 2 goals per game on average?

One was enough

Guest Grandad

Can feel the weight of expectation already

Hope this lad isnt going to be ruined by that. Hes not played any football in the leagues yet has he? (Might be wrong on this)

We actually  naught a lot of players for the 'development squad' but virtually none have got in to the first team.

Hope he's a good signing, good look to him if we do sign him but just have to see. If he's that good how have we got him.....? Not that I hope he ist a amazing signing.

Guest Grandad
Just now, ashley8 said:

We actually  naught a lot of players for the 'development squad' but virtually none have got in to the first team.

Hope he's a good signing, good look to him if we do sign him but just have to see. If he's that good how have we got him.....? Not that I hope he ist a amazing signing.

Dean Ramsdale, who used to run our Academy left to go to Man City. I know he was a big pal of Neil Thompson - and if they'd decided he wasn't going to make it there they'll have had a word with us to look at him

Think we signed 2 or 3 of their Academy prospects a few years ago. 

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I never passed judgement on Jos

I thought he had the right idea giving youth a chance

But he went about it the wrong way and alienated everyone

This club has stagnated for 25 years

Our first course of action is always to sack the manager

And that's always worked well for us

Why not try backing the manager in his quest to clear out dead wood, and support him in his bid to bring in young and hungry players

Let's give that a try for once

• Like 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Dean Ramsdale, who used to run our Academy left to go to Man City. I know he was a big pal of Neil Thompson - and if they'd decided he wasn't going to make it there they'll have had a word with us to look at him

We have, but more like 7 or 8

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

You are probably right. We don't compete with Man City so it won't hurt them to help a potential player find a new team and also help an old friend in business.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I never passed judgement on Jos

I thought he had the right idea giving youth a chance

But he went about it the wrong way and alienated everyone

This club has stagnated for 25 years

Our first course of action is always to sack the manager

And that's always worked well for us

Why not try backing the manager in his quest to clear out dead wood, and support him in his bid to bring in young and hungry players

Let's give that a try for once

Bit of a contradiction those highlighted bits.

I always support the team, the players and the staff on the pitch but think I am justified in the opinion I have put forward.

I would be happy to give a manager time if he was the right manager. Nothing in Monk's career suggests he is that man and little in the time he has been with us has convinced me otherwise. As with most of his jobs, he had a good initial start but it didn't last long. He has alienated players and gone backwards with the same squad plus players he chose to bring in during the January transfer window. Nothing he has tried has worked and he have lost more games within the first 45 minutes than I can remember under any manager in 30 years watching us. 

That's why I am reluctant to 'give it a try' in this instance. 

39 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Of course it does and I would much rather this type of player aswell. Its virtually risk free.

All I am saying to all those who think we have just signed the next Phil Foden is Man C dont get rid of them type of players at all, letalone on a free.

Jadon Sancho anyone?

9 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

I just... urghhhh 🤦‍♂️

Just not bothered...

3 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

You are probably right. We don't compete with Man City so it won't hurt them to help a potential player find a new team and also help an old friend in business.

We haven't competed with many team this year!