Monk on forward planning ...

"We’ve still got another game left, we need to get all that work done, focus only on that. Those three points are the only thing we need to think about right now, from this last game.

“Then we will work out what the future is beyond that for everyone, but that’s not my focus right now.

“I can’t talk about all of those things right now, we’re still in this congested period and now with this one game left we have to put our focus into that.

“After that decisions will be made.”

Is this sensible? 

Does he really think it's a good idea to focus on what is essentially a meaningless game rather than the bigger picture of who he wants to stick around?

Are we letting other clubs get on with the business of approaching potential.targets while we complete the formalities of a meaningless fixture before giving the transfer market a second thought?

Or are his hands just completely tied and he's been told we can't do anything until the EFL case is done?

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

How can it be meaningless when it could determine which league we are in next season 

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Really struggling for sticks to beat Monk with now.

The OP said meaningless, not Monk.

20 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

"We’ve still got another game left, we need to get all that work done, focus only on that. Those three points are the only thing we need to think about right now, from this last game.

“Then we will work out what the future is beyond that for everyone, but that’s not my focus right now.

“I can’t talk about all of those things right now, we’re still in this congested period and now with this one game left we have to put our focus into that.

“After that decisions will be made.”

Is this sensible? 

Does he really think it's a good idea to focus on what is essentially a meaningless game rather than the bigger picture of who he wants to stick around?

Are we letting other clubs get on with the business of approaching potential.targets while we complete the formalities of a meaningless fixture before giving the transfer market a second thought?

Or are his hands just completely tied and he's been told we can't do anything until the EFL case is done?

You never know it might be a fact that tomorrow’s game is the last one for Monk as the Owls manager and that’s reflected in his latest response to questions about ‘the future etc’

I doubt it but you never know - if DC has listened to the comments and seen the Owlstalk poll Mr Monk might just be on his way out just like the players at the end of their contracts

14 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

You really think we're not?

Not sure. That's why I'm asking if people think his hands are tied until the EFL case is done.

The quote above was in response to Nuhiu, and he said we weren't dealing with it until after the Boro game. Now it seems apparent he's on his way. Is that Monk's decision or have we snoozed and someone has nipped in and tied him up?

Because the game is tomorrow. Literally got a month to sort everything out after tomorrow. 

And who knows whether he will be here for a significant time after tomorrow anyway. 

Edited by flo
  • Like 1

Are you kidding? He talked about planning publically in January it backfired. The last thing he wants is for that to happen again.

We know the planning is still going on behind the scenes with Nuhiu leaving and the youngster from City coming in 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Wall said:

Maybe not a terrible idea to try and win it though. You know, just in case...

It's pretty poor when they manager is getting criticised for trying to win football matches

Not criticising him for that, but just wondering if he should be parking all other aspects of his job at an extremely critical.time as he's suggesting he is.

Pretty sure they're not training 24 hours a day.  Could he not have found time to discuss players futures with them where necessary.