World Snooker

BIG D

On 29/04/2021 at 11:03, TheEnchanter said:

Happy Trump is out. Hope Selby smashes it home. Top guy, love watching him play. 

He’s  the most joyless individual in sport today. 

Hope Bingham puts him out of his , literal, misery. 

4 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Apart from the 2 throwers in the snooker T-shirts.

And that nobber appearing on the front row again just so he can get on TV.

It was a great final. I'm biased as I'm a fan of Selby. I can see why people don't like watching him but there's no doubting he's such a good match player. Just finds the best way to win.

Gutted for Murphy.  Really wanted him to win. He's a great character and I hope he's back for good now.

As for Selby. 5 snookers required and just colours left on the table ... and he carries on playing.   He's anti-snooker.  

He's Snooker's Tony Pulis.

• Haha 2

It's pathetic by the lot of them. If they can't beat an amateur that says more about them than anything.

I'm all for amateurs having a shot in tournaments. If a professional, who has the time to practice and play more tournaments than an amateur can't beat an amateur, then I've no idea how they can complain about that.

21 hours ago, Burnsie said:

They've all supported him (fellow pros)

I kind of see his point, when you hear the whole interview. He’s rich that the amateur has zero pressure on him playing a top pro. Still sounds like sour grapes but if the other pros agree….

Not sure Ronnie does tho - saw an interview with him where he laughed it off

It’s embarrassing from Murphy.

A lot of the amateurs have been professional in the past and, dropped down the rankings. Potentially due to facing amateurs when they were ranked professionals.

The ranking points argument is a load of rubbish as well, was he the only professional to lose to an amateur? Have they singled him out specifically to play amateurs? Go deep into a tournament, it’s good for ranking points, go out early, it’s not. Simple equation regardless of who you’re playing.

Murphy knew the score when he entered the tournament, if he didn’t like it he didn’t have to play. He also cited an injury in another article I’ve read. Again, if he’s injured to the point it’s affecting his performance, he shouldn’t have been playing.

Murphy has always been a bellend. He’s well and truly shown his true colours now though.

• Like 1