Jump to content

Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC


Recommended Posts

Just now, IWEDFM said:

 

No logic mate

 

It's like saying Leeds are as good as Liverpool because they both won their respective leagues

 

Oh right.

 

So what is this imaginary standard you've just invented in a vain attempt to save face, rather than humbly acknowledging the limitations of your simplistic reasoning?

 

People don't talk about 10 goals a season in the Premier League and 40 in League Two do they?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ka58
Just now, sammo said:

I hate to state the blinding obvious - but we've just given up on someone who would be a very, very effective striker in the league below. Where we may still end up.

 

Not only that, we've got ourselves a mountain to climb with recruitment and left ourselves far too much work to do.

 

It's likely to be a remarkably short pre-season and we've got just one ineffective striker on the books, and a proven, incompetent recruitment strategy.

 

Nuhiu has brought the worst out in the worst Wednesday fans - he is a player the opposition hate to face and an effective plan B. All good squads have them. 

 

He has given his all to Wednesday and deserved another year as a stable back up in a transition period bound to be littered with obstacles. 


totally agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was gutted when Hooper left. Not really bothered about any of the others who have left. But Big Dave, you will be missed.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJMortimer said:

 

Oh right.

 

So what is this imaginary standard you've just invented in a vain attempt to save face, rather than humbly acknowledging the limitations of your simplistic reasoning?

 

People don't talk about 10 goals a season in the Premier League and 40 in League Two do they?

 

Mate it's my opinion. For some he's been a success and for others he hasn't. It really is that simple. Like I said above he's a good character and has given his all but it's time to move on and bring in some fresh faces. 7 years in football is a long time

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

 

Oh right.

 

So what is this imaginary standard you've just invented in a vain attempt to save face, rather than humbly acknowledging the limitations of your simplistic reasoning?

 

People don't talk about 10 goals a season in the Premier League and 40 in League Two do they?

Whilst i understand your frustration at people who wont look beyond the facts / records etc, your blind refusal to consider them is just as bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IWEDFM said:

 

Mate it's my opinion. For some he's been a success and for others he hasn't. It really is that simple. Like I said above he's a good character and has given his all but it's time to move on and bring in some fresh faces. 7 years in football is a long time

 

No, that's a different opinion and one I don't have an issue with. My concern is not that Nuhiu is a superstar who we cannot lose at any price, because he clearly isn't. More pertinent is what budget we'll be working with and what that will mean for the standard of the forwards we'll be using next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interested to see what level of striker we might be able to attract 

 

Just had a quick look now and can’t see who out of contract would be a decent shout 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Very interested to see what level of striker we might be able to attract 

 

Just had a quick look now and can’t see who out of contract would be a decent shout 

 

We are going to need a minimum of three in my opinion , possibly four. A big ask .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Whilst i understand your frustration at people who wont look beyond the facts / records etc, your blind refusal to consider them is just as bad

 

Consider what? An average squad option on a mediocre team has a modest scoring record? Hardly deserves the rancour it gets here does it? @asteener1867 has summed it up well a few times in this thread. Some people set an unrealistic standard, then rage it isn't met. Yet they do so disproportionately for different players. Nuhiu got panned for years, yet Rhodes had endless excuses made for a worse record. Given the outlay, reputation, expectations and return, he has acquitted himself reasonably well overall, and certainly better than most in the last few years who have escaped commensurate degrees of criticism.  

 

I wonder if fans of Dem Blades are similarly outraged that all their forwards put together have mustered just 22 goals between them all season? Whilst it is something to be addressed in the long run for them if they want to reach further, in the wider context it's only a slight inconvenience to their highest league finish in nearly half a century.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite incredible that there are people making ‘time to move on’ and ‘good riddance’ comments. I have no idea how anyone who supports the club and has been watching what has happened over the last few years can not realise that the primary thing it is time for us to move on from is the overpaid petulant wasters who have shown nothing but contempt for the club and fans and in this season alone have cost us a great chance of being on a totally different path. All this guy has done is his best for the club and the shirt and if the rest did the same we might have got somewhere. Attitude, determination and professionalism is what we need - he’s one of only a few that have shown it. If people don’t value that then it’s hard to understand what they’re expecting or supporting.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

 

We are going to need a minimum of three in my opinion , possibly four. A big ask .


