Have to give a manager time..

Are we really skint or it’s just the EFL’s cack handed rules stopping us from spending? Alan Nixon keeps saying the Chairman’s loaded and he gets more things right than the ITK’s on here, does he not?

17 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Alex Ferguson took an age to get Man Utd going. Rumoured to be one game from being sacked at one point. 

Ferguson won the SPL 3 times with Aberdeen, not to mention 4 Scottish Cups, a European Cup Winners Cup and a European Super Cup before moving to Manchester

Monk arrived after another bust up with the brass of his former team. Not for the first time either.

If ever there was a chalk and cheese situation

Edited by Tommo_
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, parajack said:

Nigel Pearsons been allegedly 'sacked' means nothing....sacking Monk & blaming him for the S6 shambles solves nothing....problems (allegedly of course!) MUCH higher...

I was referring to the hobbit at Bristol City and the Cowley at Huddersfield, both of which have been dismissed after collecting more points than Monk since Christmas 

8 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Your deluded if you think a club that was turned down by Steve McLaren is an attraction. There are several reasons Hughton would rather remain unemployed than come here.

Cowleys couldn’t cut it at a better funded club than SWFC, so forget them. Even tho Bruce cane he was in no rush and left as soon as a better offer came. 

None of us are happy with the performances this year, but until this messiah comes along, you’d better get used to the fact we are what we are. A badly run club, with no money and a squad with little resale value.

You missed off poo manager from that list. 

23 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

I would think he is comparing the situation not the people involed

but Fergie had won the Cup Winners Cup with Aberdeen and broken the old firm hold on the league in Scotland. He had earned some slack.

Monk on the other hand...

The situation does not bare comparison.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, thanks.

Is it not common practice in debates / discussions / forums to present information that supports your point of view ?

I am of the opinion that Monk needs - and deserves to be given - time  to turn us into a competitive force in this division.

You’re perfectly entitled to disagree with me and to present information in support of your stance, which I look forward to reading and considering.

This is the very essence of Owlstalk, is it not ?

crikey, I feel like I have just bumped into my younger self, I was in Kew from 2005 to 2010 and argued with everyone on Owlstalk in what I thought was considered and moderate tones. Turns out I was wrong though and Ken Bates would have been an improvement.

Anyway...

What makes you think that Monk “deserves to be given time”

23 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

If he wins the league next year, everyone will be wanting him to sign up for 4 years.

and if I get caught ******** Taylor Swift my Missus Will go apeshit but its not an eventuality we really need to consider is it?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Alex Ferguson was praised for rooting out bad influence from the changing room.

Unlike Monk he had the resources to replace Beckham with Ronaldo,  Stam with Matic.

Monk is no Ferguson, but there are few managers who could keep us competitive at the right end of this league.

Stam with Matic. Has to be the worst upgrade in history.

lol

7 minutes ago, George said:

and if I get caught ******** Taylor Swift my Missus Will go apeshit but its not an eventuality we really need to consider is it?

Dunno. Has Niel got a picture of you because with his new software there will be a video along in five minutes of you deeply penetrating Taylor Swift. 

2 hours ago, Django said:

I was referring to the hobbit at Bristol City and the Cowley at Huddersfield, both of which have been dismissed after collecting more points than Monk since Christmas 

Yes mate i know all agreed,under different circumstances to the ones which i have referenced,in multiple posts,I would be Q Monks record too.My point of view is simply Monk didnt become a 'bad' Manager over the Xmas period,and that ANY Manager would have struggled with this group of Player's at a time when many were not being offered further re-contracting,& when some were allegedly openly being challenged on their attitude/lack of effort/commitment.

Under such circumstances I feel we wont get a fair judgement of Monk,until we see hi field a team of his own,to see if he can get something out of the dressing room(which by the way,MAY just be we stay in the Championship)

Must remember Monk achieved this with Birmingham,AND with Wednesday..(seems to be forgotten that we could have been relegated this season)..Next season we may start with a points deduction(12+?) possibly higher....I dont see many of the names mentioned as relishing THAT sot of challenge,do you?

Maybe become the latest SWFC 'whipping dog'.....NO on balance.Monk has the experience to deal with the immediate challenge,though other Clubs in similar situations to Wednesday,may find themseles looking for a manager simply to keep them in the Championship,OR dare i say it, IN EXISTENCE.

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Dunno. Has Niel got a picture of you because with his new software there will be a video along in five minutes of you deeply penetrating Taylor Swift. 

No but for that purpose I am happy to send him one!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Because there is no worse than Monk 

Again,Monk kept Birmingham up,(after a points deduction)Kept Wednesday in the Championship(already forgotten)...and was the most successful Leeds Manager in the last 10 Years,prior to the present incumbent.(and he did ok at the Swans)..

There are plenty of Managers out there,in my view 'worse' than Monk....In our current situation,with a potential pints(or even 'points) deduction...pending,in truth,he is probably the most experienced Manager around in terms of dealing with such.

I think the reality of season 20/21 will be a potential immediate relegation battle,underpinned by playing in front of 25% capacity crowds,(from October,EMPTY Stadia before than )with the threat of a potential further Covid outbreak(and lockdown) at somepoint in the Season. 

Matchday income will thus be reduced by 75% for the immediate future,so our income from the Championship,& TV money, is a MUST have.We simply must SURVIVE....

12 hours ago, parajack said:

Bruce? Ive spent more time  queuing for  'pie's than he spent here?? ...How can you use Bruce as an example? That and being on holiday before he came for how long?...

We know WHO is available....and we wernt shipping last minute goals,or rolling over before Monk..?..

Beware of the pies!  Too many make you vulnerable to the virus, even a certain stupid slob has worked this out!

Point is that we are, despite Chansiri, capable of attracting a proper manager: Carlos even tho he turned into a clown and Bruce however many months he stayed.

We do not know who is available, well I certainly do not, nor who is going to become available in coming weeks. Europe is our catchment area!

Any proper manager would be better. Monk's record is not defensible, he has unfortunately proved himself to be incompetent over many months...