Worst match of the season?

22 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The first half vs. Derby at home is up there with the worst performances i've ever seen.

Surrended before kick off.

I was actually embarrassed to be a Wednesday fan.

Yep, first goal was unlucky fell to bits after that, second half we give it a go but it was too late

• Like 1

On 23/07/2020 at 09:05, Roy Of The Roasters said:

If Monk isn't allowed his own backroom team, what makes you think anyone else will be?

I've said it many times before. Changing the manager won't suddenly make all our problems go away. The problems run far deeper than the manager. 

Was he not allowed his own backroom team or did Birmingham not allow them to join him?

For me it has to be Blackburn away, the whole experience was dire.

Blackburn is only about 20 minutes drive from where I live, so it's an easy game to get to. Had just got in contact with an old mate from years ago who is a Blackburn supporter, arranged to meet in a pub, he drove us to the ground, we wished each other luck, I went to the away end, he went to his seat.

Boring game..*OK needs must I'll take a draw"....83 minutes, Murphy scores "wahoo! Not pretty but a win's a win"...87 minutes, they equalise..sh#t!!!!, "OK, a point then"...injury time, they get a winner. I'm sitting with my head in my hands and some total lame brains two rows behind start smashing up seats. Yep, proud to be a Wednesday supporter. When the stewards got there the boneheads had long gone.

Met mate afterwards, not a word passed between us on the drive back to the pub, I was seething too much. He did venture to say that he thought we should practise corners a bit more. Think we had loads and got nothing from them.

The definitive "defeat from the jaws of victory" package.

• Like 2

Stoke away Boxing day easy. Went in there half twice in the first half, somehow despite not being able to put three passes together all game we scramble two goals from corners and there that poor we take the lead and then we still throw 2 goals away in injury time.

SHOCKING.

There have been many more tho. And as long as that Clown Monk is in charge i assume more to come.

4 hours ago, Rossendale Owl said:

For me it has to be Blackburn away, the whole experience was dire.

Blackburn is only about 20 minutes drive from where I live, so it's an easy game to get to. Had just got in contact with an old mate from years ago who is a Blackburn supporter, arranged to meet in a pub, he drove us to the ground, we wished each other luck, I went to the away end, he went to his seat.

Boring game..*OK needs must I'll take a draw"....83 minutes, Murphy scores "wahoo! Not pretty but a win's a win"...87 minutes, they equalise..sh#t!!!!, "OK, a point then"...injury time, they get a winner. I'm sitting with my head in my hands and some total lame brains two rows behind start smashing up seats. Yep, proud to be a Wednesday supporter. When the stewards got there the boneheads had long gone.

Met mate afterwards, not a word passed between us on the drive back to the pub, I was seething too much. He did venture to say that he thought we should practise corners a bit more. Think we had loads and got nothing from them.

The definitive "defeat from the jaws of victory" package.

That Pelupessy corner away at Blackburn 

I missed the Blackburn debacle thankfully so for me its Stoke away, Boxing Day is a great football tradition, we were in decent form against an under performing Potteries side, a win would have put us in a good league position - the performance was absolutely diabolical, we hardly had a kick but somehow managed to lead 2-1 with a couple of quite fortunate Tom Lees goals, we then reverted to a style of play that allowed Stoke to play like Pele's Brazil and put us under immense pressure for the last 15mins, a late Stoke goal made it 2-2 and I was thinking we'd got a point we didn't really deserve, we then gave away a needless corner in the 96th minute, I turned to my mate and said "this is in" and headed for the exit, the cheers of the Stoke fans seconds later confirmed the worst, we still haven't recovered.

On 23/07/2020 at 07:37, stoff said:

Now this bobbar season is all over (thank you Jesus), which was the worst game/performance? 

I seem to have thankfully wiped a lot of the games from memory but Blackburn at home stands out for me. 

Has to be, truly terrible performance.   I didn't even expect a last minute comeback. 

Ooooo spoiled for choice here aren’t we

Blackburn at home was probably the most pathetic home performance by any Wednesday side in my 28 years of watching us

The first half against Derby was a reyt laugh aswell

Edited by Django
  • Like 1