Have to give a manager time..

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Im just pointing out the rules/criteria set by those who want Monk gone

If you’ve been sacked at your last clubs you can’t have the job here apparently

Those, including me who pray for Monk to go, do not belong to a group who has rules or criteria.

Different people will have very different opinions on who should replace Monk. But his abysmal record unfortunately shows that, despite occasional but quickly-dashed hope, he is not fit for the job and needs replacing. By whom is a whole new furious debate. 

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I would be very surprised if we saw many changes before the first ball is kicked next season. If the last few summers are anything to go by we won’t be allowed to recruit until the last few days of the window?

So you'll agree there will be changes then,regardless of when they are signed.

1 minute ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Those, including me who pray for Monk to go, do not belong to a group who has rules or criteria.

Different people will have very different opinions on who should replace Monk. But his abysmal record unfortunately shows that, despite occasional but quickly-dashed hope, he is not fit for the job and needs replacing. By whom is a whole new furious debate. 

Yeah but apparently if you’ve been sacked by a club it rules you out 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

So you'll agree there will be changes then,regardless of when they are signed.

There has to be but not enough to make a difference. We’re going down next season whatever division we’re in.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but apparently if you’ve been sacked by a club it rules you out 

Can not speak for others, but for me it certainly does not rule out a future Wednesday manager.

Even Big Ron had been sacked a couple of times before coming here 

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Rubbish,just because you think it/post it.

Have you seen our form this season? That’s rubbish. No way are we going to turn that around quickly enough. Have you seen our current strike force, one striker who Monk doesn’t rate and two keepers who might as well be stall holders on a coconut shy?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

50856ADF-C127-4E46-A6F5-ECDAD15D9D46.gif

I can’t have an opinion on that now? What evidence is there to suggest anything other than a relegation battle?

Post the form table for the last 23 games and not the last 4?

4 hours ago, Django said:

I was referring to the hobbit at Bristol City and the Cowley at Huddersfield, both of which have been dismissed after collecting more points than Monk since Christmas 

Is it plausible that each club has its own vision ? A sensible owner / chairman will have a view of where they want the club to be at certain points in the season and act accordingly, sometimes a manager getting the boot is down to not achieving this targets.

The issue here is that Monk guided us to a false position at Xmas, and where we have actually finished is a true reflection of this squad’s capabilities.

Just now, Jim said:

Have you seen our form this season? That’s rubbish. No way are we going to turn that around quickly enough. Have you seen our current strike force, one striker who Monk doesn’t rate and two keepers who might as well be stall holders on a coconut shy?

What does this season have to do with next,i'll tell ya,absolutely bloody nothing,and we'll go back to the squad/team being different to this,there is no way,absolutely no way,Rhodes will be the only (ahem) striker at swfc come seasons kick off,you're the Naive one Jim,because you won't let ya self think it/we will be different,its cool tho,you have your thoughts/ideas i have mine...............UTO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

63640E85-3D0D-44CE-88DF-7BA453EEAB20.gif

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

You’re saying we’re going to be in a relegation battle which I happen to agree with and you would stick with a manager who’s results/performances for over most the season would’ve seen us relegated most seasons?

And let’s face it anyone thinking this squad is going to be massively different next season from this is living in cloud cuckoo land. As we’ve already seen he can’t get a tune from these players. People say he’s one of the unluckiest managers here, I would say the opposite? Anyone else with his record would’ve been relieved of their duties by now?

Monk has got a time of this squad, albeit inconsistently. Example: his team took four points of Leeds. 

How do you know what his mandate was when he arrived ? 

Does your use of “his record” include pre Xmas ? 

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

E47F5DC5-03D6-4B27-B2A6-B727A24412DC.gif

Yes mate,as it stands I WOULD because i dont hold Monk responsible,for the on field collapse,and 'lack of form'....This season was long coming,& a clear out LONG OVERDUE...

The PLAYERS  are the cause of this,just dont understand why others cant see this....What was your view of Monk,before Xmas? Fair Q i think,were you calling for his head than?

56 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Let's wait and see. I reckon there'll be plenty of incomings.

Agreed,should be able to bring in some loan players,& hopefully a half decent striker,main thing that needs 'bringing in' is a willingness to fight,& battle for every point.

And younger,less injury prone players who will feel the same 'hurt' the fans do.if they lose....

Allegedly Sadly lacking in my view in the current squad,with the odd exception.

29 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes mate,as it stands I WOULD because i dont hold Monk responsible,for the on field collapse,and 'lack of form'....This season was long coming,& a clear out LONG OVERDUE...

The PLAYERS  are the cause of this,just dont understand why others cant see this....What was your view of Monk,before Xmas? Fair Q i think,were you calling for his head than?

Things were ok at Christmas, I think most of us would agree with that but for whatever reason he went full on Jos and we went downhill fast and never recovered?

Even if he does manage to bring in some new players I don't see him turning it around now? He's behind the 8 ball in many ways and I've seen nothing in his management style here or elsewhere to suggest he'll turn it around, in fact there's more chance of him making it worse?

That said you and others believe in him so fair enough. Whether I'm right or wrong, you won't get me coming on here making a big song and dance about it. If he stays I want him to succeed for obvious reasons but I very much doubt that he will and that's how I feel.

• Like 1

I Have seen managers come and go ,I am always ready to give a manager time and patience if i  have confidence in him .Not up to me who the manager is ,But monk is not the man to take us forward ,My opinion ,Agree or Disagree its up to you ,But i think Monk and Bullen should both be gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Things were ok at Christmas, I think most of us would agree with that but for whatever reason he went full on Jos and we went downhill fast and never recovered?

Even if he does manage to bring in some new players I don't see him turning it around now? He's behind the 8 ball in many ways and I've seen nothing in his management style here or elsewhere to suggest he'll turn it around, in fact there's more chance of him making it worse?

That said you and others believe in him so fair enough. Whether I'm right or wrong, you won't get me coming on here making a big song and dance about it. If he stays I want him to succeed for obvious reasons but I very much doubt that he will and that's how I feel.

You’re wasting your time pal. It’s like banging your head on a brick wall. Think I’m going to come off this site for a bit for my own mental health. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1