Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I’ve never doubted his good faith, but another embarrassing season for us.

It’s disappointing for me that Monk is trending on Twitter, and if you have a look most people are calling for him to go. Monk is not the real issue here and is a scapegoat, the issue is Mr Chansiri.

I would have agreed but the Chairman doesn't train and send the players on the pitch and decide the tactics. Both of them have a way to go before redemption 

His plan seems to consist of charging the highest prices in the division along with half baked 3yr/10yr/15yr ticket deals.

His strategy was to forward load those outrageous ticket prices into 1/2 sh*t or bust seasons to get to the PL.

His achievements are as above ... Bust!

• Like 1

Started out very promising. Did all the right things, said all the right things. Seemingly brought in experienced football people to help. The club made shrewd signings in 2015, didn’t break the bank. 

After Wembley it went pear shaped. Wasted money.

Any experienced football person we’ve employed hasn’t stuck around. 

No strategy. No structure. 

Not all his fault, I think Carlos needs to take some blame for the on-field decisions in the seasons after Wembley. Abdi for example, I refuse to believe that he turned into a poor footballer overnight...and all of those injuries to other players. What the hell happened. 

I want Chansiri to succeed. I want him to stick around if he’s willing to continue to invest. But he has got to wake up. Bring in people who know how to run a football club and know how to engage with fans.

The 150th year celebrations were a disaster. They didn’t get it. 

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Like 2

This season: mostly in the background compared to previous years. That might not be such a bad thing, provided he learns from his mistakes and begins hiring good football people and good business people so he can delegate appropriately... not holding my breath on that though 

3 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

Think it's fairly obvious why he's not more involved in the family business...

Exactamondo

30 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

A good chairman has short, medium and long-term plans. He does this by going for short, medium and long-term investment options.

He came in and did the pitch, the scoreboard and some top Championship players. It's clear his short-term investment plans were on point... very well identified the immediate 'wins' he could get and hit the target. Fair play. 

There was talk of leaving Middlewood Road, investing in the youth academy and doing up bits of the ground. Again, he talked the talk of understanding the medium and long-term 'wins' he could get... however it's clear he hasn't walked the walk in this regard. Instead we saw further money spent on short-term 'wins' (signing 'established' [older] players incessantly to reach the promised land). Over the years, that still hasn't changed. He's been relying on short-term wins ever since... and the problem with that is that costs the most money for the least sustainable growth.

If you want an analogy, he's bought an old car that needs some TLC. He's provided a nice lick of paint with go-faster stripes and gave us some mean looking wheels... it looked aesthetically great... but nowt has been done to rectify the offset axles and the sputtering engine.

Now we're just knackered by the side of the road.

But we are an old classic and one day our value will sky rocket again.

lol

7 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

Think it's fairly obvious why he's not more involved in the family business...

What family business?

Thai Union is not a 'family business" and DC is involved in a private real estate business that is majority owned by his father.

• Like 3

Charged fans top prices to watch absolute garbage.

At the end of each of the last 3 seasons fans have said “I’m glad the season is over” and no doubt we will be saying it again at the end of next season.

We have had more bad than good seasons since he arrived and I feel we are now no further forward than we were when he took over, indeed with the club stumbling from embargo to embargo and the threat of a points deduction hanging over the club like a bad smell it could be argued that he’s taken us backwards.

For me personally I feel like January could be a bit of a pivotal moment in whether I renew my season ticket or not going forward as I have done since 1992. If there’s no real change going forward and it’s another season of rubbish I think I might have a break from attending Hillsborough and watch the matches at home instead.

• Like 2

He needs to look at the signings and gives paxo a good kick in the rounduns then drag him out of the club with his man sausage, that would be a start.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, andytrig said:

For one I think he has learnt the lessons around FFP, though he hasn't had much choice and learnt the hard way. In order to move forward he needs to work within the restraints set out by the EFL and will only achieve this by drastically restructuring the club. Start by hiring an accountant who is capable of submitted accounts on time. (I'm available have 30 years experience, contact me for a copy of my CV).

He needs to get rid of Paixao and set up a proper recruitment and scouting team. The focus as many on here have said time and time again needs to be on signing young ambitious footballers, not who is tied to whatever agent suits a purpose.

Move on players that aren't going to play for the club again, pay up their contracts, take the hit and move on.

Allow the manager to bring in his own coaching team and structure it the way they want.

Don't interfere with team selection.

AndyTrig

FCCA 

Reminds me of of my ex missus, lurches along only thinking of today from one car crash decision to another with no thought of consequences. Then it catches up and its everyone else's fault. 

Hopefully he's learning now. Wel fingers crossed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

The only way forward for him and us is if he changes his mindset as to how the football club is run...best CEO he can afford, best DOF he can afford and a manager here for the long term who is prepared to oversee a football philosophy we can use for the next ten years. If we progress we just keep upgrading managers, players, staff and keep doing that. I said this when he came in it's not exactly rocket science. 

Absolutely spot on.

I'm supposed to be working 

but F5ing OT for news

re this thread DC has one thing to do:  sack his advisors

sorry 2 things to do, sack the people who advised him to hire the advisors 

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Reminds me of of my ex missus, lurches along only thinking of today from one car crash decision to another with no thought of consequences. Then it catches up and its everyone else's fault. 

Hopefully he's learning now. Wel fingers crossed. 

I can certainly relate to that mate, trust me and thought mine was unique. 🙈