Message from Garry Monk "I want to reconnect with the fans.."

You've had since the restart to reconnect with fans Garry. You haven't done it.

I would have settled for far less than top-6 form since the restart... heck I would have settled for mid-table mediocrity form... provided we could see signs of good coaching, good gameplan and good energy from the players. That would have at least given me a reason to get behind you. You couldn't even manage that, and that's why I... and it seems almost every other fan of sane mind... are out.

Please move on... I hope you have a better time of it at your next club.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You've had since the restart to reconnect with fans Garry. You haven't done it.

I would have settled for far less than top-6 form since the restart... heck I would have settled for mid-table mediocrity form... provided we could see signs of good coaching, good gameplan and good energy from the players. That would have at least given me a reason to get behind you. You couldn't even manage that, and that's why I... and it seems almost every other fan of sane mind... are out.

Please move on... I hope you have a better time of it at your next club.

Do you know what, that pretty much sums up how I feel. It was like, just gimme some kinda sign....

Just told my wife I’d stabbed myself, I was bleeding all over.

She said I shouldn’t let the football get to me like that. Then carried on watching her film.

I said “No you daft bat, I was loading the dishwasher”

Must’ve been a good film.

19 minutes ago, Think tank said:

That’s a different point though.

Any manager who had came in to this club when he did and saw a squad well past it’s sell-by-date, would be looking to get through this season and to start building for next season.  

No manager is going to be lumbered with a squad he doesn’t want for a season and leave when he has the chance to make the changes he wants. 

Irrelevant of the situation he has shown NOTHING to suggest he can turn this around ..simply NOTHING 

One lucky win at home in 2020 ffs

No game plan no enthusiasm no innovative ideas NOTHING 

I'm out 

• Like 1

Difficult this one.

Hes a bit of a fall guy. No assistant, no pre season. Not first choice! No permanent signings yet. 

But the lack of any kind of fighting spirit seen by teams the same or worse than us when really needed is bothering me. This group he had available were the ones who he could rely on to buy into what he is trying to do. Many not good enough perhaps others unsettled. 

I rated him before he came here and it seemed a good appointment at Christmas. However some of the decisions since then have been awful and he has seemed genuinely stumped as have other managers previously.

It would be great if he could show what he has yet to elsewhere and really build something in the transfer window. But I am concerned that when faith is lost in a manager there is only one way to go. Fair or not.

But then again if we do that then we need a replacement ready to step right in with players identified...during a pandemic and with the new season about to start.

I don’t really know what we should do on this one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

MONK.jpg

“I’m not going to shy away from the negativity.."

“I know people can’t see that but I can see that journey.." 

"I want to reconnect with the fans.."

I  want to reconnect with my club with or without monk...difficult time for owls at the moment...change is needed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

Look over history - the managers that have had some success with us have been big characters ...

Charlton

Wilkinson

Atkinson

Carvahal

Bruce would have been the next I think.

We need the someone who can galvanise, lead and get everyone going. But who? 

Carlos never achieved anything 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Is getting rid of Gary really the best plan here? Feel like the next would most likely be some German no name who will achieve nothing then the cycle repeats itself. Unless there is someone really promising out there I cant see getting rid of Monk a step forward