Worst match of the season?

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We have watched some absolute garbage this season and paid the highest admission prices in the division in order to do so, but for me one game that stands out above the whole steaming pile of turd that has been the 2019/20 season has to be Blackburn at home.

The first time I have ever left a Wednesday match at halftime.

Me also.

Although there were several other games that I felt like leaving early.

• Like 1

I stayed until the final whistle of 0-5 against Blackburn at home.

It was excruciating.

Just being reminded by many on here of that game my thoughts are that Monk does not even have a shred of integrity or he would resign.

Hopefully the pay off is derisory as he does noit desewrve it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

If Monk isn't allowed his own backroom team, what makes you think anyone else will be?

I've said it many times before. Changing the manager won't suddenly make all our problems go away. The problems run far deeper than the manager. 

Bruce was allowed to bring in his own team.

Any decent manager will want to bring in their own setup

If DC is serious about getting things sorted  then the two go hand in glove.

3 hours ago, stoff said:

Now this bobbar season is all over (thank you Jesus), which was the worst game/performance? 

I seem to have thankfully wiped a lot of the games from memory but Blackburn at home stands out for me. 

Take your pick from any game in which defeat was already confirmed before half-time, plenty to choose from.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

1594422117_EmptyStadium.gif.7f960c0aeb4e50f248bb66074b6f5d0d.gif

That makes at least 3 of us. staying for the 2nd half was the best way to avoid the traffic on the way home.

2 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

If Monk isn't allowed his own backroom team, what makes you think anyone else will be?

I've said it many times before. Changing the manager won't suddenly make all our problems go away. The problems run far deeper than the manager. 

No doubt other problems exist and changing manager won't solve everything but at the same time you have to hope a different manager can improve on a record of 17 points from half a season of matches.

As you say, giving a manager his own backroom staff would help but in terms of Monk, his backroom staff were all tied up in someway by Birmingham, don't think there was, or is a list of people eager to work with him.

Brentford away, it was as if we'd just given up altogether.

Brentford weren't even very good back then, they'd gone several games without winning, that was the first game of the winning run which got them to the top 3. 

We've had a lot of shockers this season but I've voted for that one because there was also that reyt long walk to the tube station after. 

• Like 1

Stoke away and Blackburn away for me

To go into the last minute of a game winning away from home and to not only loose the lead but also to loose the game, to do this once is unprofessional but to do it twice in the same season is inexcusable 

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Luton away for me, it was horrific. 

Not seen Brentford or Wigan away so can't comment on them 2 games. 

Blackburn at home was bad but not helped by the sending off. 

Luton away was an absolute car crash. We had Forestieri at LWB(!) first half, should've made at least one change after half an hour. Should've been 3-0 or 4-0 to them by half time (they missed an early pen too) and bear in mind I think they were rock bottom at the time.

That's why it pips Brentford for me, as at least I could console myself with the thought that Brentford were a decent side and would likely smash a few other teams. Very lucky to escape Luton with only 1-0!

Blackburn home I didn't see but as above, compounded by sending off I suspect.

Edited by Marc_Degryse

7 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

We have watched some absolute garbage this season and paid the highest admission prices in the division in order to do so, but for me one game that stands out above the whole steaming pile of turd that has been the 2019/20 season has to be Blackburn at home.

The first time I have ever left a Wednesday match at halftime.

Agree with most of that but me and wife are long standing season ticket holders and we certainly don't pay the highest admission prices in the division so speak for yourself.