Dele-Bashiru

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Watford

Has he been playing everyweek or just a squad filler?

4 minutes ago, beef said:

I think the point is that he wants first team football and won't get that at city. This doesn't mean he's a bad player because they are allowing it to happen. He could be a good premiership level player for all we know but that doesn't mean he is good enough for city as their standards are so high. To say they aren't going to get rid of anyone good is a bit short sighted. We don't need the next Phil Foden we need a player who is going to be a good championship player. This is world apart level wise. 

Chances are he will be a good championship player. my point was any more than that and city would have seen that in him and may have been more reluctant to let him leave. I am sure most city youngsters want first team football. But the real good ones get it by going out on loan not on free transfers.

Looks a solid young prospect from a top academy.

Been crying out for some energy and power in midfield to supplement Bannans craft for ages. Hopefully he'll be supported and allowed to develop within the first team environment.

Beggars belief that some on here are looking for reasons to moan already. Gonna be a long summer for the tin hat brigade...

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Looks a solid young prospect from a top academy.

Been crying out for some energy and power in midfield to supplement Bannans craft for ages. Hopefully he'll be supported and allowed to develop within the first team environment.

Beggars belief that some on here are looking for reasons to moan already. Gonna be a long summer for the tin hat brigade...

Is starting your opinion on here about player we are looking to sign looking for reason to moan unless it is a positive opinion? 

What is wrong by writing what you think on here. It is a football forum and that is a part of what it serves for. 

1 minute ago, malek said:

Is starting your opinion on here about player we are looking to sign looking for reason to moan unless it is a positive opinion? 

What is wrong by writing what you think on here. It is a football forum and that is a part of what it serves for. 

A) No.

B) Nothing.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is anyone really worried that DC son announced the signing on his YT channel?

We don't even know if Monk wants to play Dele in the first team yet.

We are getting too sensitive if we are upset how the news is released. 

Some just want an excuse to bash the club. 

It’s the owners son FFS and he’s a kid. Some people need to get a grip. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, malek said:

It does, cheers 😇

No problem. I'm working from home so will expand for you...

I have issues with validity. Whose opinion do I trust the most?

The professionals at Man City's academy who have worked with him for several years, who have strong ties to our club, who have advised he is a good player, with the right attitude and characteristics?

The professional recruiting team at our club who are trying to restructure and rejuvenate our decrepid squad and add some much needed freshness, youth and value?

Or somebody on here who has never heard of him, never seen him play live, or even someone who watches a bit of academy football in between nipple spotting in Grattons catalogue (not aimed at you, unless applicable)?

How about we see it as a step in the right direction and support it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

No problem. I'm working from home so will expand for you...

I have issues with validity. Whose opinion do I trust the most?

The professionals at Man City's academy who have worked with him for several years, who have strong ties to our club, who have advised he is a good player, with the right attitude and characteristics?

The professional recruiting team at our club who are trying to restructure and rejuvenate our decrepid squad and add some much needed freshness, youth and value?

Or somebody on here who has never heard of him, never seen him play live, or even someone who watches a bit of academy football in between nipple spotting in Grattons catalogue (not aimed at you, unless applicable)?

How about we see it as a step in the right direction and support it?

If you are interested to watch him play than look out for Manchester City's PL 2 games on You Tube, they are easy to find. And that way you could farm an opinion by yourself. 

Manchester City are Master in art of drumming up interes in their players and them offering him 4 years deal just for him to turn it down and come here sounds nice, but is it really all as it is presented to us to be?! 

Our experience recruitment team did little good work so far and I certainly won’t believe in their judgment based on how well they did last few years. 

I try to watch players we get linked with play and judge with my own two eyes and won’t be afraid to post my honesty opinion. Should someone share it just because I wrote it? Certainly not. 

All in all I much preffer for Wednesday to get quality young player than me to be right in my opinion about him. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, malek said:

If you are interested to watch him play than look out for Manchester City's PL 2 games on You Tube, they are easy to find. And that way you could farm an opinion by yourself. 

Manchester City are Master in art of drumming up interes in their players and them offering him 4 years deal just for him to turn it down and come here sounds nice, but is it really all as it is presented to us to be?! 

Our experience recruitment team did little good work so far and I certainly won’t believe in their judgment based on how well they did last few years. 

I try to watch players we get linked with play and judge with my own two eyes and won’t be afraid to post my honesty opinion. Should someone share it just because I wrote it? Certainly not. 

All in all I much preffer for Wednesday to get quality young player than me to be right in my opinion about him. 

I for one value your opinion and insight, doesn’t have to always be positive and I definitely won’t hold it against you if you get it wrong. I’m sure far better judges of players get it wrong too, just look at some of the crazy transfers all around the world to see not every player develops and some that are released develop better than others thought. 

Please keep posting your thoughts as they’re usually based on watching players rather than stay sites, footy manager or fifa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is anyone really worried that DC son announced the signing on his YT channel?

We don't even know if Monk wants to play Dele in the first team yet.

We are getting too sensitive if we are upset how the news is released. 

Knowing the way our club is run, the son decided to sign him because his starsign is auspicious.

19 hours ago, ashley8 said:

We actually  naught a lot of players for the 'development squad' but virtually none have got in to the first team.

Hope he's a good signing, good look to him if we do sign him but just have to see. If he's that good how have we got him.....? Not that I hope he ist a amazing signing.

Thorniley? Clare?

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, malek said:

While Man City probably do push their players to help them get a new club it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest they’d pretend to offer a 4 year deal just to drum up interest.. can’t see them doing that, they’re a professionally run outfit. 

So we have to assume they thought he had enough in him to either in chances of breaking through there or in resale value to offer him a contract. Him turning it down and leaving on a free is the unusual bit.. we’ve probably had to pay compensation but it’s not much at that level is it under the new system.

Hopefully he’s decent but it’s the sort of signing we need to make to move forward.