Monk on forward planning ...

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Plans for next season should already have been done, irrespective of what division we are in. If they havent its too late.

After tonights game we should be implementing whatever plan that is, not trying to plan it.

I hope various plans are in place, taking into account all the different scenarios. They would need to be so diverse though, that you couldn’t expect Monk to comment on them, especially as he doesn’t know whether or not they will involve him

• Like 1

Don’t really see an issue with what he’s said

Planning for next season is obviously under way. We have seen players released, players refuse and also sign new contracts and also we are reportedly close to signing the kid from Man City

I’d expect Nuhiu and Lee to be released by the end of the week

I think what Monk is trying to get across is that planning for next season is temporarily on hold and all focus is going on winning the final game, which to me is where it should be

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I hope various plans are in place, taking into account all the different scenarios. They would need to be so diverse though, that you couldn’t expect Monk to comment on them, especially as he doesn’t know whether or not they will involve him

I dont expect him to comment on what they are, thats fine.

However as a club we only have 2 scenarios for next season, championship or Div 1. He know the formation he wants to play, he has already said it. Therefore he should have a list of players he wants to play that formation next season dependant on Division. The players should be listed according to budget. Thats it. If its not monk next season then the club needs to have a plan what they are going to do. 

17 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Whatever he is saying - planning will have been done and decisions will have been made.

I really cant believe anyone would think otherwise. lol

Because it hasnt happened for a good few years and 'if' it has then its been dross

11 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

"We’ve still got another game left, we need to get all that work done, focus only on that. Those three points are the only thing we need to think about right now, from this last game.

“Then we will work out what the future is beyond that for everyone, but that’s not my focus right now.

“I can’t talk about all of those things right now, we’re still in this congested period and now with this one game left we have to put our focus into that.

“After that decisions will be made.”

Is this sensible? 

Does he really think it's a good idea to focus on what is essentially a meaningless game rather than the bigger picture of who he wants to stick around?

Are we letting other clubs get on with the business of approaching potential.targets while we complete the formalities of a meaningless fixture before giving the transfer market a second thought?

Or are his hands just completely tied and he's been told we can't do anything until the EFL case is done?

It’s a better idea than saying I’m too busy planning for the future to worry about the game tonight.

Imagine what his critics would make of that if Colin’s current team put us in League 1.

4 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Chansiri has never seemed to have much appetite for a managerial search.

He procrastinated over sacking Carlos and Jos and took forever to realise Bullen wasnt the man.

I think he'll stick.

I still wonder if the big problem appointing Monk was our financial position within the league's restrictions. Given standard practice, the lack of backroom changes and our transfer activity since then, it's possible such conditions were a problem in getting someone to agree to taking the role.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

"We’ve still got another game left, we need to get all that work done, focus only on that. Those three points are the only thing we need to think about right now, from this last game.

“Then we will work out what the future is beyond that for everyone, but that’s not my focus right now.

“I can’t talk about all of those things right now, we’re still in this congested period and now with this one game left we have to put our focus into that.

Is this sensible? 

Does he really think it's a good idea to focus on what is essentially a meaningless game rather than the bigger picture of who he wants to stick around?

Are we letting other clubs get on with the business of approaching potential.targets while we complete the formalities of a meaningless fixture before giving the transfer market a second thought?

Or are his hands just completely tied and he's been told we can't do anything until the EFL case is done?

Come on Rumblelows, you don't believe that do you?

That is just to fend off questions from the media

Monk will know exactly who is staying and who is going

And judging by Bannan's recent tweet, the players know too

He'll have made contact with several agents and managers

There's already one signing in the pipeline that we all know about, how can that be if he's not looking at the bigger picture

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

5 hours ago, billyblack said:

This isnt hard for me. I dont know our club finds it so frecking hard. 6 months ago we should have been looking at the team for next season for league 1 and the championship, what that budget would look like, shortlisted players for positions etc. Shower of useless cretins. The club deserves to be in the shitestate its in. If its not monk doing this as he may not be here than a director of football  should have been doing it.

They've done all those things so will you apologise to the "shower of useless cretins" .Admit it,you've absolutely no idea what youre talking about have you?

1 minute ago, pioowl said:

They've done all those things so will you apologise to the "shower of useless cretins" .Admit it,you've absolutely no idea what youre talking about have you?

Have they, thats great.

Can i just ask how you know that?

14 hours ago, oldishowl said:

How can it be meaningless when it could determine which league we are in next season 

We know what league we'll be in next season...the Championship. Whether it's with a points deduction or a big fine that's the question.

15 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Is this sensible? 

Classic deflecting tactic, they have already lined up fifteen Premier players, he has a war chest of 50m to spend.

Get straped in.

4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

How have you come to that conclusion?

Wednesday's hearing in front of an independent panel was held in June. Though expected last week, a verdict is still to be announced.

If Wednesday are unsuccessful, punishments range from a financial penalty to a points deduction, which could be as high as 21. Depending whether Wigan's 12-point penalty is taken from their current total, Wednesday are either eight or 10 points above the relegation zone. They have a better goal difference than Luton, but a worse one than Wigan.

However, as with Wigan, either party would have 14 days to appeal against any decision, with a hearing required within 21 days. It effectively means the case could run for a further five weeks after a verdict is announced.

The actual end of the season from an administrative standpoint is the EFL annual general meeting, which is due to be held in the middle of August.

It means there is now no guarantee the sanction could be applied this season, even if Wednesday were deducted points.

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Wednesday's hearing in front of an independent panel was held in June. Though expected last week, a verdict is still to be announced.

If Wednesday are unsuccessful, punishments range from a financial penalty to a points deduction, which could be as high as 21. Depending whether Wigan's 12-point penalty is taken from their current total, Wednesday are either eight or 10 points above the relegation zone. They have a better goal difference than Luton, but a worse one than Wigan.

However, as with Wigan, either party would have 14 days to appeal against any decision, with a hearing required within 21 days. It effectively means the case could run for a further five weeks after a verdict is announced.

The actual end of the season from an administrative standpoint is the EFL annual general meeting, which is due to be held in the middle of August.

It means there is now no guarantee the sanction could be applied this season, even if Wednesday were deducted points.

So when you say there is “ no guarantee “ what you actually mean is the points deduction could still happen this season, especially as the league could be under threat of legal action if they don’t apply it this season.

And as we don’t know how many points we might get , or not, any scenario is still possible.