Worst match of the season?

So many.

one right up there, and the absolute turning point in our season, was Cardiff at home. It was right after the stoke game where we shipped 2 goals late on. We were still top 4 and it was a perfect chance to come out and hit an average Cardiff team and go into the new year with momentum.  We didn’t know it but big cracks were coming. Fletchers first game out injured, westwood had been dropped. 

we were 2 nil down in 10 minutes, we came out of the traps like we had been on the lash all night. Crazy defending. We never recovered. 

those 4 goals in that 15 minute spell at end of stoke and start of Cardiff games changed our season completely.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

So many.

one right up there, and the absolute turning point in our season, was Cardiff at home. It was right after the stoke game where we shipped 2 goals late on. We were still top 4 and it was a perfect chance to come out and hit an average Cardiff team and go into the new year with momentum.  We didn’t know it but big cracks were coming. Fletchers first game out injured, westwood had been dropped. 

we were 2 nil down in 10 minutes, we came out of the traps like we had been on the lash all night. Crazy defending. We never recovered. 

those 4 goals in that 15 minute spell at end of stoke and start of Cardiff games changed our season completely.

The Cardiff game wasn’t Fletcher’s first game out injured.

He’d already missed Bristol City (H) and Stoke City (A).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

He needs to be clearing his desk today to make way for a proper manager with his own backroom team who has a clear plan for a way forward for this club.

If Monk isn't allowed his own backroom team, what makes you think anyone else will be?

I've said it many times before. Changing the manager won't suddenly make all our problems go away. The problems run far deeper than the manager. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We have watched some absolute garbage this season and paid the highest admission prices in the division in order to do so, but for me one game that stands out above the whole steaming pile of turd that has been the 2019/20 season has to be Blackburn at home.

The first time I have ever left a Wednesday match at halftime.

Too many shockers to mention under Monk.  Some of the many late goals conceded were dagger blows.

Hopoefully Monk has already left the club.

Worst of all must be the first Press Conference with DC and Monk.

DC looked like he had just been told that he needed serious root canal treatment.

Impossible to choose. So, so many bad games. So many late capitulations. So many points squandered in the last few minutes of games. The 2nd half of this season is one of the worst periods of any season I can remember. The lack of effort and concentration from our players is as bad as I've ever seen in the blue and white stripes. Utterly pathetic. Don't expect me to be able to pick a worst performance, I'm still too irrational. 

• Like 3