Can someone explain what these two do?

David Downes Head of Recruitment and Dean Hughes Recruitment Analyst. I dont know how long they have been in place but I cant say recruitment has been anything special over the last 2 years perhaps apart from Iorfa. What's the process for finding players?  Manager goes to these 2 asks for a certain type of player and they bring him a list of availabe candidates or does it all go through Paxo and Chansiri first and a player turns up at training and tells Monk he just been signed?

I keep reading that people dont want Monk rebuilding our squad but would anything change with a new man unless they are given free reign to clear out the backroom and bring in their own people?

Don’t think they’ve been with the club for 2years.
Weren’t they brought in by Bruce in his few months here, so Iorfa as you say but Harris, Borner, the much maligned Odubajo, Plus loaners Murphy, Windass, Wickham and Da Cruz. 

Some good, some not so but they’ve brought in several younger, low cost players who by and large have worked hard for the club.
Contrast that to the likes of some that went before like George Boyd, Almen Abdi, David Jones and Marco Matias who gave little or nothing but took an awful lot from the club.

Recruitment has been better for their input. I just hope it continues into the next transfer window where they have a huge job to do.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, striker said:

In fairness, recruitment of late has been better. Dont think these two are the biggest problems at the moment 

Yes I agree...they seem to be looking at what we've needed for ages...young, hard working, hungry young players who we'll be able to sell on at some point

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

We’ll see if they are any good over the coming few weeks. 

Most certainly.

If they can somehow help the manager shape a coherent and competitive squad out of the offcuts and fragments which we're currently left with, then not even Carlton Palmer could deny them legendary status.

:duntmatter:

8 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

David Downes Head of Recruitment and Dean Hughes Recruitment Analyst. I dont know how long they have been in place but I cant say recruitment has been anything special over the last 2 years perhaps apart from Iorfa. What's the process for finding players?  Manager goes to these 2 asks for a certain type of player and they bring him a list of availabe candidates or does it all go through Paxo and Chansiri first and a player turns up at training and tells Monk he just been signed?

I keep reading that people dont want Monk rebuilding our squad but would anything change with a new man unless they are given free reign to clear out the backroom and bring in their own people?

Hope they have been working overtime on the forwards, must be their focus.

Just now, Django said:

I think they find the players that we should sign then the club don’t sign them 

Then give Doyen a ring to see if they can have a look down the back of their sofa for any spare players that nobody else wants.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Didn't Bruce bring those two gentlemen in?.

• Like 1

Typical.

In our efforts to slag whatever moves at S6 anything & everything is fair game “Look at me, I can slag SWFC off more than you”.

One of the legacies of Steve Bruce’s all too brief reign here was to try & improve the recruitment which he clearly did by bringing his own guys in.

I fear we are at a stage where people are unable to separate the wheat from the chaff & the default response is so negatively ingrained that even relative positives are seen as legitimate targets for abuse.

Maybe the OP ought to look in the mirror and ask himself the same fuc*in question as to HIS ‘usefulness’. 

Especially with regard to supporting SWFC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2