Message from Garry Monk "I want to reconnect with the fans.."

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Monk has been dealt a tough hand but he’s not someone like Carlos, Laws or Sturrock to get the fans onside.

4 wins in 23 league games. Only Hull worse than us since Christmas. Time to go

Got to agree.

I do have some sympathy for Monk, on one hand he is trying to clear out the stale squad which we all want but on the other, results are just shocking.

And he seems dull as dishwater.

Time to go.....?

I think it is.

Last night was just brutal.

Monk has failed and needs to be gone by the weekend to afford time for a replacement to be identified. We've had the 12 points deduction hanging over us the entire second half of the season, but Monk and this squad should have got us to the early to mid 60s points haul, therefore absorbing any points deduction. As it stands,  -12 will see us go bottom.

I agree with an earlier post. This club only does well when it has a high profile name in charge - it's as if the manager gives the club its self belief back, that we are still a 'name' in English football. Nigel Pearson would fit that bill, as would Carlos if the truth be told, but my choice would be Paul Cook at Wigan. High profile? Well highly respected and with success on his CV.    

• Like 1

He’s had since Xmas to re connect. 
At no other club would anyone get this leeway. 
Look at some of the sackings already. 
We’ve never looked anything under this guy apart from odd flashes why would it change now. 
Come on DC time to get rid. 

• Like 4

Monks contract is up. We’ve effectively got to extend it. No pay off required. To offer him a new contract now would be an odd one. Wednesday have got a very easy get out here,and don’t have the usual backroom staff to pay off either. It’s time for a fresh start and it needs doing asap as the new season is weeks away. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Monks contract is up. We’ve effectively got to extend it. No pay off required. To offer him a new contract now would be an odd one. Wednesday have got a very easy get out here,and don’t have the usual backroom staff to pay off either. It’s time for a fresh start and it needs doing asap as the new season is weeks away. 

Yes I think so

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

Exactly right, if Chansiri is planning on staying as owner then he must realise it needs a fresh start next season with a new management team to give the fans some optimism.  This season has been awful, losing our manager in the summer, taking an age to replace him with someone average, the best players not playing for various reasons and then awful performances and results since Christmas.  

If he says Monk is staying on next season I know I’m going to struggle for enthusiasm 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Daz said:

With Monk at the helm we won't need a points deduction to go down next season, as he's more than capable of handing relegation on a platter for us without that kind of help.

To be left with his recruits on 3 year contracts if he is allowed to rebuild is unthinkable. 

As ever Daz hits the nail right on the head.

Monk was fired by Swansea, Boro and Brum.

Hopefully today he will be fired by SWFC.

• Thanks 1

I’m not completely heartless, I do feel a certain sympathy for Garry Monk, it was a tough gig. Also, you can tell he cares, and he probably thought this was his big chance, and he desperately wanted to make it work. There have been mitigating circumstances that seem to have conspired against him, but in those tough times, when he needed to learn from the mistakes in his past, he just repeated those mistakes. There are flaws in his character, that he needs to iron out before he has any chance of achieving his goals in management Those flaws were evident, and were one of the reasons I was so against his appointment in the first place

Edited by gurujuan

29 minutes ago, vulva said:

I attended a meeting with Chansiri prior to the lockdown and at that stage our 2020 results weren’t good but DC said he was giving Monk his full support. Therefore my only worry is that he may have already extended his contract into next season.

Time will tell

I'm torn. Until we know what the result of the inquiry is we are going to struggle to appoint a manager, regardless of who that manager is. Certainly wouldn't be able to attract a big name or character. 

Monk has been here for most of a season, didn't have pre season and seems to have walked into a situation that was out of control. Nobody knows what happened with players who were frozen out. We've seen reports from ex players of bullying and racism in the dressing room. I'd rather be relegated than have my son look up to players who do that. As I said though, we don't know what went off. 

I clicked back him in the poll, not because I think he's brilliant or owt, but because I think he's capable of doing a job. That job is sorting out the back rooms and football side of things. The basics that we can expect. I think that with his own people in he can do it. He's here now, nobody else will come until we know what's happening and the new season is going to be here before we know it. 

So glad the neg button doesn't exist 😂