9 point deduction sends us down

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wonder if turning the sports news on tomorrow it will announce we have an 8 points deduction.

Just hoping it’s a fudge job going on here.

EFL know they are in court no matter what action takes place, so they are trying to step up the outcome that can be defended the easiest. I know its with the panel, but this is football one of the most corrupt sports around I wouldn’t be surprised if something’s been agreed behind closed doors.

Giving is 6-8 points deduction will look about right, but ensure we don’t take it then to court and Charlton will struggle to prove that they shouldn’t have gone down. 12 Wigan deduction has happened many times so can be defended.

Then again maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

17 points from 69.

We should be no where near relegation even with a points deduction!

This.

If we do go down then we only have ourselves to blame.

Weve been atrocious since Xmas.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because the same people head into every single thread no matter what it's about and start bleating on about Garry Monk, when we have a thread dedicated especially to just that

Think about it for a second 

Its a forum. They can choose to comment on what they want to without being belittled. Monk has relevance to this thread also.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Send us down we deserve it 

spineless dogshit 

If that’s the best performance we can give when it could be that we needed every point then someone has to stand up and take the blame - goodbye Gary Monk 

pack your bags your management is useless.

• Like 3

9pt deduction is nowt but speculation, same as -12 and -21

Suspect we get no deduction, but if we do and it does relegate us , we deserve it 

2 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

just imagine getting a 9 point deduction now, Warnock would have just sent us down.

No he hasn’t - the truly dismal form we have shown since the back end of last year is what has done for us.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Miffed said:

If they announce 9 points now then surely it would look like they have waited until the end of the season to see how many points send us down

likewise, if the points deduction doesn’t send us down then other teams will be saying they have waited to see how many points to deduct that will mean we stay up 

Cant possibly be applied this season 

Unless they deduct 21 then there's no arguments from anyone.

Plus they set a precedent with Birmingham and minus 9. If guilty we are down I feel now. fizz it. I'm getting pissed.

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

If our lot had shown half the bottle Wigan had over the last few weeks there would be sod all to worry about

Absosoddinlutely.

I’m gonna hide under the stairs tomorrow, hoping there won’t be an announcement. Fear there may be.

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

just imagine getting a 9 point deduction now, Warnock would have just sent us down.

The stupid thing he was going for a draw, not a win. We have sent ourselves down - where the flip was the defence to leave it 2 v 2

32 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'd take that rather than go down. 

Be honest though LMC can you see us overcoming a deduction of that size given the complete and utter shambles that DC is making of the club?

11 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

Unfortunately us being poo from Boxing Day has sent us down.Monk and co should take a long hard look at themselves and then walk.

26 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

We are safe, the timescale before the new season starts doesnt allow for a points deduction due to the appeals process, 21 days for appeal to be put in and then 14 days for appeal to be set up. 

If any deduction is put forward then it will be next season. 

I personally believe we may have broken EFL rules but have complied with Hmrc laws etc, hence the long debate in the decision making process. 

Bang on as I see it.  Wigan down, no pts deduction for Owls or Derby that would affect the relegation positions.  There’s no time to lodge and hear an appeal and anyway the EFL will have its hands full keeping L1 and L2 alive so won’t want an appeal, either from us or them.  I could see 6 pts or a suspended pts deduction.  I’m just pleased this season is over. The EFL charge has been a cloud over the second half of the season and the performances since Bristol City at home have reflected this.  

1 hour ago, Stevelknievel said:

Just hoping it’s a fudge job going on here.

EFL know they are in court no matter what action takes place, so they are trying to step up the outcome that can be defended the easiest. I know its with the panel, but this is football one of the most corrupt sports around I wouldn’t be surprised if something’s been agreed behind closed doors.

Giving is 6-8 points deduction will look about right, but ensure we don’t take it then to court and Charlton will struggle to prove that they shouldn’t have gone down. 12 Wigan deduction has happened many times so can be defended.

Then again maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

IF  we are found guilty, then it will be a much heavier penalty than 6-8 points. The precedent of Brum receiving 9 for a smaller breach of P&S and unlike us, no aggravating circumstances, would mean that we couldn't possibly receive a smaller punishment. More likely it will be significantly higher, whether applied now or next season.

So hope & pray that we have beat the charge, because if we haven't then the panel has little choice but to nail us.

39 points from our first 23 games - 31/32 would've been enough from the remaining 23 games to have finished in the play-offs.

Little more than mid-table form, but all we could manage was another 17 points.

The second half of the season was an unspeakably catastrophic failure.

• Like 2