Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

So Garry Monk finished above Paul Cook over 46 games?

 

You ask people to put their arguments about what Monk has to work with into perspective and then just give this kind of response when Cook clearly did better results wise than Monk.

 

Blinkered

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



Corrrrr


You're really stretching yourself with that one mate


Talk about trying to fit a square peg into a round hole

 

lol

 


 

539580E1-3069-4EFB-AA23-31D38D156C6D.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

 

You ask people to put their arguments about what Monk has to work with into perspective and then just give this kind of response when Cook clearly did better results wise than Monk.

 

Blinkered



Monk finished above Cook over the season mate


DESPITE everything he had to work with etc etc

 

lol

 

  • Haha 2

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Don’t think he’s ever had the sack, has won the league titles with each of his last 3 clubs and left them in a higher division than when he joined.

Not Sure how Monk compares.

 

58A9163C-A21B-421C-98C1-986B0372656A.thumb.jpeg.a6f7dc4c03aef720cadd1a5d6f287dc4.jpeg


Don’t come on here with your facts you Monk hater.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:



This is getting funnier and funnier


lol


Please don't stop with the desperation

It's genuinely hilarious now

 

 

I'm desperate to see us stop losing games before half time and conceding countless goals yes.

 

I'll leave you to it I you think Monk is the right man. That's not hilarious, watching his team is far from amusing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

 

I'm desperate to see us stop losing games before half time and conceding countless goals yes.

 

I'll leave you to it I you think Monk is the right man. That's not hilarious, watching his team is far from amusing.

 

 

lol

 

Incredible


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now he's resigned at Wigan it will be interesting to see what happens.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

 

 

We don't need someone with Premier League experience , we need someone who's improved teams and got teams promoted. Where's Monks experience of that?

Monk has improved teams at previous clubs, just because it didn’t work out in the end doesn’t mean he didn’t improve the personnel

 

If the criteria is just someone with promotion you’re after then have a look in the conference & Sunday leagues, sure there’s managers in there with promotions who will cost much cheaper than Cook 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, REDOWL said:

Now he's resigned at Wigan it will be interesting to see what happens.


What a coincidence. :tango:

Link to post
Share on other sites


Imagine...


Imagine discounting anything and everything Garry Monk has had to cope with this season, then saying 'Cook did amazing despite everything he had to put up with'

Imagine showing the second half of the season only to prove a point, and not post the form table form the first half when comparing the two?

Imagine saying the season is over the course of 46 games and not just the first half of the season then refusing to acknowledge that over the course of a full season Garry Monk finished above Paul Cook

Imagine showing us stats from when Cook was working in the lower leagues, and trying to make us impressed but not comparing it to Garry Monk who's record shows him operating in the Premier League and Europe?

And the best one... Imagine reading someone saying 'when Garry Monk's got into a slump at other clubs he couldn't turn it round' and repeating it as though it's some kind of guru style fact when ALL managers who are sacked don't turn it round when they get into slumps! that's WHY they get sacked!! Think about it!!  🤣

 

ha ha ha ha that one's the absolute best one!! Always makes me laugh when someone trots that one out

 

lol

 


Get to bed you absolute nutters


Stop quoting and chucking Paul Cook's name around just because you've seen someone else mention his name


The same lunatics were screaming for the Cowleys!! 


(you know.. just before the Cowleys got totally and completely sussed out as being a total Danny Wilson out of his depth type appointment at this level)

There's some real comedy characters on here tonight 


Paul Cook this... Paul Cook that....

Aye...

ALREYT
 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Monk has improved teams at previous clubs, just because it didn’t work out in the end doesn’t mean he didn’t improve the personnel

 

If the criteria is just someone with promotion you’re after then have a look in the conference & Sunday leagues, sure there’s managers in there with promotions who will cost much cheaper than Cook 

So Monk improved the personnel but it didn’t work out cos results got worse. That’s a great argument you’ve put forward.😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

So Monk improved the personnel but it didn’t work out cos results got worse. That’s a great argument you’ve put forward.😃


Carlos got sacked cos results got worse


Gary Megson got sacked cos results got worse

 

etc etc etc

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

So Monk improved the personnel but it didn’t work out cos results got worse. That’s a great argument you’ve put forward.😃

A games not built on individuals is it. Carlos improved us from the Stuart gray era but didn’t get us promoted.
 

Things always end in tears don’t they. Monks first season at Swansea he kept them up and then achieved an 8th place finish in 2014/2015. I’d say that’s improving them just a tad, wouldn’t you? 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


Imagine...


Imagine discounting anything and everything Garry Monk has had to cope with this season, then saying 'Cook did amazing despite everything he had to put up with'

Imagine showing the second half of the season only to prove a point, and not post the form table form the first half when comparing the two?

Imagine saying the season is over the course of 46 games and not just the first half of the season then refusing to acknowledge that over the course of a full season Garry Monk finished above Paul Cook

Imagine showing us stats from when Cook was working in the lower leagues, and trying to make us impressed but not comparing it to Garry Monk who's record shows him operating in the Premier League and Europe?

And the best one... Imagine reading someone saying 'when Garry Monk's got into a slump at other clubs he couldn't turn it round' and repeating it as though it's some kind of guru style fact when ALL managers who are sacked don't turn it round when they get into slumps! that's WHY they get sacked!! Think about it!!  🤣

 

ha ha ha ha that one's the absolute best one!! Always makes me laugh when someone trots that one out

 

lol

 


Get to bed you absolute nutters


Stop quoting and chucking Paul Cook's name around just because you've seen someone else mention his name


The same lunatics were screaming for the Cowleys!! 


(you know.. just before the Cowleys got totally and completely sussed out as being a total Danny Wilson out of his depth type appointment at this level)

There's some real comedy characters on here tonight 


Paul Cook this... Paul Cook that....

Aye...

ALREYT
 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

 

 

:ghoulguy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:


Carlos got sacked cos results got worse


Gary Megson got sacked cos results got worse

 

etc etc etc

 

lol

 

Carlos got sack for not improving personnel. Gary Megson improved personnel and results. Monk improves personnel and results get worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emilianenko said:

Carlos got sack for not improving personnel. Gary Megson improved personnel and results. 

 

 

Well no

No 

Not at all


No that's just you making stuff up there isn't it really?

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


Carlos got sacked cos results got worse


Gary Megson got sacked cos results got worse

 

etc etc etc

 

lol

 

 

Results didn't get worse when Megson got sacked.

 

Are you suggesting we should have kept Carlos? :image:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Results didn't get worse when Megson got sacked.

 

Are you suggesting we should have kept Carlos? 

 

 

WTF


Carlos and Megson got sacked for....

Wait for this...

Hang on.. it's a cracker...

They got sacked for....

Getting into a slump and not being able to turn it around!!!

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...