adelphi1867

OK, Managers names who you think will DEFFINATELY come

For me this is a simple thread.

one stand out candidate has never been sacked as a manager. He has a tremendous win percentage record in this league. He is an expert at coming in and getting results straight away after a manager has been sacked. And only this season his team were sitting top of the league after 4 games before he was cruelly deprived of the managers job.

we all want a bit of Bully !!

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

one stand out candidate has never been sacked as a manager. He has a tremendous win percentage record in this league. He is an expert at coming in and getting results straight away after a manager has been sacked. And only this season his team were sitting top of the league after 4 games before he was cruelly deprived of the managers job.

Were we actually top under Bullen before Monk took over. My memory is not so good. If so the means we can say monk took over a team top of the league and nearly got us relegated. 

Stavros Flately. 

Can’t even say it’s going to be a long pre-season anymore.

25 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Were we actually top under Bullen before Monk took over. My memory is not so good. If so the means we can say monk took over a team top of the league and nearly got us relegated. 

I think some of the flak Bullen gets on here, is way over the top. Don’t underestimate what a tricky situation we were in when Bruce left, but Bullen calmed the situation, saw us through pre season, and had a win rate of 50% before handing over the reins to Monk. 
I’m not saying he is the answer to our managerial woes, but I don’t think he is the problem some make out. It would have been interesting to see how he would have dealt with that situation at Christmas

39 minutes ago, Plonk said:

We were top of the league after 4 games. 3 wins from 4 . Amazing to think sitting here now We were top!

We then messed around as usual and didn't commit to bullen, players and bully had no idea what was going on. Next match Moses chopped down 2 Preston players for 2 pens, we lost when we should have won, which did for bully and dc decided to get a new boss in.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

We were top of the league after 4 games. 3 wins from 4 . Amazing to think sitting here now We were top!

We then messed around as usual and didn't commit to bullen, players and bully had no idea what was going on. Next match Moses chopped down 2 Preston players for 2 pens, we lost when we should have won, which did for bully and dc decided to get a new boss in.

We were 4th after 4 games. Leeds were top with 10 points.

We were top after 2 games after beating poor Reading and Barnsley sides

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

no he didnt ...... we were 11th when arrived 

34 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We were 4th after 4 games. Leeds were top with 10 points.

We were top after 2 games after beating poor Reading and Barnsley sides

Tuesday 20 August we beat Luton in our fourth game of the season and went top.

we were top after 4 games .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no he didnt ...... we were 11th when arrived 

He’s not done too bad then really. 11th to 14 th was it we finished. 

I’d take Bullen over Monk.

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Yeah we then lost the next two games. If you’re going to pick and choose which parts of a managers tenure you are going to judge them in then surely Monk is the right man for the job, after all we were third around Christmas.

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yeah we then lost the next two games. If you’re going to pick and choose which parts of a managers tenure you are going to judge them in then surely Monk is the right man for the job, after all we were third around Christmas.

Had the Chairman not created an environment of uncertainty, which he did by not offering the job to Bullen there and then, we would have been promoted by Christmas

I think Bullen would do well to find himself a top job in a lower league and see if he can prove himself as a manager.

Meanwhile it is interesting if Hughton is going to Bristiol City and Mick McCarthy applied for the job.

I would get Monk out tomorrow and get McCarthy in.

Not the prettiest football but in our situation a few pragmatic wins would be good to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I think Bullen would do well to find himself a top job in a lower league and see if he can prove himself as a manager.

Meanwhile it is interesting if Hughton is going to Bristiol City and Mick McCarthy applied for the job.

Not the prettiest football but in our situation a few pragmatic wins would be good to see.

Monk has had his chance hard times or not we have capitulated so many times under him, time for change and for an established manager I. E Mccarthy, a big club needs big names, time we were back with some intention not acting like a league 1 club. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

His wolves team that got promoted with ebanks - blake and co were good to watch. 

2 hours ago, debram said:

Monk has had his chance hard times or not we have capitulated so many times under him, time for change and for an established manager I. E Mccarthy, a big club needs big names, time we were back with some intention not acting like a league 1 club. 

Met up with my Leeds mate today. They tried small / unambitious managers for so long . Sorted out their aspirations and look where they are now. A manager who gets the best from his squad.

• Like 1

Pearson has to be our top target.

• Like 1