9 point deduction sends us down

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

If they announce 9 points now then surely it would look like they have waited until the end of the season to see how many points send us down

likewise, if the points deduction doesn’t send us down then other teams will be saying they have waited to see how many points to deduct that will mean we stay up 

Cant possibly be applied this season 

You're making the mistake of using logic.

This is the EFL we're talking about remember. Logic removed

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not a Monk thread this mate

Feel free to use the Monk thread to pour your hate out for him tho

Monk has played his part though. 

We should have stayed up with a 12 point deduction at least.

Our form is unforgivable.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

No points deduction this season...be interesting to see what happens at the start of next though. 

sports journalists are stil reporting in favour of the clubs in question rather than the EFL.   

Interestingly Geoff stelling hasn't mentioned our potential points deduction when going through the table 🤔🤔

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

If guilty I'd rather take it on the chin and go down this season than have the whole of next season ruined by a points deduction that is so great it can't be overcome (i.e. the rumoured 21 pts).

I really think that would be unwise, depending on what happens with covid, league 1 may have all sorts of issues due to the smaller clubs finances, I’d rather we stayed well away from that.

i also don’t think we will get deducted 21 points (though I am just guessing).

1 minute ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Why does it matter which thread he comments in? His opinion is based on this thread.

Because the same people head into every single thread no matter what it's about and start bleating on about Garry Monk, when we have a thread dedicated especially to just that

Think about it for a second 

Owlstalk Shop

The result, and end of season, that truly sums up this team, management, ownership and club.

An absolute calamity.

And now we wait like idiots for the icing on the cake - a comedy sized frying pan to the head in the form of a hefty points deduction.

How on earth has it come to this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are safe, the timescale before the new season starts doesnt allow for a points deduction due to the appeals process, 21 days for appeal to be put in and then 14 days for appeal to be set up. 

If any deduction is put forward then it will be next season. 

I personally believe we may have broken EFL rules but have complied with Hmrc laws etc, hence the long debate in the decision making process. 

Got a funny feeling that we won’t go down but if we do we deserve everything we get absolutely dross throughout the entire season and we can’t always blame the manager the players are out there given it not even 50%Get rid of the majority of the team and start again

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Fock that 

at least we can have a pop at it 

Lol.. so 50 points is generally what’s needed. In the 20 years since we’ve been relegated, we’ve had 16 seasons in the championship and only twice we’ve got more than 71 points. The two seasons when we actually had decent players and manager.

Given we’ve now released nearly all of our top half standard players bar Bannan and Iorfa, there’s nothing at all to suggest we can get 71. In fact, I’m worried about getting 50 if the last 23 games are anything to go by.

Theres no merit in spending 12 months in the relegation zone with zero prospect of staying up, to then inevitably be relegated to League 1 for 2021/22.

Might as well start 2020/21 in League 1 with no points deduction and begin the rebuild. We might even be back in the championship for 2021/22 if that was the case

This seasons table is done, Wigan can appeal but they’re in administration it’s open and shut the appeal will fail.

The bookies will pay out.

If we are guilty and I believe we have done nothing wrong, any punishment will be next season. 

19 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

The EFL said the one relegated today are the ones that are down, if Wigan have to wait for an appeal why have their 12 been taken off, shouldn’t Barnsley be down? 

Wigan are down.  That's the default.  They have to win their appeal to overturn it.

Not the other way round.  

• Thanks 1