Inverting the Pyramid

7 minutes ago, heppers said:

Don’t mock what you don’t understand 

Given the kinds of salaries being paid for such pioneering football minds, once can only wonder why you're here slagging off us plebs instead of preparing your team for the game on Sunday.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Given the kinds of salaries being paid for such pioneering football minds, once can only wonder why you're here slagging off us plebs instead of preparing your team for the game on Sunday.

I haven't slagged off plebs like you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

They don’t look the same without Fernandinho though. He loves a yellow card does that fella. I don’t think you need a hard man in midfield but you want someone disciplined to sit and do all the donkey work in order for players like Silva, De Bruyne and Foden to flourish.

Best player I’ve seen do that at Championship level in recent seasons is Adam Clayton at Boro. He screens his midfield, covers if a full back bombs forward and does all the dirty stuff. Often goes unnoticed from the outside looking in. I don’t think we have anyone disciplined enough for that role. Too often there are gaping holes in our CM.

Totally agree with Adam Clayton just that type of player that we need...a young version though

• Like 2

15 hours ago, heppers said:

Most people read the back page of the Star. I read cutting edge football theory. We need to change. All the top young managers get early results from the inversion.

😂

Soz hard

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Tell you what, name a team that regularly with that formation?

Barca use it to good effect. At our level Leeds have the ability and often do it to change things up.

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

Barca use it to good effect. At our level Leeds have the ability and often do it to change things up.

This is the Barca team that has fallen apart this season, despite having nearly £1bn worth of players in the squad? And Leeds effectively play a 4-1-4-1.

Just now, Minton said:

This is the Barca team that has fallen apart this season, despite having nearly £1bn worth of players in the squad? And Leeds effectively play a 4-1-4-1.

More the Barca team that played without strikers.

Leeds can invert to win games. We don’t. 

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

More the Barca team that played without strikers.

Leeds can invert to win games. We don’t. 

Griezman, Messi, Dembele, Suarez, Braithwaite, Fati and Turan are all able to play as strikers and attacking wide men. 

The fact is, we don't have the players or the squad depth to play this supposedly revolutionary formation and neither does almost any other team. Even Beilsa doesn't exclusively play this either. 

I'd go back to the drawing board if I were you. 

8 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

They don’t look the same without Fernandinho though. He loves a yellow card does that fella. I don’t think you need a hard man in midfield but you want someone disciplined to sit and do all the donkey work in order for players like Silva, De Bruyne and Foden to flourish.

Best player I’ve seen do that at Championship level in recent seasons is Adam Clayton at Boro. He screens his midfield, covers if a full back bombs forward and does all the dirty stuff. Often goes unnoticed from the outside looking in. I don’t think we have anyone disciplined enough for that role. Too often there are gaping holes in our CM.

I always wanted Liam Bridcutt at Wednesday.

• Like 1