Message from Garry Monk "I want to reconnect with the fans.."

Guest The Claw

Seems he's here for the long haul so we better get used to it I'm afraid . Who woul logically replace him 'seriously?'.

He's talked all season about mentality, yet here we are at the end of it still talking about the same thing. If he thinks that working on that for a few weeks off field is going to solve what has happened all season & suddenly we're going to become much stronger he's deluded. It's either there or it isn't it's that simple. There are managers who have that sort of man management skills that can improve players, but it really is down to the individual & their character. He isn't going to fix that in a few weeks.

Players often reflect a managers personal style, Klopp, Pep, Wilder!!!! 🙂

The perfect replica of Monk is Lees!!!!

Fresh start, fresh players where we can & start the rebuild. FFS Wednesday don't use the same mortar to hold it all together.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marshy said:

He's talked all season about mentality, yet here we are at the end of it still talking about the same thing. If he thinks that working on that for a few weeks off field is going to solve what has happened all season & suddenly we're going to become much stronger he's deluded. It's either there or it isn't it's that simple. There are managers who have that sort of man management skills that can improve players, but it really is down to the individual & their character. He isn't going to fix that in a few weeks.

Players often reflect a managers personal style, Klopp, Pep, Wilder!!!! 🙂

The perfect replica of Monk is Lees!!!!

Fresh start, fresh players where we can & start the rebuild. FFS Wednesday don't use the same mortar to hold it all together.

I agree Lee...lets have a fresh face in for the rebuild

How can a manager take away the spine of the team, create an atmosphere of Suspicion amongst the dressing room and supporters, set up a team that loses, and loses heavily with a team of fairly decent players, and still think he has a future at Sheffield Wednesday. 

On your bike. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Im willing to give Monk this summer, but he is under huge pressure to get instant results in the next campaign. I would happily see him sacked in October if he doesn't get results from the off. His rebuilt squad should perform and our trust should be repaid, if not we shouldn't wait too long before moving him on. Another half a season like the last and we're down, either to League One or League Two, trial pending. 

He does not have a good managerial record overall, he was given a wealth of talent to choose from and pivotal players have been excluded. He excluded them without any second thought of the consequences on the squad, its morale and how it would perform. We've been god awful since December, and he has shown no signs of getting the best out of any player, although he has brought through some youth players and given them their chance. 

Ultimately, if we are in the Championship next season, we need to be competitive and we should be aiming for the highest possible finish (1st). We should have that winning attitude from the off, the hunger and desire to compete. I don't currently see Monk doing that. He needs to win over everyone very quickly.

Thing is with the ‘see where we are in October’ route, if we are to assume that our post-Xmas form under Monk continues into next season, then we can write off the 20/21 season as yet another relegation battle.

We’ve just had 3 seasons of consecutive relegation battles.  Do we really want a fourth?

3 hours ago, Daz said:

With Monk at the helm we won't need a points deduction to go down next season, as he's more than capable of handing relegation on a platter for us without that kind of help.

To be left with his recruits on 3 year contracts if he is allowed to rebuild is unthinkable. 

Whether he goes or stays come October I wouldn't mind us being left with the calibre of some of his past recruits

Sigurdsson

Cork

Ayew

McBurnie

Roofe

Ayling

Jansson

Assombalonga

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Monks contract is up. We’ve effectively got to extend it. No pay off required. To offer him a new contract now would be an odd one. Wednesday have got a very easy get out here,and don’t have the usual backroom staff to pay off either. It’s time for a fresh start and it needs doing asap as the new season is weeks away. 

I don't think that is correct - I used to think the same, but his contract is essentially ongoing/rolling with a 12 month notice period. Therefore, if he's sacked today, he'll be due 12 months compensation. That's how I see it.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Whether he goes or stays come October I wouldn't mind us being left with the calibre of some of his past recruits

Sigurdsson

Cork

Ayew

McBurnie

Roofe

Ayling

Jansson

Assombalonga

As most of them cost multi millions, some of them 8 figures, I wouldn't worry about that.

Don't think Boro are too chuffed about him spending £16m on Assombalonga though, or the rest of the £50m he spent there making them worse. Imagine if Chansiri gave him £6m to buy a striker and he spent it on Ashley Fletcher. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

As most of them cost multi millions, some of them 8 figures, I wouldn't worry about that.

Don't think Boro are too chuffed about him spending £16m on Assombalonga though, or the rest of the £50m he spent there making them worse. Imagine if Chansiri gave him £6m to buy a striker and he spent it on Ashley Fletcher. 

a bit like when Man United spent millions on Davenport, Wallace, Birtles etc

11 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Look over history - the managers that have had some success with us have been big characters ...

Charlton

Wilkinson

Atkinson

Carvahal

Bruce would have been the next I think.

We need the someone who can galvanise, lead and get everyone going. But who? 

How on earth can you place that one season idiot in the same sentence as the Great managers of the last 50 years?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M Royds said:

How can a manager take away the spine of the team, create an atmosphere of Suspicion amongst the dressing room and supporters, set up a team that loses, and loses heavily with a team of fairly decent players, and still think he has a future at Sheffield Wednesday. 

On your bike. 

Great post from M Royds

• Like 1