Planning for Next Season

The season is now done, and we now have to start planning for next season right now. 

Points deduction or not, we can start putting the pieces in place for next season straight away. 

Anything about points deductions or the like are just excuses or distractions. What can we do right now that will make us better going forward. 

My suggestions would be:-

Review of the management structure within the club - both playing and non-playing. Hopefully bring in a CEO + others. 

Approach free agents, or those coming towards the end of their contracts, to see who is within a wage structure regardless of what league we are in. 

Positive PR for/with the fans - review ticket prices, food, drink, merchandise, naming of a stand, kit. Get the fans back on side. 

We can moan and whinge all we want, feel sorry for ourselves, or we can look straight to the future, use all the time we have available to build for success. No time like the present (well, maybe get some sleep first). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Agree with CJ.

With the uncertainty about fans, I can see smaller squads with a massive pool of free agents. Some clubs may have to sell to meet FFP so its going to be an interesting summer. Thankfully we've shed quite a few high earners. 

4 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

The season is now done, and we now have to start planning for next season right now. 

Points deduction or not, we can start putting the pieces in place for next season straight away. 

Anything about points deductions or the like are just excuses or distractions. What can we do right now that will make us better going forward. 

My suggestions would be:-

Review of the management structure within the club - both playing and non-playing. Hopefully bring in a CEO + others. 

Approach free agents, or those coming towards the end of their contracts, to see who is within a wage structure regardless of what league we are in. 

Positive PR for/with the fans - review ticket prices, food, drink, merchandise, naming of a stand, kit. Get the fans back on side. 

We can moan and whinge all we want, feel sorry for ourselves, or we can look straight to the future, use all the time we have available to build for success. No time like the present (well, maybe get some sleep first). 

If Review of the management structure is jargon for sack Monk, then fair enough. If not then forget all this complicated stuff and just sack Monk.

• Haha 2

Just now, Steve Down South said:

How can we agree a wage structure without knowing what league we're in?  We can review our structure for sure, but recruitment also dependent on League status (unless we have already identified prospects in League 1 and below, which I very much doubt).

Like I said, there will be players that will fit into either a League 1 or Championship structure - free agents that we could approach. 

Or we could wait until the day we learn about any points deduction, and have everybody else steal a march on us (again). 

I do wonder what on earth is going through our leaders' mind.

He must despair of his decision to buy a football club; thinking it would be an easy return over a couple or so years.

I live in hope that he takes some sensible advice to totally re-structure the club and have a plan, which doesn't include, breaches of the finance rules of the organisation he's a member of, admin or relegation

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

Like I said, there will be players that will fit into either a League 1 or Championship structure - free agents that we could approach. 

Or we could wait until the day we learn about any points deduction, and have everybody else steal a march on us (again). 

If it forces us to look at talent in the lower leagues (on the basis that current Championship players or Premier League loanees are unlikely to come to us with our league status still to be confirmed) then maybe some good will come of it.

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

I do wonder what on earth is going through our leaders' mind.

He must despair of his decision to buy a football club; thinking it would be an easy return over a couple or so years.

I live in hope that he takes some sensible advice to totally re-structure the club and have a plan, which doesn't include, breaches of the finance rules of the organisation he's a member of, admin or relegation

I wouldn't hold your breath mate, it seems to be his way or no way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

If it forces us to look at talent in the lower leagues (on the basis that current Championship players or Premier League loanees are unlikely to come to us with our league status still to be confirmed) then maybe some good will come of it.

I think we have to look overseas, as most half decent lower league players will probably be beyond us

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Monk saying we need to wait on clarity on where we are so we can move forward. 

First bit of clarity would be to thank Garry for his efforts and ask him for the keys to the club Austin Maestro. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2