Wednesday -V- Middlesbrough

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

But who?.

It matters not a jot who we get he will have only till Xmas 2020, and if we are not challenging, in which ever division we are in you will be calling for him to go.

No the football has been painful to watch all season, we don't start playing till the second half, awful team selections, no tactics, players without a clue how to defend or attack. They look like a team of strangers, not one that has played together for 5 years.

To many mediocre players, replacing better players. Westwood dropped for a few off performance, but Dawson then Wildsmith undroppable when conceding bucket loads. Pelupessy not good enough for the league but Hutch not allowed to play. Harris not assist or scored for 24 games, yet other get dropped after 1 game if they don't score. The list goes on of how bad Monk's team is.

He has to go and Bullen, Weaver and the rest need to go with them.

Rowett in.

We as fans can not stand by and allow this shower of shi t to continue any longer.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well the toxic atmosphere at Hillsborough excuse has been firmly put to bed. (Unless of course the new excuse is the toxic atmosphere on Owlstalk is to blame).

The defining moment of the season in hindsight, the departure of Steve Bruce. Monk hasn't impressed, to put it mildly.! 

i've argued against that idea which was just an excuse 

If a crowd 100% behind the club works - how come we dont win every match away?  given that amazing vocal support 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The players showed him no respect. They didn’t listen to him, and he couldn’t get a performance out of them.

That might say a lot about the players, but it also proves Monk is not up to the job of managing Sheffield Wednesday.

Sign Murphy. Get rid of the rest of the playing squad bar the youngsters. Sack monk and all his coaching team. Hire people who can run a football club properly until Mr C sells up and sods off.

Job done.

That more than any single area is where we go wrong Simon. We have a megalomaniac owner who simply won't get the people in that can do the job properly. Until that changes we are on a very steep downward spiral.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Seriously? Anybody with some passion and enthusiasm for starters or someone who can organise a team. Stuart Gray, Dingle Mick, Paul Cook..the list is endless...this loser needs to go for a myriad of reasons

The point I am making is that there is one hell of a rebuilding job needed at Hillsborough.

It wont be done in 1,2 or, even,3 seasons, with a lot of up's and downs, which manager/coach will be given the time to complete that?.

As some one has posted before, Leeds, Blades, Barnsley and Rotherham will be above us if we get deducted 9 point's or more, how long will the Wednesday Fans give any future Manager/ coach?.

The atmosphere at Hillsborough has been Toxic for the last 3 seasons, and more, the carlos season just papered over the cracks and maybe at last our fans will understand that we are not very good at trying to buy success, or safety, we are world class at wasting money on players.

Edited by adelphi1867

Just now, Utah Owl said:

That more than any single area is where we go wrong Simon. We have a megalomaniac owner who simply won't get the people in that can do the job properly. Until that changes we are on a very steep downward spiral.

You might be right Leon

As said before and time and time again

Hire a senior leadership team to run the club 

I can’t believe Chansiri doesn’t see this - does he actually want a ROI?

Its not worked for 5 years running it yourself mate - its not going to start now. Hire a team and let them do their jobs

• Like 3

What a way to end the season .

god we have been hopeless. It’s hard to know where to start.

players who can now relax and say they did ok

murphy 

nuhiu

judas fletcher 

the youths shaw, hunt, urhoghide

those who were inconsistent and patchy , will have regrets

luongo

bannan

iorfa

all goalies 

borner

palmer

harris
lee

fox

windass

hutchinson

the group of shame. Hopeless in the main. 

rhodes

reach

winnall

forestieri

lees

wickham

da cruz

joey p

moses

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JOWL75 said:

Less than 6 weeks to sort this mess out if the EFL go with end of August start. I don't think we'd be ready for League 1 let alone the Championship. Absolute shambles.

I think I’ll get a load of bog roll in, stay indoors and wait for a vaccine.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

What a way to end the season .

god we have been hopeless. It’s hard to know where to start.

players who can now relax and say they did ok

murphy 

nuhiu

judas fletcher 

the youths shaw, hunt, urhoghide

those who were inconsistent and patchy , will have regrets

luongo

bannan

iorfa

all goalies 

borner

palmer

harris
lee

fox

windass

hutchinson

the group of shame. Hopeless in the main. 

rhodes

reach

winnall

forestieri

lees

wickham

da cruz

joey p

moses

Harsh on Winnall. He was never been given a fair chance when he was here. 

Harsh on Joey too. He's always done his best he's just not good enough. 

Edited by Stokey

obviously monks hands are tied when it comes  to getting  rid of those still in contract so unless paxo can come up trumps   expectation isnt going to be high for next season . ...... this is were he  needs to earn his commission and advise chansiri to start wheeling and dealing coz what we've seen since crimbo is unacceptable .

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

I'm not sure Monk is the right person, but I'll say this again. Put guardiola or klopp in charge of this lot and nothing would change.

Maybe not guardiola or Klopp, but I’m sure there are other managers out there who are able to put together a hard to beat lower championship/league one team. Stuart Gray did it.

1 minute ago, Stokey said:

Harsh on Winnall. He's never been given a fair chance since he's been here. 

He's been sheite when called on this season, far too fat and slow, very unprofessional.