Keiran Lee farewell performance.

Be interesting to see if he’s offered anything,  lot will depend on which way club is going with recruitment 

As a squad player for me he’s worth a deal 

Have to admit I have a massive amount of "Man Love" for this guy. Easily our best midfielder of the last 10 years. If we had have been promoted under the Clown then I think he would have been the only outfield player we had capable of making the step up to the Premier League. Speaking of the Clown, I'll always believe it was him rushing him back against Huddersfield in the play off semi that finished him with that injury yet there's loads of idiots on here that think he's the best manager we've ever had.

Would like KL to be offered a coaching role at the club, would like to think he'd accept as well. Great servant to the club who never let us down. Favourite memory was his last minute winner against Bristol a few seasons ago now. Even in injury time he still had the drive to run the length of the pitch to get the winner.

Good times.

If you do go Kieran, thanks for everything and I wish you good health with the hip, and a happy retirement with your family. You're welcome at Hillsborough any time.

Edited by Steelman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I will be well hacked off if we bin Lee off having given Pessy a new contract. 

Never thought of that and you're bang on.

JoeyPissypussy isn't fit to lick Kieran Lee's boots clean with his tongue.

• Like 2

Pelupessy got a contract extension of 1 year because he is cheap and who knows we might need bodies, no one really knows how this window might go when it opens again, we know he's not good enough to be in the starting 11 week in week out but it was a sensible option, likewise Lee he won't be on massive wages and would likely take a cut, He's a homebird, for the right contract he would stay regardless. People saying we will only get so many games out of him blah blah blah, like we did like with Forestieri, Hooper, Abdi etc? paying them a fortune while doing it, a cheap option in Lee who can still offer us something going into unprecedented times, i'd give him another year.

• Love 1

Was superb in the first two seasons under Carlos. Certainly one of the 2 or 3 top performers in our squad at that time. 

Unfortunately never really recovered from his injury and nowhere near the player he once was.

Could perhaps continue to be useful on a one year contract if he's wages are low.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Is this his last day at the club?

Looks like it. Have to say I'll be gutted to see him leave, defo my favourite player since the 90s.

Thoughts and memories of KL 5?  

Since the 90s? That’s some statement... He’s a very good player but I think we’ve had better:

Bannan 

Westwood

Semedo

Loovens

Hooper 

Wallace 

Although to be fair, Favourite doesn’t always mean ‘best’, big dave was one of my favourite players 😂

Brilliant, brilliant player. One of few from the play off season I’m genuinely sad to see go.

Arrived as a 2nd choice RB behind Buxton to being one of the best box to box midfield players in the division between 2015-2017. 

The start of the decline at Wednesday coincided with him getting injured in 17/18. Unfortunately that 18 months out has taken its toll. Despite the odd good performance he’s not been the same Kieran Lee.

He’s a player we’ve missed immensely. Give me a Kieran Lee over a Barry Bannan any day of the week. 

• Like 1