Wednesday on Championship Manager 01/02/Football Manager

One of the benefits of lock down was that we all got a chance to log in some hours on Championship Manager/Football Manager.

Championship Manager 01-02 still being a favourite of mine, I've been playing an old save. I didn't manage Wednesday in this one, but I note the bizarre fact that they have not made a signing for 23 years! Currently in League 2/Third Division.

Anyone got any recent Wednesday experiences on the best game ever made?

wednesday6.png

Edited by Shooba

I lost hundreds of hours of my life to CM3  and various versions of FM up to FM2010 (the UI for all the demos since then have been horrible, alas).

I still miss my 2000-01 Wednesday dream team, who got promoted back to the Prem in the first season, thanks to managing to get season-long loans for Pablo Aimar and... erm, Franny Jeffers. WTF:

36 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

On the 01/02 game Wednesday were skint unless you went on the files and edited the balance.

I tried to raise funds by selling Danny Maddix to Man U for 50 mill. However he rejected the move because they didn't match his ambition. I was livid and fined him. 

Give DC a bell

1 hour ago, Johnny Concrete said:

On the 01/02 game Wednesday were skint unless you went on the files and edited the balance.

I tried to raise funds by selling Danny Maddix to Man U for 50 mill. However he rejected the move because they didn't match his ambition. I was livid and fined him. 

That's because his ambition was to be a mediocre Championship centre-back. A dream we saw him live out time and time again at Hillsborough.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Shooba said:

One of the benefits of lock down was that we all got a chance to log in some hours on Championship Manager/Football Manager.

Championship Manager 01-02 still being a favourite of mine, I've been playing an old save. I didn't manage Wednesday in this one, but I note the bizarre fact that they have not made a signing for 23 years! Currently in League 2/Third Division.

Anyone got any recent Wednesday experiences on the best game ever made?

wednesday6.png

I downloaded this game as it is a game posted about on twitter and have great memories. That was until I took over Sheff Wed, 2 weeks later entered admin and started to sell the players. Not had the nerve to go back on!

I wasted my life on championship manager 97/98.  Had success with a lot of teams but particularly Wednesday, champions league and premier league titles etc.   The key was basically sell every player you start with for as much as possible and sign a squad of “highly rated” young players, mostly foreign.  Then in 2-3 seasons they start to become the best in Europe and you win everything 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I used to sell Phillip Scott to Juventus for millions and then resign from Juventus.

99/00 was the best CM for me. Then FM2005. Way too complex now

Edited by Bluesteel

45 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

4th or 5th season on FM20

Just finished 7th first season in Prem

Also worth noting DC is looking to sell the club. 

Just another 7 years to get through then, great 😂

1 hour ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

4th or 5th season on FM20

Just finished 7th first season in Prem

Kaylen Hinds and Moise Kean leading the line. 

Full season at the back for Van Akin as a ball playing defender. 

Also worth noting DC is looking to sell the club. 

I’ve been playing a bit this summer. Chansiri keeps sticking his oar in and getting deals lined up for players I have no interest in.