Worst season in memory

Just now, striker said:

Awful season yes, but there have been many worse seasons, although I appreciate my memory is a little longer 😀

I think there’s been on paper worse seasons but for some reason I just really didn’t care this year. I found it a real chore to go to the ground and watch on Ifollow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think there’s been on paper worse seasons but for some reason I just really didn’t care this year. I found it a real chore to go to the ground and watch on Ifollow. 

Believe me, I've sat through some bad times at Hillsborough! 

It's the life of a Wednesday fan, we all lose interest at some point, but then get drawn back in. 

Edited by striker

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That tops it for me.

That was painful. Absolute dog poo  at Hillsborough. A handful of good away performances. But largely a side who looked soft as hell making countless mistakes. And finally not one player I look at and think I’m proud he plays for my club. All of them just don’t connect with the fanbase anymore and neither does the manager.

Not to forget the season was ruined thanks to mismanagement which has seen the threat of a points deduction loom over us from the beginning. And that’s still not resolved.

I’ve been doing since 2001 and that campaign was hands down the worst. On the face of it you would have thought the two relegation seasons were worse and the seasons we struggled in League One. But for some reason I found this one more painful. My entire enthusiasm for the football club was drained, genuine apathy which I’ve never felt before, a real disconnect from the club. Can’t put my finger on the exact reason but I really struggled to care this season. 

I was just going to put you have a "Short fuc*ing memory then.

And then I read on and see you've been going since 2001.

So you do have a "short fuc*ing memory" then.  🙂

This season was distinctly average to sh*t, but the fact that we were third, albeit for a relatively short time before the Alton Tower's esque descent into oblivion, makes it stand out as one of the better sh*t seasons we've had over the years.

There are actual times in our history, when this season (in comparison to some) would have stood out as a feat of unbelievable brilliance.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wednesday where our only solace is that we are maybe not as sh*t as we have been in the past.

(Although how this can be, when we have currently, according to some, the worst owner / chairman in our entire history, is a bit of a mystery)!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, some of the seasons in the 1970's were excruciating, e.g  just surviving relegation to League 2 in 1976.

But bullshitter Monk is up there with Danny Williams, Burtenshaw, Tuner and Irvine in my mind.

I did not think we could get another like Luhukay but on a number of measures Monk has done even worse than him.

• Like 6

It was Jekyll and Hyde. 

A lot of promise going into Boxing Day against stoke, that game is up there with one of the worst results I've ever seen. If ever the term 'snatching defeat from the jaws of victory' that was it. 

Then the performances were rinse and repeat from then on, Jordan Rhodes smashing in a hat trick away at Forest then going back to being irrelevant and as useful as an underwater hairdryer.

What takes the biscuit is having a manager that distills as much confidence as a newborn baby. Robotic and predictable, both in onfield performances and both pre and post match interviews. Never managed a promotion run, sacked in alleged but consistent circumstances from every team he's managed. 

Also finishes the season with the worst win rate in history. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

did you get decent wifi at the ground to watch it on ifollow?

• Haha 4