to be fair to garry monk

14 hours ago, steelowl said:

useless if you were a half hearted squad player would he motivate you ?

he got the same charisma of Dave jones-  that of a dead slug 

Joking apart. This is my main concern which I referred to recently. 

We had the points deduction hanging over us & should have been running through walls to do all we could that was within our power to potentially offset any possible deduction that was to maybe come our way. That should have come from the bench.

We looked at best half hearted (played some half decent stuff sporadically) but just didn't look up for it.

We were talking about this the other night, and suggested managers need to be either :- Tactically very astute (Bilelsa), huge presence, Big Ron / Venables, even Bruce types. Or full on motivator / bully types who push & demand effort, commitment. Alex Neill, yeah Warnock. (wash my mouth out).

My main worry is does Monk fit any of these types?

My other worry is we are back to a Carlos scenario where the fan base is divided, which we categorically DO NOT need.

Maybe a clean break with someone who would somehow unite the fan base may be preferable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

That is a whole different can of worms. Don't get me started on Paxo 

We are not allowed to start discussing him are we?

The mysterious man who always seems to be around but doesn't have a defined role.

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Trending upwards

We should keep him if he's showing an upward trend surely?

The one glimmer of hope I have for Monk is his ability to sign players. He did a reasonable job at L**ds. 

Have a read of https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/14-garry-monks-leeds-united-17956498

Some great signing in amongst them.

1 minute ago, heppers said:

The one glimmer of hope I have for Monk is his ability to sign players. He did a reasonable job at L**ds. 

Have a read of https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/14-garry-monks-leeds-united-17956498

Some great signing in amongst them.

He managed Middlesbrough after this, and spaffed a huge summer budget before being fired 6 months later. 

28 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He managed Middlesbrough after this, and spaffed a huge summer budget before being fired 6 months later. 

The same Boro that beat us 2-1 last night? 🙂

Yep, something isn't right about Monk but he is not all bad.

I would like him replaced but the question is by who. It is not necessarily a good move. DC does not have the best track record.

20 minutes ago, heppers said:

The same Boro that beat us 2-1 last night? 🙂

Yep, something isn't right about Monk but he is not all bad.

I would like him replaced but the question is by who. It is not necessarily a good move. DC does not have the best track record.

He has a mixed track record in appointing manager, his most recent one has the worst record of his tenure and led us to 17 points from 23 games.

He had 3 months to reflect on what was wrong from Jan-March and when we came back in December, apparently with renewed positivity and spirit, we picked up 8 points from 9 games and continued to leak goals at an alarming rate.

I am struggling to see any signs of what he can bring to the table. 

29 minutes ago, brando said:

Been informed Houghton took brizzle job,but turned us down,we really are dropping like a stone as a club..!

Bristol City don't have the same financial implications hanging over them as we did at the time Hughton may have been an option and having now spent a year out of the game Hughton may be thinking he can't just sit back and wait for the ideal job to fall in his lap. 

No surprise really.