Keiran Lee farewell performance.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I will be well hacked off if we bin Lee off having given Pessy a new contract. 

yeah but Pelupessy is reliable and injury free....no I can't even joke about it. I'd rather have KL start for 5 games than Ppessy for a season.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

He would’ve made a good midfielder in the Premier League I’m amazed we didn’t get big bids for him after Carlos’ first season. I can’t think of another midfielder like him in this league. Possibly my favourite Wednesday player I’ve personally ever seen

Guest hirstysfags

Bristol City every time. Such a bonkers evening that ended in mayhem due to his late run in the box.

#standard

(I hate using hashtags as well but this deserved it).

It's obvious we're in another embargo.  The only thing we've done is trigger JP's extension.  I would imagine KL will be offered the chance of a new contract when we're allowed.

Back on topic.  The 3rd goal against Bristol City for me.

Guest Theboylangers
2 hours ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

we'll find out later, very strange timing but the club want to see him before the match tonight (which he's starting) he thinks it's to let him know what's going on

Keep us posted please.

I know you're closely connected.

28 minutes ago, Django said:

Absolutely love Keiren Lee. Surely worth another year as a squad player 

Defo,we have so much deadwood who 1 or 2 on here talk about em like they are quality,KL is, quality,surely we need him for next season..above most of what we have left in the squad..

That goal against Brighton was technically superb and never got the credit it deserved by the pundits that night. Better than Wallace’s.

Think it’s fair to say that Lee could have easily told us to sod it in the 2016-17 season and sat out the games when he was struggling with his hip. If he’d have done that and got the treatment he needed when he needed it, and it did prevent the issues that arose further, then I have no doubt that Lee would have been signed by a team who DID go up to the PL.

In effect, he gave up some glorious potential years to remain as dedicated as he could for this club.

Quiet, understated, never one for the limelight. I really will miss him if it does turn out to be his last game. Never let us down, never put it anything less than 100%. 

• Love 2

If I say KL scrapes into my top 30 all time Wednesday players that's only because I've been a fan for over 60 years & I've seen a few SW greats in my time. Absolutely love the guy & if, as seems highly likely, we're playing League One football in a couple of months I'd be very pleased if he helped us out because I'm sure at that level he could still do a job. As for his goals like many on here the BC one was a classic because Wallace supplied a beautiful pass to KL who found all the space he needed - poetry! Goals against Brighton, Forest & Leeds also warm the cockles! If he is on his way - thanks so much Keiron - model professional - terrific player.

• Like 2

let’s also remember that we signed him as a RIGHT BACK on a free transfer from Oldham. He had a spectacularly underwhelming start to his career here. And then he moved to midfield.

God I love him.

Saddens me that he and Nuhiu (and Hutchinson) won’t get the send offs that Wallace and Loovens got. Of course it’s out of anyone’s  control. 

I really hope it’s commemorated on social media and we get a final interview of sorts 

• Love 1