Monk on forward planning ...

If I was a betting man I would think there’s a strong chance there’ll be a club statement tomorrow or Friday to say we’ve parted ways with Monk.  

I feel he’s been left in charge to oversee these last few games but I can’t believe Chansiri is happy about how things have gone since Christmas. 

It will be an interesting fall out from the season tho, different players? different manager? different league? different ownership? Most likely silence for weeks and another 500 pages clocked up on Owlstalk. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

He’s man managing. He needs all his squad to be motivated for the match - including those who won’t have their contracts renewed.

Be patient. It’s only one day.

I'm curious to see if Nuhiu is announced at another club on Thursday.

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If I was a betting man I would think there’s a strong chance there’ll be a club statement tomorrow or Friday to say we’ve parted ways with Monk.  

I feel he’s been left in charge to oversee these last few games but I can’t believe Chansiri is happy about how things have gone since Christmas. 

It will be an interesting fall out from the season tho, different players? different manager? different league? different ownership? Most likely silence for weeks and another 500 pages clocked up on Owlstalk. 

Chansiri has never seemed to have much appetite for a managerial search.

He procrastinated over sacking Carlos and Jos and took forever to realise Bullen wasnt the man.

I think he'll stick.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

41 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

He’s man managing. He needs all his squad to be motivated for the match - including those who won’t have their contracts renewed.

Be patient. It’s only one day.

Should have thought about that in December though

This isnt hard for me. I dont know our club finds it so frecking hard. 6 months ago we should have been looking at the team for next season for league 1 and the championship, what that budget would look like, shortlisted players for positions etc. Shower of useless cretins. The club deserves to be in the shitestate its in. If its not monk doing this as he may not be here than a director of football  should have been doing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

This isnt hard for me. I dont know our club finds it so frecking hard. 6 months ago we should have been looking at the team for next season for league 1 and the championship, what that budget would look like, shortlisted players for positions etc. Shower of useless cretins. The club deserves to be in the shitestate its in. If its not monk doing this as he may not be here than a director of football  should have been doing it.

If the links in the press are correct, we probably have been doing that behind the scenes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Club run pi55 poor from top to bottom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Are you kidding? He talked about planning publically in January it backfired. The last thing he wants is for that to happen again.

We know the planning is still going on behind the scenes with Nuhiu leaving and the youngster from City coming in 

If you think that outburst was him discussing his carefully thought out plan on how he was going to take the club forward then I despair. And now on the last day of the season, he is not even discussing his future plan? OK.

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If the links in the press are correct, we probably have been doing that behind the scenes

Call me a pessimist, thats probably just the media creating work for themselves. I hope you are right, but honestly, i have yet to see something that gives me confidence thats the case. 

Another thing, if we do plan, why do we always make the majority of our signings, on the last couple of days of the transfer window? A lot of them panic loans which we never end up using. Just knee jerk, car crash management. If you have targets go and get them. We sit and wait to see whats left. Going through the bins at the end of the night.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Call me a pessimist, thats probably just the media creating work for themselves. I hope you are right, but honestly, i have yet to see something that gives me confidence thats the case. 

Another thing, if we do plan, why do we always make the majority of our signings, on the last couple of days of the transfer window? A lot of them panic loans which we never end up using. Just knee jerk, car crash management. If you have targets go and get them. We sit and wait to see whats left. Going through the bins at the end of the night.

Well er, yes, our previous recruitment strategy has been extremely poor. Of course it could just be media waffle, but most of the players we’ve been linked with, have been very different to our previous targets, so I’m hopeful

If I were a football manager I would want to talk to my players, 1 to 1, on a regular basis to understand their hopes and fears for the present and the future so that I had a good, up to date, idea of the players I wanted playing for me and of those that wanted to play for me.

...and then I'd tell the press that all our focus was on the next game.

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

There's definitely been some of that, but we did get Harris and Odubajo in early doors last year, whether you rate them or not!

No real point listening to what Monk says at this stage. He’s not in control he simply picks 11 players to play. He has very little say over the future for himself let alone the team or club. He’s a DC man that’s for sure.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well er, yes, our previous recruitment strategy has been extremely poor. Of course it could just be media waffle, but most of the players we’ve been linked with, have been very different to our previous targets, so I’m hopeful

All i can say is, i hope you are correct.

55 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Chansiri has never seemed to have much appetite for a managerial search.

He procrastinated over sacking Carlos and Jos and took forever to realise Bullen wasnt the man.

I think he'll stick.

This is also my fear. 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

There's definitely been some of that, but we did get Harris and Odubajo in early doors last year, whether you rate them or not!

Bruce brought them in didnt he with his team, part of his remit i suspect. After that it wasnt very pretty from what i can recall. 

8 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

If I were a football manager I would want to talk to my players, 1 to 1, on a regular basis to understand their hopes and fears for the present and the future so that I had a good, up to date, idea of the players I wanted playing for me and of those that wanted to play for me.

...and then I'd tell the press that all our focus was on the next game.

Yes agree, and that is definitely where the focus should be. As much as we might like to know what the plans for next season are, we have to concentrate first on tonight’s game. Beyond that, there are too many imponderables anyway, what division are we going to be in, will we find ourselves under any sort of embargo, and even, will Monk have his own contract renewed

Edited by gurujuan

21 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If you think that outburst was him discussing his carefully thought out plan on how he was going to take the club forward then I despair. And now on the last day of the season, he is not even discussing his future plan? OK.

Dispair away then. The combination of his “outburst” where he told everyone half the squad would change and freezing out key players was pretty clear. The players he has now seem to be ones he can work with and has a different relationship. He clearly wants all focus on the game in a similar manner to CC not discussing his contract before Ipswich.

Monk has said about 100 times what he wants to do. The rest will come out in the wash. He’s not going to say who’s coming in or who he wants to move on as managers rarely do at this stage.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes agree, and that is definitely where the focus should be. As much as we might like to know what the plans for next season are, we have to concentrate first on tonight’s game. Beyond that, there are too many imponderables anyway, what division are we going to be in, will we find ourselves under any sort of embargo, and even, will Monk have his own contract renewed

Plans for next season should already have been done, irrespective of what division we are in. If they havent its too late.

After tonights game we should be implementing whatever plan that is, not trying to plan it.