Wednesday -V- Middlesbrough

6 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Still not sure where we stand. Surely now the final whistles have gone the season has finished and we can't be relegated!? any points deduction has to be applied at the start of the new season, can't back date them otherwise where do you draw the line. 

Not so sure on that. If i had to gamble £100k on it id have 75k on you being correct and 25k on the Independent pannel screwing us over.

Wigan are going to get theor 15 point deduction this even. We are technically in a different boat.

2 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

If go down, that will mean Barnsley, Blades and Leeds are all in leagues above us. I’m close to being done with football.

Be just like the season in league one under Irvine

Even Doncaster were above us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cardiffowl06 said:

I fear that's relegation for us. If guilty, 9pts sees us down. 

Monk has been a dreadful manager. His man management absolutely devastated our squad halfway through the season. We don't need a new keeper, we've got Westwood. He's been treated terribly. 

Monk does not deserve the chance of building his own squad here. He's shown he is incapable of achieving results with a squad which had plenty of investment in it.

Dreadful second half to the season, one of the worst seasons since I started following Wednesday.

The players showed him no respect. They didn’t listen to him, and he couldn’t get a performance out of them.

That might say a lot about the players, but it also proves Monk is not up to the job of managing Sheffield Wednesday.

Sign Murphy. Get rid of the rest of the playing squad bar the youngsters. Sack monk and all his coaching team. Hire people who can run a football club properly until Mr C sells up and sods off.

Job done.

• Like 3

Just now, room0035 said:

We need a manager who can work on a show string and get the best out of not alot. 

Stuart Gray would have finished higher in the table with this squad this season than Monk has. Yet he got binned for not being good enough.

But who?.

It matters not a jot who we get he will have only till Xmas 2020, and if we are not challenging, in which ever division we are in you will be calling for him to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Just watching it back now.

What the hell is he doing? Iorfa slips a little but is still in range of the man out wide but Leeds comes storming across with no chance of stopping a cross and leaves a striker completely on his own in the penalty area. 

I thought the first Boro goal beggared belief but Lees, compounded by Widsmith's biscuit wrists tops it.

Spot on, the guy is a complete and utter walking disaster. Weak, no strength, shocking positional sense, always moaning he's getting fouled, man up for goodness sake.

Pay him off and wave goodbye.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I am sick of posters coming up with that reply.

Please name some one?.

IF Monk goes, who ever comes in will have the bare bones of a squad, he will not know who cares or is good enough or will have to bring in 15 or so players and guess where we need strengthening.

But Monk has proven consistently that he cannot get this group of players to perform.

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Chansiri get rid of Monk. We have faith in you for the rebuild. UTO

Don’t include me in the ‘We’ please. I don’t trust him to do anything right. His only possible salvation will be to move on completely or move over and let somebody who knows how to run a football club run it for him. Then again, we’d have to trust him to pick that person.

Sorry I’m not usually so negative but these are testing times.

• Like 2

Well the toxic atmosphere at Hillsborough excuse has been firmly put to bed. (Unless of course the new excuse is the toxic atmosphere on Owlstalk is to blame).

The defining moment of the season in hindsight, the departure of Steve Bruce. Monk hasn't impressed, to put it mildly.! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, slow83 said:

2 points from 5..... FIVE home games post lockdown and 8 points from 9 games in total. What an absolute load of garbage. If Monk had any backbone or integrity he’d resign tonight

Fans fault we play poorly at home though apparently..........