Paul Cook

11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Don’t think he’s ever had the sack, has won the league titles with each of his last 3 clubs and left them in a higher division than when he joined.

Not Sure how Monk compares.

58A9163C-A21B-421C-98C1-986B0372656A.thumb.jpeg.a6f7dc4c03aef720cadd1a5d6f287dc4.jpeg

Don’t come on here with your facts you Monk hater.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is getting funnier and funnier

lol

Please don't stop with the desperation

It's genuinely hilarious now

I'm desperate to see us stop losing games before half time and conceding countless goals yes.

I'll leave you to it I you think Monk is the right man. That's not hilarious, watching his team is far from amusing.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm desperate to see us stop losing games before half time and conceding countless goals yes.

I'll leave you to it I you think Monk is the right man. That's not hilarious, watching his team is far from amusing.

lol

Incredible

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

We don't need someone with Premier League experience , we need someone who's improved teams and got teams promoted. Where's Monks experience of that?

Monk has improved teams at previous clubs, just because it didn’t work out in the end doesn’t mean he didn’t improve the personnel

If the criteria is just someone with promotion you’re after then have a look in the conference & Sunday leagues, sure there’s managers in there with promotions who will cost much cheaper than Cook 

Imagine...

Imagine discounting anything and everything Garry Monk has had to cope with this season, then saying 'Cook did amazing despite everything he had to put up with'

Imagine showing the second half of the season only to prove a point, and not post the form table form the first half when comparing the two?

Imagine saying the season is over the course of 46 games and not just the first half of the season then refusing to acknowledge that over the course of a full season Garry Monk finished above Paul Cook

Imagine showing us stats from when Cook was working in the lower leagues, and trying to make us impressed but not comparing it to Garry Monk who's record shows him operating in the Premier League and Europe?

And the best one... Imagine reading someone saying 'when Garry Monk's got into a slump at other clubs he couldn't turn it round' and repeating it as though it's some kind of guru style fact when ALL managers who are sacked don't turn it round when they get into slumps! that's WHY they get sacked!! Think about it!!  🤣

ha ha ha ha that one's the absolute best one!! Always makes me laugh when someone trots that one out

lol

Get to bed you absolute nutters

Stop quoting and chucking Paul Cook's name around just because you've seen someone else mention his name

The same lunatics were screaming for the Cowleys!! 

(you know.. just before the Cowleys got totally and completely sussed out as being a total Danny Wilson out of his depth type appointment at this level)

There's some real comedy characters on here tonight 

Paul Cook this... Paul Cook that....

Aye...

ALREYT

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Monk has improved teams at previous clubs, just because it didn’t work out in the end doesn’t mean he didn’t improve the personnel

If the criteria is just someone with promotion you’re after then have a look in the conference & Sunday leagues, sure there’s managers in there with promotions who will cost much cheaper than Cook 

So Monk improved the personnel but it didn’t work out cos results got worse. That’s a great argument you’ve put forward.😃

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

So Monk improved the personnel but it didn’t work out cos results got worse. That’s a great argument you’ve put forward.😃

Carlos got sacked cos results got worse

Gary Megson got sacked cos results got worse

etc etc etc

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

A games not built on individuals is it. Carlos improved us from the Stuart gray era but didn’t get us promoted.

Things always end in tears don’t they. Monks first season at Swansea he kept them up and then achieved an 8th place finish in 2014/2015. I’d say that’s improving them just a tad, wouldn’t you? 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine...

Imagine discounting anything and everything Garry Monk has had to cope with this season, then saying 'Cook did amazing despite everything he had to put up with'

Imagine showing the second half of the season only to prove a point, and not post the form table form the first half when comparing the two?

Imagine saying the season is over the course of 46 games and not just the first half of the season then refusing to acknowledge that over the course of a full season Garry Monk finished above Paul Cook

Imagine showing us stats from when Cook was working in the lower leagues, and trying to make us impressed but not comparing it to Garry Monk who's record shows him operating in the Premier League and Europe?

And the best one... Imagine reading someone saying 'when Garry Monk's got into a slump at other clubs he couldn't turn it round' and repeating it as though it's some kind of guru style fact when ALL managers who are sacked don't turn it round when they get into slumps! that's WHY they get sacked!! Think about it!!  🤣

ha ha ha ha that one's the absolute best one!! Always makes me laugh when someone trots that one out

lol

Get to bed you absolute nutters

Stop quoting and chucking Paul Cook's name around just because you've seen someone else mention his name

The same lunatics were screaming for the Cowleys!! 

(you know.. just before the Cowleys got totally and completely sussed out as being a total Danny Wilson out of his depth type appointment at this level)

There's some real comedy characters on here tonight 

Paul Cook this... Paul Cook that....

Aye...

ALREYT

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:ghoulguy:

Just now, @owlstalk said:

etc etc etc

lol

Carlos got sack for not improving personnel. Gary Megson improved personnel and results. Monk improves personnel and results get worse.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

etc etc etc

lol

Results didn't get worse when Megson got sacked.

Are you suggesting we should have kept Carlos? :image:

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Results didn't get worse when Megson got sacked.

Are you suggesting we should have kept Carlos? 

WTF

Carlos and Megson got sacked for....

Wait for this...

Hang on.. it's a cracker...

They got sacked for....

Getting into a slump and not being able to turn it around!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF

Carlos and Megson got sacked for....

Wait for this...

Hang on.. it's a cracker...

They got sacked for....

Getting into a slump and not being able to turn it around!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You made more sense when you were posting pictures of yourself on the bog.

Keep defending Monk and his record if you like, even though it is indefensible. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm not defending Monk in the slightest

I'm very clearly highlighting absolute hypocrisy

lol

In what sense?