Minus 21 points

If we're in the market for a decent player is he going to favour a move to the team who have an ambition of challenging for the playoffs (basically, most of the division) or the club which might not even have zero points by Christmas?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Serlbyowl said:

Could we survive a points deduction of this scale next season?

Since being promoted to the championship we have only 2 in that time got more than 70 points if you work on 50 to avoid relegation then from -21 you would be needing 70 points or at the very least 65.

Highly unlikely, though next season Wycombe, Rotherham and Coventry will be promoted expect Rotherham to be as crap as usual and Wycombe to not be much better so 40 -43 may be enough to stay up as the Co-Vid affect could also lead to teams having weaker squads.

Edited by room0035

I think we'd struggle with any points deduction, considering the way we've caved since hearing about the EFL charge, many of the current squad would not be up for the challenge. Good job we've cleared many out but I fear for the standard of new arrivals. With the likes of Rhodes and Westwood still commanding the equivalent of 4/5 good championship player wages between them, I'd be very worried with 21 points down to start.

Guest LondonOwl313
14 minutes ago, prowl said:

We would need play off form to stay up. Difficult in a transition year. We'd need to play as well as we did in Carlos's first 2 seasons.

Agreed.. and that would be practically impossible now that all the best players have left