9 point deduction sends us down

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

If they announce 9 points now then surely it would look like they have waited until the end of the season to see how many points send us down

likewise, if the points deduction doesn’t send us down then other teams will be saying they have waited to see how many points to deduct that will mean we stay up 

Cant possibly be applied this season 

Agreed.  I Just don’t see how they can deduct this season and should other clubs object the EFL could easily point to this season being exceptionally Different (which no one could disagree with) and they’ve had work to with the circumstances As best they could.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

This.

If we do go down then we only have ourselves to blame.

Weve been atrocious since Xmas.

Pretty sure that, form-wise, this is the worst half season since 74/75 when we ended up with 21 points and finished way adrift at the bottom of the second tier.

Not sure if my reading is correct but this season certainly has that feel about it.

I'm going to get pelters for this but, if we are guilty and the points deduction is 9 points or more, I'd rather take it now and go down than points deducted next season.

A ravaged demoralised squad that has been abysmal since Christmas, not much chance of major incommings due to FFP and covid issues, a joke manager who leaves every club he's been at in a worse position after a bright start.

Can you really see us clawing back any points deficit in the Championship next season? We won't be in the black points wise when the clocks go back.

Start in league 1 on zero points, win a few, attract some good loans for that level, rebuild confidence in our young uns with some wins and maybe even a promotion push would be on the cards. 

Edited by Modfather100

10 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Be honest though LMC can you see us overcoming a deduction of that size given the complete and utter shambles that DC is making of the club?

My fear is that league 1 and 2 won't happen. If we're punished for our owner spending too much money then he's not gonna be happy when the league ask him to spend money because there's no crowds or TV income. 

Better to be in champ on minus 21 than out of business. Give it a season and things will have righted themselves even if we do go down. We'd know what we were going into, now we've no idea. 

The above is proper worst case scenario stuff BTW. As a Wednesday Fan, I'd rather not risk it.