Keiran Lee farewell performance.

If we're playing a 3 in the middle then I think he's still got something to offer, another year for me.

Totally understand if the club decide not to but can't deny I'll be gutted to see him go. A fantastic footballer who never got anywhere near the credit he deserved outside the club.

Edited by Dunkstar
Bloody autocorrect

Lee is one of those footballers that does the simple things well. That's about it. And then when you watch him, you realise how much of a quality player that one simple aspect makes him. Consistent. Keeping things ticking over. Harrying the opposites when its appropriate. Seemingly in the right place more often than not. Excellent engine.

He is such an understated player on the pitch, but he just plays football so well. I said a few years ago he wouldn't look out of place in a Barcelona team, and as hyperbolic as it seems I stand by that... he never seems to misplace the 15 yard pass, seems to have fantastic awareness of what's around him and works incredibly hard for the team as a whole. The kind of player who allows the others around him to play their game... and pick up 5 goals a season from ghosting into the box and calmly burying the simple finish... with extreme reliability.

I'm sceptical he can have another 12 months for us... regardless what his future holds, I truly hope he ends up getting 30+ games next season and the fans of whatever team he plays for can appreciate the honest graft he offers. He deserves to play football and have fun.

Thanks so much Mr Lee for being my all time favourite Wednesday player and being a joy to watch in the few short years I've been a fan.

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Is this his last day at the club?

Looks like it. Have to say I'll be gutted to see him leave, defo my favourite player since the 90s.

Thoughts and memories of KL 5?  

we'll find out later, very strange timing but the club want to see him before the match tonight (which he's starting) he thinks it's to let him know what's going on

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Since the 90s? That’s some statement... He’s a very good player but I think we’ve had better:

Bannan 

Westwood

Semedo

Loovens

Hooper 

Wallace 

Although to be fair, Favourite doesn’t always mean ‘best’, big dave was one of my favourite players 😂

I'd put Lee above all those. He had been outstanding and so consistent. 

1 minute ago, markg said:

I'd put Lee above all those. He had been outstanding and so consistent. 

Lee above Bannan? You can’t say that Kieran Lee has been consistent when he’s been out the side for the past 18 months up until the restart

Give him a year,our midfield looks very lightweight without him..Deserves a year...Like another post,Pessy 1 year contract,,,,Lee see ya later.....cant make it up......He'll help the new players out by showing them how to run box to box for 90 mins ..Unbelievable engine....

UTO....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Lee above Bannan? You can’t say that Kieran Lee has been consistent when he’s been out the side for the past 18 months up until the restart

Yes I'd have him above bannan.

But yes I get your point, I'm talking about Lee before the injuries I suppose. 

• Like 1

the only person who should be leaving after tonight is MONK, he was the wrong candidate from the very day he started.

He has a worse record than Jos and he still does not play the strongest side.

I am an OWL through and through, 62 yrs supporting but this manager is terrible.

If it gets him the sack  then i dont mind the lads getting hammered tonight.☹️

Edited by Cheesy Owl
spelling
  • Like 1

Injuries were a huge shame as he was a class act. Had the knack of running beyond the lines and finding himself unmarked 10 yards out. 

One thing we've missed is the ability for a midfielder to push on past the forwards instead of playing deep.

Great player, intelligent and made football look easy at times. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I remember the days where he was always the player that people would drop. 

When we had Bannan, Lopez, Hutch he was always the one people would leave out, I remember commenting on how a thread was a 'badly disguised 'drop Lee' thread'

Regardless of that, I'm glad that those who didn't appreciate him before eventually did.

I'd love to see him stay but the fact he has disappeared off the face of the Earth as soon as fixtures got heavy is unfortunately the final nail in the coffin of his career here for me.

1 hour ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

To be fair Joey has looked a player in these last two games. Hope he can keep it up. 

My worry with KL is that he'd need to be nursed in terms of his appearances. Can we afford that? I'd also hate to see him become a shadow of his former self and fans getting on his back.

Hope I'm wrong but I suspect we might already have seen his last game in a Wednesday shirt.

He has been better, but he has looked far from 'a player'

Especially in a game that we shipped 5 goals with him at DCM.

1 hour ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

To be fair Joey has looked a player in these last two games. Hope he can keep it up. 

My worry with KL is that he'd need to be nursed in terms of his appearances. Can we afford that? I'd also hate to see him become a shadow of his former self and fans getting on his back.

Hope I'm wrong but I suspect we might already have seen his last game in a Wednesday shirt.

Joey has looked like he usually does , an out of depth trier , I can only think the club has signed him because he is cheap as chips 

• Like 1