World Snooker

BIG D

11 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Selby’s interview. Sour grapes or accurate ? 

To be honest. Any sympathy I might have with Selby disappears when I think back to first session and he needed 4 snookers early on with just colours on table and continued playing just to slow Ronnie down and perform some sh1thousery of his own. 

100% sour grapes. He made a genuine attempt to get out of the snooker each time, there’s no rule that says you have to know where the object ball will land when escaping from a snooker. Selby will have been happy as Larry with the 2 frames he took but, when Ronnie flukes one (which he’s technically playing for), it’s disrespectful. 

As someone else has mentioned, what’s the difference between playing on needing 4 snookers and, escaping the snooker in such a way? Selby is robotic, an absolute machine at times and, undoubtedly back to his best. The shot Ronnie played prior to Selby’s error was magnificent, Selby seemed to think it was a fluke mind.

21 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

100% sour grapes. He made a genuine attempt to get out of the snooker each time, there’s no rule that says you have to know where the object ball will land when escaping from a snooker. Selby will have been happy as Larry with the 2 frames he took but, when Ronnie flukes one (which he’s technically playing for), it’s disrespectful. 

As someone else has mentioned, what’s the difference between playing on needing 4 snookers and, escaping the snooker in such a way? Selby is robotic, an absolute machine at times and, undoubtedly back to his best. The shot Ronnie played prior to Selby’s error was magnificent, Selby seemed to think it was a fluke mind

Don't know what Selby said after the match, but was thinking (prior to coming on here) that I've never really warmed to him for some reason. 

would like Ronnie to win the final but wouldn't be too disappointed with Wilson winning

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Don't know what Selby said after the match, but was thinking (prior to coming on here) that I've never really warmed to him for some reason. 

would like Ronnie to win the final but wouldn't be too disappointed with Wilson winning

The Jester from Leicester my Ars*,If any sportsman has a more ridiculous nickname I've not heard it.

Go Ronnie!

17 hours ago, The Wall said:

Is it me or is the standard much worse these days?

Think a Williams/Higgins/Ronnie/Hendry from the turn of the century would walk this 

I was thinking that.  Wonder if half the top players decided not to travel this year.

And the Chinese ones wouldn't have traveled.

2 minutes ago, belfast owl lad said:

Wilson looks completely shot to pieces,Everything about him is just wrong.

Ronnie is the GOAT.

Wilson looks like he’s on the verge of tears, I can’t tell if it’s because he’s taking an absolute pasting or if his face just always looks like that

11 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Looking forward to the World Championship starting tomorrow.

Just reading that Ronnie has opened a temporary snooker shop in Meadowhall, and he's got his trophies on display.

I can't stand the place but might go down and have a look.

Mate of mine from school installed the snooker table in the shop - it's the very one Ronnie learnt to play on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Night King said:

Really enjoyed the quarter finals I’ve watched. Brilliant match between Bingham & McGill.  Trump Murphy could be a classic if Trump gets on a roll. 

Both been brilliant today, not a big fan of Murphy but glad he got through there, can't back Trump, he's just too arrogant.

I'd like to see Wilson go on and win it now.