Big Nige

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We just need threads on Big Sam, Mick McCarthy, Gary Megson, "Get Carlos Back' and Neil Warnock then we've got the full list of Wednesday manager cliche's 

You missed Bring Back Jos, after all he was better than Monk has proved to be!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Tbf Nige would fall out with Jesus..and have a feyt with mother Teresa

In all fairness Jesus Christ was is a bit of an idiot in some circles and Mother Theresa had a bit of a reputation not easy to shake.

Guest Grez Bez

He'd be perfect for us, particularly if we beat the EFL charge.

I doubt he'd take it though given he still lives in Sheffield 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Pearson has the sort of personality that would have sorted out the egos & the bad eggs while keeping them part of the squad.

How the hell do you work that out?

Personally, I still can't get over the absurd interview when he talked about knowing how to handle himself

Has anybody posted the quotes where he said he would never manage us while living in the area, being too close to the job?

Do carry on dreaming though.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

"You never say never. but I like living in Sheffield.

"I have been quoted as saying I have an emotional attachment (to the club) but what I don't want is emotional baggage to do a job.

"Football management is about making tough decisions. As a football manager, you want to make fans happy by being successful but you can't keep everybody happy all the time because you have to sometimes make decisions that are unpopular or not always understandable.

"Sheffield has been such a big part of my life and family's life that I don't really want to put that at risk for a job.

"Football management in the modern day is not what it used to be. It is more intrusive.

"There is more to my life than work and that is the angle I'm coming from.

"So this is not me saying I don't want to do it and I am never going to do it. I might never have the opportunity.

"I have never turned it down before because I have never been given the opportunity. We are talking hypothetically.

"I like living here and I am not particularly prepared to put important parts of my life at risk for a job."

Thanks, but what did Big Nige say ?

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Has anybody posted the quotes where he said he would never manage us while living in the area, being too close to the job?

Do carry on dreaming though.

Someone has posted it here but he specifically says: "never say never".

You're probably right that we wouldn't get him but I'll carry on dreaming!

There will be a hat full of Chairman onto his agent already! Middlesborough the obvious one.