Inverting the Pyramid

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

i hold my hands up ...quarterbacks ,false number 10s ,withdrawn 9s mean sod all to me ...so whats an inverted pyramid ?

center-forward who are more focused on distributing the ball to his wingers and teammates than on scoring himself - the intimation, perhaps, of the false nine. The pyramid has remained the global default since the change in the number of subs. It needs inverting.

It seems obvious without a 20 goal a year striker.

The only way to have 6+ players that score more than 8.

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

center-forward who are more focused on distributing the ball to his wingers and teammates than on scoring himself - the intimation, perhaps, of the false nine. The pyramid has remained the global default since the change in the number of subs. It needs inverting.

Ah Football Manager 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, heppers said:

we've had a shed load of none scoring number 9s over the years and we still  havnt achieved anything  so not sure thats going to work . .....but i'll go with it ,so he passes out to the winger and the 9 stays deep  .....so who does the winger centre it too to score the goals  

Just now, torryowl said:

we've had a shed load of none scoring number 9s over the years and we still  havnt achieved anything  so not sure thats going to work . .....but i'll go with it ,so he passes out to the winger and the 9 stays deep  .....so who does the winger centre it too to score the goals  

The rear of the pyramid. That is the point or not the point depending on how you view it. 😂

Googled it and found out it's a book about the history of football tactics and how they have evolved from an attacking 127 formation to a more conservative 442 or 433. Hence, inverting the pyramid. 

Not sure how this relates to us though?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Googled it and found out it's a book about the history of football tactics and how they have evolved from an attacking 127 formation to a more conservative 442 or 433. Hence, inverting the pyramid. 

Not sure how this relates to us though?

Study it but also it’s evolution. We need to invert the pyramid for optimum attack while protecting our weak defence.

Edited by heppers