Message from Garry Monk "I want to reconnect with the fans.."

Monk mot going to shy away from the 'negativity' it's the 'reality ' we need to see. Sack him no just let his contract run out. Failure with nothing to show improvement would come. There is nothing to debate, he was and is the wrong person. End of. Can we please stop backing a failure and get someone somebody  doesn't want to loose for a change. Spend money on competition but get the right person. Other clubs have! Leeds and Piggies have ffs come on people  we need to end this season and have a clean sweep. New manager and backroom staff 

3 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Monk mot going to shy away from the 'negativity' it's the 'reality ' we need to see. Sack him no just let his contract run out. Failure with nothing to show improvement would come. There is nothing to debate, he was and is the wrong person. End of. Can we please stop backing a failure and get someone somebody  doesn't want to loose for a change. Spend money on competition but get the right person. Other clubs have! Leeds and Piggies have ffs come on people  we need to end this season and have a clean sweep. New manager and backroom staff 

Good luck with letting his contract run out

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

You've had since the restart to reconnect with fans Garry. You haven't done it.

I would have settled for far less than top-6 form since the restart... heck I would have settled for mid-table mediocrity form... provided we could see signs of good coaching, good gameplan and good energy from the players. That would have at least given me a reason to get behind you. You couldn't even manage that, and that's why I... and it seems almost every other fan of sane mind... are out.

Please move on... I hope you have a better time of it at your next club.

What's the form table look like since we came back after lockdown???

I'm sure Neil will let us know😉

Just now, full fathom five said:

What's the form table look like since we came back after lockdown???

I'm sure Neil will let us know😉

I'm busy - I don't have time to be pulling up form tables n that right now mate

Let's just forget form tables and look instead at errr... something else?

lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I could tolerate Monk as a manager if I thought he was a master tactician or great coach but from what I’ve seen he doesn’t appear to have a redeeming feature. Basically, I don’t trust him to do a good job, to motivate the players or to have a decent rapport with the press and the supporters. We aren’t going to be an attractive club for new players for a while, and in my opinion, we need a manager who will attract players to the club, something I don’t think Mr Monk is capable of. This season would have been a lot different if Bruce and his team had stayed, we know it and I think deep down Mr Monk knows he has made a lot of mistakes probably beginning with what ever went off around Christmas time.

• Like 2

You’ve got to be a good or indeed lucky manager to drop the likes of Hutchinson and Westwood, and get results with a squad like ours. 

Like Jos, he wasn’t good enough. Principles are very expensive and it cost Jos his job, and Monk might go the same way. 

The only thing that might save him is if DC is pulling the strings on certain decisions.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M Royds said:

How can a manager take away the spine of the team, create an atmosphere of Suspicion amongst the dressing room and supporters, set up a team that loses, and loses heavily with a team of fairly decent players, and still think he has a future at Sheffield Wednesday. 

On your bike. 

Best summary so far

For any/all Owlstalk members who are logged in and want to escape this nightmare check out the dressing room section which has everything in it today from Jesus and the Egyptian Pyramids, to Jim Davidson's racist rant on YouTube, the Cleethorpes Road Train, Mars in 4k, chicken nuggets, the Owlstalk Joke thread, and Sally Cinnamon's heartbreak thread where he tells us how he's been heavily jilted by a Tinder date, crushing his hopes, dreams and breaking his heart..

It's all happening right now in the dressing room section...

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/forum/4-dressing-room/

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For any/all Owlstalk members who are logged in and want to escape this nightmare check out the dressing room section which has everything in it today from Jesus and the Egyptian Pyramids, to Jim Davidson's racist rant on YouTube, the Cleethorpes Road Train, Mars in 4k, chicken nuggets, the Owlstalk Joke thread, and Sally Cinnamon's heartbreak thread where he tells us how he's been heavily jilted by a Tinder date, crushing his hopes, dreams and breaking his heart..

+ Indian restaurants in Whitby..... 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, M Royds said:

How can a manager take away the spine of the team, create an atmosphere of Suspicion amongst the dressing room and supporters, set up a team that loses, and loses heavily with a team of fairly decent players, and still think he has a future at Sheffield Wednesday. 

On your bike. 

This says it all in three lines.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Good luck with letting his contract run out

I thought he had a rolling 1 year contract that should be about to run out if it went until now. BUT if it goes to when he started then SACK HIM IMMEDIATELY!!! 

Just to clarify......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'll give it a miss thanks , 

24 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

I thought he had a rolling 1 year contract that should be about to run out if it went until now. BUT if it goes to when he started then SACK HIM IMMEDIATELY!!! 

Just to clarify......

The clue is in the word 'rolling'...

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers

This 'rolling' contract business.

Surely we have to renew it at the end of the first 12 months - but only if we want to.

If we don't, then that's the end of the contract and Monk goes. 

Or am I missing something? 

15 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Surely we have to renew it at the end of the first 12 months - but only if we want to.

What you're describing seems to be a more conventional fixed term kind of contract, rather than a 'rolling' one. They can take many forms, but in this case I would assume it means the manager permanently has a year remaining on his deal. It protects the club from him running it down and clearing off without notice or compensation and protects the individual by ensuring any termination would come with a year's payoff built in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

You are missing something

For those struggling with the term heres what happens

Monk is given a contract that expires in 1 year.....and always does......so currently it expires on 23rd July 2021.....tomorrow it will expire on 24th July 2021.......on 18th August this year it will expire on 18th August 2021

In effect its like he's got a 'normal' job with a 12 month notice period

If we ever want to get rid we have to pay him 12 months salary

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

You’ve got to be a good or indeed lucky manager to drop the likes of Hutchinson and Westwood, and get results with a squad like ours. 

Like Jos, he wasn’t good enough. Principles are very expensive and it cost Jos his job, and Monk might go the same way. 

The only thing that might save him is if DC is pulling the strings on certain decisions.  

I suspect the last line might have a strong element of truth in it