3 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Maybe you could get a consortium together, raise £300 and bankroll the club for 30 seconds. 

Yes, I probably could get someone to bankroll £300 .

Reyt bargain

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

But didn’t the same man get us within 90 minutes of being a premiership team? The closest we’ve got for 20 years. 

Exactly. But he had knowledgeable advisors who helped him and he listened to. Since then he has either got rid of them or they have left. If he had kept them on then we would be far better off than we are now. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

INEOS are buying us this year

Yes I heard that too, champions league in 3 years 

• Haha 1

The sad fact is we are stuck with Chansiri and unless he gets very lucky with a managerial appointment, we will also be stuck paying stupidly high ticket prices to watch complete and utter garbage.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

The sad fact is we are stuck with Chansiri and unless he gets very lucky with a managerial appointment, we will also be stuck paying stupidly high ticket prices to watch complete and utter garbage.

Regardless of any manager who may be appointed the club is a shambles under Chansiri. Its not just about the on field situation. Off the field needs to be managed successfully and DC hasn't a clue. 

• Like 4

I actually think the best thing Chansiri can do is get a manager with a proven track record, who knows the English game like a Bruce. Maybe Pearson or Jokanovic and give them full control of transfers in and out. Then I think things would improve!

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Or as increasingly the case not paying the stupid high ticket prices. The guy is a disaster but he has made such a total mess of it all that we are stuck with him for the foreseeable.

• Thanks 1

Wednesday....ALWAYS the bridesmaid....he failed....no one ever remembers who came second...COURSE look how 'succesful' the winners of said '90' mins have been eh? 

Edited by parajack

Wednesday doesn’t have a board now. It is owned by one man who, although out of the country more than half the time, makes all the decisions including minor ones such as discount pricing of old stock in the shop. 
He has invested and spent a lot - more than £140 million by my reckoning - and we have no say. For those who wanted to sack the board when we had one, and when nearly all the shares were held locally, those who wished for one rich man owning everything have had their dream turned into our nightmare. Mr Chansiri can and will do exactly what he chooses. Our role is no greater than those who at times attend a concert at the Arena. The soul of our club was sold 10 years ago. 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I actually think the best thing Chansiri can do is get a manager with a proven track record, who knows the English game like a Bruce. Maybe Pearson or Jokanovic and give them full control of transfers in and out. Then I think things would improve!

That's what he SHOULD do but he won't because he's too stubborn to accept he knows knowt about running a football club. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

That's what he SHOULD do but he won't because he's too stubborn to accept he knows knowt about running a football club. 

Apart from that time he told everyone he didn’t know nothing about football 

• Haha 1
Just now, Royal_D said:

Apart from that time he told everyone he didn’t know nothing about football 

So why doesn't he get some advisors to help him? 

1 hour ago, Kevan said:

We are owned by a man who confesses her knows NOTHING about football, yet who won't hire people who do.   It really is a hopeless situation.  Unless he sells up (and if he does, he will have to accept a massive loss on his investment), it's impossible to see how the club can recover from the current situation.  Likely to start next season on somewhere between -21 and -12 points, which is going to make us favourites for relegation and still the overpsend of the last 2 seasons affecting the finances going forward.

This man has flattered to deceive and the overall situation now is nothing short of an utter disaster.  It will be a long, long time before this club is anywhere close to fighting for propmition to the Premier League.   Mind you, the way the Sky / BT money has completely spoiled the professional game, I'm not sure that's altogether a bad thing.

The whole scenario makes me want to find another sport / team to place my loyalty with.  After 55 years supporting the club, that's really saying something.

Good post 

Just now, A12owl said:

So why doesn't he get some advisors to help him? 

He got the guy he thought he needed 

His name was Steve Bruce