Huge ask 

 

An opportunity to get it right though all the same 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at a video of all his goals, it’ll tell you that in some ways he is a poacher. I think mobility is a bit of problem for him so getting into the box at will is something he is always going to struggle to do but when he gets in the box he always looks capable of scoring. Yes he’s missed some sitters but all strikers do but for a player who divides opinion like he does to become part of a selective club at SWFC is fair play to him. Nailed on to score the winner against Boro 😀

Edited by Jim
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Very interested to see what level of striker we might be able to attract 


There's some decent talent in some of the lower leagues abroad

 

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us face facts. We are going to have some absolutely awful footballers join the club this summer. We dont even have the clay or a kiln to make a pot to ******** in, and could well be in league 1. We are aren’t shopping at Waitrose as we were 4 or 5 years ago, we are hanging around by the bins outside Aldi at closing time in case any rotten meat offcuts are thrown out that we can nick and make a stew out of .

 

there will be many times next season the manager will look to his subs bench to either close a game out or somehow get a goal or two back to save a point or get 3 points. What will he have next to him ? Maybe the ageing Wilfred bony who can’t run anymore due to the weight of the cash stuffed in his pockets by Man City and swansea. Perhaps the wretched da Cruz , still without a goal and any idea of which way to run on a football pitch. Maybe one of Paxos specials , plucked from the reserve team of Rio Ave over a bottle of port with Carlos, who will become the latest goalless boo boy. Or just maybe Jordan Rhodes, a player with no desire to be at the club and who has seen his career , form and ability completely collapse. Perhaps we will try to rehabilitate an old crock like Connor  Sickham, maybe Paul lake or David buust can come on loan for a season. 

and our manager will no doubt then tell young Urhoghide to get stripped off, go up top and make a nuisance of himself with no expectation of him doing anything than running offside 5 times and pushing around a bit at corners.

 

its an absolutely stupid decision by the club to let Nuhiu go. 


 


 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jim said:

If you look at a video of all his goals, it’ll tell you that in some ways he is a poacher. I think mobility is a bit of problem for him so getting into the box at will is something he is always going to struggle to do but when he gets in the box he always looks capable of scoring. Yes he’s missed some sitters but all strikers do but for a player who divides opinion like he does to become part of a selective club at SWFC is fair play to him. Nailed on to score the winner against Boro 😀

A centre forward that has limited mobility and struggles to get in the box at will

And thats from one of his supporters!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Let us face facts. We are going to have some absolutely awful footballers join the club this summer. We dont even have the clay or a kiln to make a pot to ******** in, and could well be in league 1. We are aren’t shopping at Waitrose as we were 4 or 5 years ago, we are hanging around by the bins outside Aldi at closing time in case any rotten meat offcuts are thrown out that we can nick and make a stew out of .

 

there will be many times next season the manager will look to his subs bench to either close a game out or somehow get a goal or two back to save a point or get 3 points. What will he have next to him ? Maybe the ageing Wilfred bony who can’t run anymore due to the weight of the cash stuffed in his pockets by Man City and swansea. Perhaps the wretched da Cruz , still without a goal and any idea of which way to run on a football pitch. Maybe one of Paxos specials , plucked from the reserve team of Rio Ave over a bottle of port with Carlos, who will become the latest goalless boo boy. Or just maybe Jordan Rhodes, a player with no desire to be at the club and who has seen his career , form and ability completely collapse. Perhaps we will try to rehabilitate an old crock like Connor  Sickham, maybe Paul lake or David buust can come on loan for a season. 

and our manager will no doubt then tell young Urhoghide to get stripped off, go up top and make a nuisance of himself with no expectation of him doing anything than running offside 5 times and pushing around a bit at corners.

 

its an absolutely stupid decision by the club to let Nuhiu go. 


 


 

 

Some great one liners in there

But how do you know what our budget will be?

Just because we may be guilty of dodgy accounting  the fact is the ground has been sold for millions whichever year it gets put in 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Quite incredible that there are people making ‘time to move on’ and ‘good riddance’ comments. I have no idea how anyone who supports the club and has been watching what has happened over the last few years can not realise that the primary thing it is time for us to move on from is the overpaid petulant wasters who have shown nothing but contempt for the club and fans and in this season alone have cost us a great chance of being on a totally different path. All this guy has done is his best for the club and the shirt and if the rest did the same we might have got somewhere. Attitude, determination and professionalism is what we need - he’s one of only a few that have shown it. If people don’t value that then it’s hard to understand what they’re expecting or supporting.

well said 👏👏

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...